Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th July 2012, 15:07   #41
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikelsh View Post
More than happy to design a flyer for you should you need help?

Simon
There you go Rich your luck has changed already

Nice one Simon

VVC-Geeza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2012, 15:19   #42
rich17865
This is my second home

Transit Connect

Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,095 Posts

Thanks very much Simon for the kind offer, there are currently 30000 leaflets dropping through doors as we speak! One even came through my own door yesterday and I have used this delivery company in the past so I know they do deliver them.

The only downside is I find that people keep them on the fridge or by the phone instead of calling me straight away, the sort of 'when I get round to it' pile of things. People call and say they had a leaflet last week, when I find out which version they have it was delivered 18 months ago. Good in some ways, bad in others.

I am sure something will change next week, it has never been this quiet before, this time last year I was booked up 6 weeks in advance and had 2 employees!
rich17865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2012, 15:36   #43
RKDE
Loves to post

MG 180 ZT-T SE+

I run a small product design & engineering consultancy and its been hard for quite a while but this year even more so. I have let staff go, no subscribing to software updates and selling off any old equipment which is not really used.

Now work is slow but luckily still there and enough to keep us busy we have been working on a new website as the old one is outdated and we are working on new advertising media to help promote the company again. Its been a lot of work and I know exactly where you are coming from. I could have easily given up a few months ago but I do truly love what I do and the clients I do have are really good to work for, some have really been there to support me and there have been a few that have not.

My difficulty now is more clients holding back payments as long as they can and from this month there will be an early payment scheme going into place which will take the French approach of pay in 30 days or the bill will increase by 10% every week thereafter. Has to be done.

I hope that the flyers do you some good and get you the extra business. Other friends have had to turn their hands to making and selling items to get them through. Even I have been doing a little bit too.
Old 13th July 2012, 18:16   #44
Ros3
This is my second home

Rover 75 V6 saloon (gone to the Rover garage in the sky), Mazda mx5 Phoenix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
Yes, the new government always blame the last government for the problems while the small man suffers the cuts, job losses and pays for the mistakes. The bankers and the politicians never take any cuts in their pay and still get their pensions in full.

Aye... It feels like a right kick in the nut's mate..
Ros3 is offline   Reply With Quote