Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20th August 2007, 17:02   #1
Hampton Caught
Loves to post

ex MG ZT-T (sob!), Rover 25 and TR7 dhc pilot, but not all at the same time!

Default Low Slung Butt Whilst Towing

That got your attention!

Whilst loaded up for my holiday with four bikes, stuff, family, stuff and a caravan, full of stuff, I had concerns about the height (or lack) at the rear of the car. Strange that! The Witter detachable towbar didn't help as this finishes some inches below the bumper, unlike the Brinks towbar.

As well as bottoming out on the caravan park speed bumps (placed just below a steep incline which I climbed out of with much wheelspin ) I also noticed that the camber of the rear wheels was even greater than normal. Having had to replace the first set of tyres at 11,500 miles, I don't fancy another set so soon - the inside shoulder of the rear tyres were bald.:SHOCKED:

I'm left with two options (or a third if you include my wife's suggestion of another Land Rover instead of the MG ).

Option one, spring assisters, cost about £15 (I live near Grayston's so can collect them) and are a DIY job (apparently).

Option 2, self-levelling suspension . Can anyone advise me what I would need to have the factory set up for my ZT-T, which is a facelifted model with the CDT engine? Is it DIY and would I need the four wheel alignment set up again afterwards?

Very many thanks,

Steve
Hampton Caught is offline   Reply With Quote