Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th December 2016, 21:11   #1
smeegol
Avid contributor

rover 75 saloon

Default How to install KODI on fire tv stick

I posted this on another thread so here is the full install method for kodi firestick.
First update the fire tv stick to the latest version.
Go to settings >about > check for updates and install.
go to settings and make sure both allow apps from unknown source and debugging is on.Also turn off collect data usage
Now you need to download an app called ES file explorer onto your stick.
Open ES and type in the following address in the search (browser) ...https://kodi.tv/download
It will open the kodi website and go to 16.1 jarvis.
click on the android > apk ARM or x86.
It will download kodi then click to install.
Once installed you may get an OBD error message when opened for the first time, but just close it and after a couple of attempts it will download and open.
Now to install wookie.
Go into kodi and highlight system. Under system there will be file manager...click on that.
Choose add source.
In the first column tyep in the following exactly.
http://wiz.wookiespmc.com then ok
in the name section type in wookie then ok.
press back until it goes back to system
Clcik on system and then scroll down to add ons, press enter
choose add from zip file ( enter)
choose wookie (enter)
click on succum to the wookie and wait until the screen shows installed . press close.
press back to main screen and head to videos section . under video will be video add ons ...click on this.
In red you will see wookie . click on this
a page will open with first option saying install wookie. You will have a few optional builds but the best is retro. highlight the build and press install ( to the right of it).
It will warn you about clean install and just press continue. it will download the package ( around 300MB) then install it. once installed to 100% it will need need to force close so the best way is to unplug the power lead from the stick.
once plugged back in and kodi is opened you will have the wookie installed. Wait a few minutes for it to update all the apps.
There are more apps under video addons
ENJOY
smeegol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2016, 22:07   #2
Coups
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

Brilliant and simple to follow. I've marked this for next time I update ours. Thank you for taking the time to write this out in plain language.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2016, 03:29   #3
saxo1980
Gets stuck in

BMW 118i m sport

well done lol i was going to do this few days ago and i thought i best not lol

Last edited by saxo1980; 25th December 2016 at 03:31..
saxo1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2016, 11:29   #4
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Our Firestick came with KODI installed, but it took me a week to actually find it and work out how to run it

I have since found the Kodi forum, but they seem not very helpful to newbies.

I am trying to find out if I can send items from Kobi to in some way record to HDD. Setup is a D-Link broadband modem/router/wifi AP, located in the loft where the phone line comes in. This is then connected via a wired LAN to a Netgear modem/router/wifi AP to provide ground floor coverage. The latter is one the Firestick normally connects to.

The D-Link can have a USB HDD connected to it and I have a 1Tb HDD plugged in, which I can access via the LAN from any PC on the LAN.

Kodi mentions PVR in its menu, but is there some way to have it record to the above network HDD please?

My other question, is there some way to get Kodi to show up in a more accessible place than it is presently deeply buried.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 25th December 2016 at 11:37..
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2016, 20:50   #5
smeegol
Avid contributor

rover 75 saloon

With the recent update of the fire tv stick, the kodi app now resides .on the appscreen or recently used instead of going into settings>apps>manage installed apps> kodi which used to be a pain.
The fire tv stick cnnot be connected to an external usb hard drive as the usb port is only for power , unlike the fire tv box which supports fat32 external hard drives.
If there is a way of transferring over wifi , i do not know of it although using ADBfire is the easier way of transferring apps directly to your fire tv stick.
smeegol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2016, 10:14   #6
Robti
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 190+,Rover 800 vitesse coupe

How do you d/l es file explorer ?
Old 29th December 2016, 14:15   #7
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robti View Post
How do you d/l es file explorer ?
es file explorer is on one of the Firestick menus for installing. Just a click away. I installed it, but when streaming films via Kodi, it puts a small circular graphic on the right, about midway up, so I removed the app..

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Old 29th December 2016, 14:24   #8
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

The OP is posting not only how to install Kodi which is a great piece of software for a HTPC. But also how to install an addon from an alternate source to bypass copyright and gain access to content without payment to the rights holders. What you are not told is that without securing and anonymising your connections that you are traceable to the rights holders who may come after you for copyright infringement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
Our Firestick came with KODI installed, but it took me a week to actually find it and work out how to run it

I have since found the Kodi forum, but they seem not very helpful to newbies.

Well, if your enquiries concerned how to 'record' copyrighted content obtained as a stream using third party plugins I'm not surprised. The genuine Kodi developers and community take an extremely dim view of that usage of the software they develop.
Save

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2016, 19:03   #9
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post
Well, if your enquiries concerned how to 'record' copyrighted content obtained as a stream using third party plugins I'm not surprised. The genuine Kodi developers and community take an extremely dim view of that usage of the software they develop.
Save
I was a bit more guarded than that

Old 30th December 2016, 13:36   #10
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

"At the end of the day" these threads are discussing methods on how to "steal" something that they have no right to access.
I have made my views known on here before about this kind of dodging payment for something.
It seems that the mod`s are not bothered about this topic.
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote