Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th December 2006, 16:17   #1
pondweed
This is my second home

Waiter, Waiter! I seem to have a Roomster in my drive...

Default Synergy

I notice a few more mentions of recent fittings... but there is little on Rons diesel forum on .org re comparisons/comments of people 'fettling' them systematically... or at least, there are queries but not many discussions? And the difference between TU3 and Synergy settings means that owners are not necessarily going to be conversant with the others' findings?
There was a bit on 30-50 and 50-70 timing comparisons (on here) a while back on here which I found particularly helpful to provide a degree of objectivity in the process.
I'd also interested to know where people are finding best for their switches! The cable doesnt seem quite long enough to reach the centre console, given the normal access route by the drivers side plenum access into the cabin?

Would there be value in a string of peoples experiences and what settings they are running on (and for what reason) I'm also conscious that the two switch settings give the possibility of more variation.. but in practice, is anyone actually using the second 'red' position?
pondweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2006, 21:37   #2
Simon
Banned

-

Agreed.

Unfortunately, I'm not a desiel owner but what you suggest does make very good sense and would certainly help people decide what setting (or combination of) would best suit them, as well as peoples feedback on their own setup's.

Hopefully this'll grab the attention of other CDT owners and maybe start something of a bench test going.... :lol:
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2006, 11:51   #3
Roverron
Gets stuck in

Rover

It would be good to compile a list if settings in common use.

The dash switch is often fitted either by the boot release or on the steering column.

I've often wondered how many owners use the low setting of the dash switch.
I assumed it was where the car was driven, by for exampe, s.w.m.b.o. who preferred it with less throttle sensitivity and never used the extra power!!

Ron
Old 17th December 2006, 15:21   #4
pondweed
This is my second home

that means, I guess, some sort of "male switch management", making executive decisions as to its setting as one leaves the car.... ?!

(I must admit, for it actually being 'her' car, I tend to just hope that it behaves itself and nothing falls off or breaks when she is driving, probably most likely because I've left something lose, 'sorted something' or forgotten to bolt something back. eeek)
Old 17th December 2006, 15:41   #5
Roverron
Gets stuck in

Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by pondweed View Post
that means, I guess, some sort of "male switch management", making executive decisions as to its setting as one leaves the car.... ?!

(I must admit, for it actually being 'her' car, I tend to just hope that it behaves itself and nothing falls off or breaks when she is driving, probably most likely because I've left something lose, 'sorted something' or forgotten to bolt something back. eeek)
Crafty! Getting 'her indoors' to do all the testing after you've had your sticky fingers in it!!

Ron
Old 18th December 2006, 10:54   #6
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Do a search on d.org for postings by Ti Rich iirc he did a whole load of spreadsheets which you could add you own values to
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2006, 11:27   #7
pondweed
This is my second home

yes, I've got those and some of my own now..
but is there a place on this forum where this could all be "libraried" i.e. original sources of timing data from roadtest and stuff, and our own synergy/tu3 case studies...it's all so specific to the 75 and ZT CDT that it seems it should be easily referrable here (if anywhere)... rather than searching each time, and trying to remember where the dickins it used to be!