Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd July 2018, 22:01   #31
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRich View Post

It was one of MG Rover's biggest failings not having sporty halo models in the Rover range. Rover had a fine sporting pedigree, particularly in the 90s with the blown M/T-series cars. There was a token effort to follow these with the VVC-powered 200 and 25 then... nothing. Launching the Zed cars was genius but MGR was so terrified of range crossover (no doubt because of the badge engineering criticism) that they scalped the Rovers to focus on comfort instead of building a range of Q cars.
I completely agree.The buying public were well aware of Rover's reputation for style and comfort but a stand alone high powered version of the 75 would have completely refreshed the image of the company and possibly have pulled in a whole new sector of the market.I don't see the V8 powered 75 as that car because it's just a standard 75 with a big heavy engine and not particularly known for high performance.

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2018, 09:35   #32
Outlaw 41
Loves to post

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
I completely agree.The buying public were well aware of Rover's reputation for style and comfort but a stand alone high powered version of the 75 would have completely refreshed the image of the company and possibly have pulled in a whole new sector of the market.I don't see the V8 powered 75 as that car because it's just a standard 75 with a big heavy engine and not particularly known for high performance.
But what an engine! Anything taken from a Mustang has got to be good,ok it hasnt got buckets of performance or the mpg of a modern engine but what a SOUND. For the average man /gal on the street sound is more important that top end speed. No one travels at breakneck speed all the time (if ever) but the sound is always there . It makes you turn off your cd/radio and lower that window just so as you can here that engine pull you up that hill.around that bend or on your favourite straight. I enjoy hearing my V6, if i had an American V8 i would be in Heaven. Very emotive .

Last edited by Outlaw 41; 24th July 2018 at 09:52.. Reason: spellig
Outlaw 41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2018, 09:42   #33
Mike Trident
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Saloon & Citroen C1

It could easily have been tuned for more power.

I will own one eventually.

BORN
Tuesday, 5th October 2004 @ 12:35:52
This vehicle was the 104,679th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 3,318th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744
This vehicle was the 12,440th 75 in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 14,280 Starlight Silver 75s
Mike Trident is offline   Reply With Quote