Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd August 2018, 07:21   #91
Cantray
Avid contributor

Rover 75 1.8 Club SE, Rover 75 cdt Club, Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE

I have been following this post and understand the problems as outlined by austingarages.

I am not sure I quite understand all the issues - especially the need for a modified isolator (I presume that is the rubber moulding that goes between spring and suspension arm).

Can anyone explain again?

many thanks
Cantray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2018, 18:35   #92
Kevin Williams
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT Tourer [116 bhp] in Wedgwood Blue / MG ZT CDTi [131bhp] in Anthracite

Dear All,
A brilliant thread, highlighting a problem we are all likely to face,sooner or later.

My tourer passed it's MOT last week, with some complimentary comments from the tester about the general state of maintenance [thank you Roy Maskrey, mostly down to you!]. However, the nearside upper suspension arm was exhibiting some of the corrosion issues highlighted and was marked as an advisory.

Two questions, if I may ask. Firstly, while not wanting to prevaricate on sorting, how bad do they have to be before becoming dangerous and causing collapse? I'm heading off on a short holiday to the North West next month with wife and dog and plan to use the Tourer....

Secondly, normally a no brainer to get this sorted before I go. However, with the concerns about the poor quality of X Part's Indian supplies of replacement arms and possible better alternatives/quality improvements on the way, how long do you think before a decent alternative is back in supply, to give piece of mind?

Or am I overreacting, and a delay of a few months may bring better options?Will some of the other manufacturers like FIACOM or First Part find it sufficiently commercially attractive to resupply/make better replacements?

Thanks for any comments in advance

Kevin
Kevin Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2018, 19:06   #93
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

The only safe way is to take the wheel off and have a good look. They don't remove wheels on the MOT, and the rust is usually on the top section. Mike

Last edited by roverbarmy; 2nd February 2019 at 13:13..
roverbarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2019, 13:15   #94
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGRS View Post
Let's hope the quality issues are ironed out - I'm going to pull a couple of beers out the fridge and go over a set of Indian arms with a fine toothed comb this evening.
Any results on the inspections yet? I may need arms for my MOT in July, so getting a list together at the moment. Mike