Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th May 2014, 01:48   #31
wolfman

rover 75 tourer

That's a job I will have to do in a few months so I would also be interested in a set when they are available
wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2014, 23:28   #32
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts
Default Wishbone inserts (Piotr Bushes)

Late last year August 2013 I checked my lower wishbone bushes be cause even after I had changed the lower engine mount I was still getting a little vibration, upon inspection I found the bushes to be split and that they needed changing so I purchased two new mounts with bushes included.

Once the new bushes/mounts arrived they were fitted with the appreciated help of My Devlish & Mr Trebor
on 20/8/2013

A week later I took the car for it's MOT and it failed on the ball joint, so I had to purchase a new wishbone are and refit the drivers side on the 2/9/2013

This now brings me to the last nano meet where a fellow R75 owner asked me to check his lower engine mount, reason being he was getting a clonking sound on take off, and through gear change, I did this for him all was ok with the lower engine mount but both his wishbone bushes had been torn/split, one right through in fact I would say the car was not drivable like that.

It then so happened that fate stepped in and a nano member Piotr introduced his self to me as I had some headrests for him and showed me some wishbone bushes he was having produced, and asked if I knew of someone whom could fit them to their car and give him reports on how they perform.

Well what better car could we have picked than that of the R75 owner who's car was there with us and had damaged wishbone bushes, but of cause we was then left with the Finding ourselves impaled upon the horns of a dilemma, should we fit them due to time and how difficult the job is, did we have the right tools etc anyways cut a long story short we fitted the ( Piotr Bushes ) as I call them now, special thanks to Brian,& Ron

These have been tested over some bad pot hole roads since then and the report back is they are performing great, some are also fitted to a R75 in Poland driven on roads which a four by four would find hard to cope with and the reports are good.

Now back up to speed Piotr visited me at my home on Tuesday 13/5/2014 as I promised him a fan for his car he came to pick it and had a gift for me, yes the wishbone bushes he is having produced, and asked me would I like to fit them to my car and let him know also what I thought of them, I proceeded to tell him that I had only 8 months earlier fitted two new bushes, but would try them as and when if needed.

Yesterday 15/5/2014 I had to get the car on the ramps for a different matter, while I was under the car I checked out of curiosity on the wishbone bushes I fitted 8 months earlier to my shock I found this below

I now find my self having to replace the wishbone bushes I bought in August 2013 after only 1200 miles of driving angry is not the word that came to mind I can tell you suffice to say I will be contacting the seller and looking for a refund, I bought middle of the road bushes not cheap but not the most costly either turns out they are no good at all.

I put out a call for anyone whom had a couple of spare lower wishbone bush mounts used, I did have my old ones but they were given to Dave (Dattrike) so he could use them to fit new insert bushes to his other car, I contacted Mr nice Dave to see if he still had the old ones he took off his car once he had replaced them and he came up trumps they arrived today 16/5/2014 :hail: FOC he would not even take a penny for the postal cost big thank you.

Once I got them into my hands I set about cleaning them up, I filed and wire wool them, sprayed them ready to fit the ( Piotr ) insert bushes.

If you look at these metal mounts they have a chamfer edge to them this is the end that the insert is to be pushed into so clean them well no sharp edges etc.

Also clean inside the mounts and out side if you want to.

Do this to both of them it doe's not take much time.

The mounts after being cleaned and sprayed, also insert bushes below showing how they should fit into the mount.(Corrected )

These now have to be inserted into the metal mounts to do this grease the inside of the mount and the outer part of the insert which will be pushed through the mount.

As above & below you can see I have used good old Vaseline to grease them with.

I placed the mount on a flat surface the edge of my work bench and put the mount on top of the mount.

I then used a piece of soft wood 2" x2" and a 2lb lump hammer to push home the red bush into the mount, worked great no effort at all.

Of cause the bush will only go through as far as the flat face of the other side of the mount because the bench table stops it from going right through.

I then used a lower engine mount I had to put the wishbone mount over so I could tap the rest of the bush through.

Inset now pushed through to the other side and fully inserted into the mount.

Both the wishbone mounts are now ready to be fitted later today 17/5/2014

A close up of the product (Piotr inset bushes)

Later today I will add to the thread how the fitting to the car went with photo's also cheers Arctic.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Last edited by Arctic; 18th November 2014 at 01:29..
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2014, 20:49   #33
Cockaa
Posted a thing or two

Avant

Well they did'nt last very long at all fella

Cockaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2014, 20:54   #34
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Yes.
I'm interested too.
Old 18th May 2014, 21:08   #35
jonc3725
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 190 + and MKIV Supra

V interested in this x 2 sets. Let me know when you may have sets for sale

Living the dream

MK IV VVTI Tiptronic TT Toyota Supra
MG ZT 190+
BornTuesday, 10th July 2001 @ 09:01:10
259th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
252nd ZT 190 + to be made out of 4,023
101st ZT in Solar Red (code: CEU) to be made out of 1,888
jonc3725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2014, 21:17   #36
Jordan Apex
This is my second home

Jaguar XFR 2011MY

I imagine I will require a set of bushes soon and considering 'good' ones failed so quickly these look like a good option
Jordan Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2014, 21:35   #37
Zafonic
Banned

Rover 75 Conni cdt 160

I,ve heard about you and your Pet Gel, Steve
Zafonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2014, 22:11   #38
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockaa View Post
Well they did'nt last very long at all fella

Hi Nige.
You can say that again and I had the same trouble with the same side getting the mount off had to cut it off in the end, the centre piece that is, because the rubber had split and weakened to much to force it off with a crow bar.

These new Piotr ones look the business though, and now fitted have tightened up the steering so much better, smooth over the bump, pot holes and sleeping policemen.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2014, 22:17   #39
thomas 75 connie
This is my second home

Rover 75 launch car x2, Rover 800 Vitesse

Thanked 1,083 Times in 653 Posts

When you come to get these sorted please put me down for a set thanks Thomas
thomas 75 connie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2014, 22:36   #40
mrufff
Avid contributor

rover 75 saloon

just a quick update and apologies.

due to unexpected circumstances things has bee delayed.
i was too optimistic hoping for nice and easy start

anyway parts should be finally for sale by the end on next week.

Done so far : plenum checked, egr bypass, viton orings, brake pipes, pads, maf disconnected, top strut bearings, all filters and fluids, fan wires swapped, OEM xenons fitted remap done_god bless you BigRuss

To do :rear wheel bearings, sort out knocking rear suspension, i'll find something else for sure
mrufff is offline   Reply With Quote