Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th September 2012, 07:51   #1
OldJT

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.0 CDT 2002 saloon for sale

The car of my dreams is up for sale as I have had recent spinal surgery and as a consequence the car is too low for me to comfortably get into.

I spent a long time looking at different cars before going for this one because of it's very good provenance.

It's a light green saloon with grey leather interior and the diesel 116bhp engine. The car was originally registered by a dealer before being sold to the only keeper other than myself. This was an older gent who lives locally to me. He looked after the car over and above the service schedule. He only ever took it to the dealer (Hopton Garage, Stafford and Tempest Rover, Lichfield) for all the work, for example down to clearing the sun roof drains. Unfortunately when he traded the car at Stafford Ford, he got rid of the bills because he didn't think anyone would want them! I do have the stamped up service book of the main services but I also rang Tempest Rover at Lichfield who confirmed the history the old gentleman had described.

It was registered in December 2002 and has currently done 119,448 miles. It is MOT'd until Feb 2013 and taxed until the end of November 2012. I had it service at Hopton Garage a couple of weeks ago (12th September) with no "advisories". At the last MOT there were no advisories either, so it's all ready to go. Everything works as it should including the best climate control I've had on any car. Internally the car is in excellent condition. Externally it has one blemish on the rear bumper where it looks like somebody was trying to lift out a heavy case and failed, I've included a pic of that. If I was keeping the car I would get it done as it is the only thing that stops it from being in excellent condition.

It's got the usual CDT Connoisseur spec with sunroof and removable tow bar as the only extras. I am looking for £1,700 ONO.

All in all it's a very good, unmolested car that will not need any work for the foreseeable future with a very nice history to go with it. I would really like the car to go to a club member or even a friend of a club member and not go to someone who just wants a lot of car for the money.

Please message me if you want any more info or to come and have a look. I am in Stafford.

Thank you for looking.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010326.jpg (35.0 KB, 162 views)
File Type: jpg P1010327.jpg (52.2 KB, 169 views)
File Type: jpg P1010328.jpg (55.3 KB, 167 views)
File Type: jpg P1010329.jpg (52.4 KB, 151 views)
File Type: jpg P1010330.jpg (50.2 KB, 140 views)
OldJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2012, 11:07   #2
djspenna
Avid contributor

MG-ZT+ CDTi 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJT View Post
The car of my dreams is up for sale as I have had recent spinal surgery and as a consequence the car is too low for me to comfortably get into.

I spent a long time looking at different cars before going for this one because of it's very good provenance.

It's a light green saloon with grey leather interior and the diesel 116bhp engine. The car was originally registered by a dealer before being sold to the only keeper other than myself. This was an older gent who lives locally to me. He looked after the car over and above the service schedule. He only ever took it to the dealer (Hopton Garage, Stafford and Tempest Rover, Lichfield) for all the work, for example down to clearing the sun roof drains. Unfortunately when he traded the car at Stafford Ford, he got rid of the bills because he didn't think anyone would want them! I do have the stamped up service book of the main services but I also rang Tempest Rover at Lichfield who confirmed the history the old gentleman had described.

It was registered in December 2002 and has currently done 119,448 miles. It is MOT'd until Feb 2013 and taxed until the end of November 2012. I had it service at Hopton Garage a couple of weeks ago (12th September) with no "advisories". At the last MOT there were no advisories either, so it's all ready to go. Everything works as it should including the best climate control I've had on any car. Internally the car is in excellent condition. Externally it has one blemish on the rear bumper where it looks like somebody was trying to lift out a heavy case and failed, I've included a pic of that. If I was keeping the car I would get it done as it is the only thing that stops it from being in excellent condition.

It's got the usual CDT Connoisseur spec with sunroof and removable tow bar as the only extras. I am looking for £1,700 ONO.

All in all it's a very good, unmolested car that will not need any work for the foreseeable future with a very nice history to go with it. I would really like the car to go to a club member or even a friend of a club member and not go to someone who just wants a lot of car for the money.

Please message me if you want any more info or to come and have a look. I am in Stafford.

Thank you for looking.
Lovely car, now if only i can sell my 52 plate BMW 320D SE i would be very tempted. Ideal for me as i'm in Walsall but work in Huntington, so just down the A34 and i'm there !!!
djspenna is offline   Reply With Quote