Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 5th January 2020, 14:31   #61
Sheraton
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 1.8t

Those Unipart Bushes pictured and the Meyle Bushes I have do look to have been made to the same spec/pattern (the Bush and the Housing)

Meyle are a German "Brand" - are the parts actually made in Germany ? ......."assembled" in Germany maybe.....

No country of Manufacture mentioned on either the Meyle or the Moog parts.

List Price for the Moog Arms/Bushes from mister-auto-uk = £192 per side ? .....lol...... I think most Car Parts Suppliers are at it

I'd hoped to buy some Delphi Arms and probably the Meyle Bushes - current circumstance and budget meant i had to make a compromise

it will be a week or so before i get an opportunity to try and fit these

Paul.
Sheraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2020, 15:31   #62
Sheraton
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 1.8t

How'do folks

I had a wee browse to see if i could determine where these Moog Parts are manufactured.

the Moog website suggests their Suspension and Steering Components are Manufactured in Barcelona. (they definitely came via France to get here - quick delivery too)

"At MOOG, we’re always looking for improvement, both to our parts and to our service. With our recent innovations we’ve really gone the extra mile in making our products even better and, to expand our manufacturing footprint, we’ve opened our own MOOG production plant, in Barcelona. This will provide better control over our production to deliver an even better service. We thought that we’d celebrate this by giving our differentiated Steering & Suspension products distinctive, new packaging. From now on, you’ll be able to recognize them instantly in their bright new packaging."

Sounds Good - then again, I don't expect them to state - We are always looking to reduce production costs while increasing profit

if i had just received the Arms without the Bushes i'd have less concern r.e quality....... only one way to find out if they are any Good or not i suppose

I'll be the first to say - "you get what you pay for" - that said i've had some really Good bargains in the past (brand New Cylinder Head with Valves for £250 for instance... i think it was actually a wee bit less) I don't look to source the "cheapest" parts - EuroCarParts have these Moog Arms with RRP stated as £212 a side......really?.....

time will tell

r.e the Meyle Bushes - "we take pride in our MEYLE parts, which are "ENGINEERED AND QUALITY APPROVED IN GERMANY".

"Production is carried out at our own plants in Turkey as well as at the facilities of selected partners in an international network."

so NOT made in Germany then.

Paul.
Old 6th January 2020, 15:52   #63
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

I thought I read somewhere that TRW arms were "recommended"

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2020, 18:17   #64
Sheraton
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 1.8t

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
I thought I read somewhere that TRW arms were "recommended"

macafee2

Aye - Good price for these at MisterAutoUK on ebay too

Along with Monroe and Delphi.....and of course Moog

My ideal choice would have been the Delphi Arms - However I had no control of the budget (the parts were a gift ) it may have only cost another £40 or so (all in) ..... it's £40 I don't have at the minute tho.

anyone looking for these parts should maybe(?) check out mister-auto-uk on ebay - £71(per side) for the Delphi Arms, £66 for TRW, £108 for Monroe.

r.e the Moog parts - these caught my attention when i first seen them for around £130 per side .......... the Name caught my eye...lol - "Moog" to my mind is a Quality Brand - albeit Quality Analogue Synthesizers (a different company obviously)

Paul.
Old 6th January 2020, 18:35   #65
dattrike
Posted a thing or two

V6 2ltr auto in copperleaf +CDTI Auto in Royal Blue on loan to Son

"Moog" to my mind is a Quality Brand - albeit Quality Analogue Synthesizers 😎 (a different company obviously)

Also an aerospace company in Tewkesbury (American owned) that I worked for for 20 years. They do aircraft control systems, and Formula 1 stuff amongst othwr things.
Old 7th January 2020, 15:39   #66
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
They should be quality lower wishbone arms, do let us know how they perform over time, even better at a great price from looking on their site.

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/trw/2201803

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/trw/2201802
The bushes have to be bought separately.

£40.00 a pair.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2020, 22:28   #67
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
The bushes have to be bought separately.

£40.00 a pair.
I fitted TRW arms from Autodoc to my wife's car last year, and I'm totally delighted with them.

I also reused the rear bushes I'd fitted five years previously, Unipart, which came off the original arms without any fuss or drama, and were absolutely perfect

So if the MEYLE bushes look to be the same as the Unipart/Firstline/Borg and Beck variant, and are £40 a pair, then I suggest they are a good investment

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2020, 02:54   #68
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

I still haven't gotten around to fitting the arms and bushings I bought from DMGRS months ago as I have been sidetracked rebuilding the gearbox on my MGF. It's on it's way back into the car now so I hope to get to it in a few weeks.
I'm a bit annoyed that the new R/H arm doesn't have the mount for the headlight leveller arm to attach. It will take a bit of messing around to sort that out.
I'm not much looking forward to the job....My poor aching back!
Old 8th January 2020, 11:38   #69
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

Same here bought some months ago, and still trying to resolve an issue with them ?

Am I right in saying your new arms have the Longer ( non prefered slots) ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich in Vancouver View Post
I still haven't gotten around to fitting the arms and bushings I bought from DMGRS months ago as I have been sidetracked rebuilding the gearbox on my MGF. It's on it's way back into the car now so I hope to get to it in a few weeks.
I'm a bit annoyed that the new R/H arm doesn't have the mount for the headlight leveller arm to attach. It will take a bit of messing around to sort that out.
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

Last edited by ceedy; 8th January 2020 at 13:42..
ceedy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2020, 21:47   #70
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich in Vancouver View Post
I hope you have a pit to work in or you are going to finish your back off completely.---Those bush bolts are TIGHT.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote