Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 24th June 2016, 13:22   #941
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grivas View Post
You are absolutely correct in saying that, unfortunately the average member of the public wouldn't understand the very concept of political reasoning let alone applying it to rational decision making, as a result we now enter an area of chaos, financial instability, insecurity as well as becoming a country of inward-thinking, xenophobic, isolated and sad individuals, to top it all we are likely to have political and economic isolation.
The whole thing is a disaster in the making, and ironically, the very section of the public who voted the Uk out, thiese are the people who will most loose out, they just don't know it, yet.
There you have it, a catastrophy in the making.
However, on the other hand, immigration will be better able to be controlled, there will be less free loaders on our welfare systems, our finances will be entirely in our control, we will only have to support our country financially, rather than the soon to be - half the western world. We will also have full control of our own armed forces. We will have our valuable fishing grounds back and we will not be paying to have an ill thought out green energy policy. The UK's transport industry will no longer have to complete on an unlevel playing field. There will be many more of the lower paid jobs available for the youngsters.

Think positive

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
Old 24th June 2016, 13:23   #942
bobthebuilder
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hog View Post
As net exporters to the UK it would be at best naive for the remaining EU members (and that's Germany and France because the satellites do as they're told) to attempt to "punish" Britain through harsh trade agreements.
44% of our trade is exports to the EU, 8% of EU trade is exports to the UK. They can take the hit. Plus, the money countries pay to join the EU can be considered the entry fee to the common market, there is no way the EU will let us trade for free whilst all the other EU countries have to pay.

Morgan Stanley moving 2000 jobs out of London abroad already.

Everything that 'Project Fear' predicted would happen is happening, and there are people who voted Out calling in to radio phones ins saying 'oh, I never realised that would happen'.
Old 24th June 2016, 13:26   #943
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguy View Post
Exactly. The trade agreements are a two way street. We can drive Japanese cars and use Farm Produce and wines from around the world.
We can impose tariffs too if we desire.
I think the sabre rattling (or throwing toys from the pram) will soon abate.
Quite right, the threats were just intended to frighten us to vote stay...

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Old 24th June 2016, 13:35   #944
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
Now watch as the EU disintegrates
I think it is and always was inevitable.
All that a few other EU countries have been waiting for is for someone to make the first move.
Far better now to be out of it instead of being one of the last hangers-on of a failed system

Russ
Which was one of the reasons I voted OUT. It was fine originally with the select few in the CM, they just got too big for their boots and now comes the fall - hopefully without us being a part of their disaster.

Old 24th June 2016, 13:37   #945
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

Interesting isn't it?

Remainers (Scotland included) said stay with those you export most to, is that why Nicola Sturgeon wants to leave the group that takes 90% of Scotland's exports, ENGLAND?

Thank you for finishing the remaining Royal Navy ships, don't expect any more orders.
Old 24th June 2016, 13:39   #946
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

I was more than happy to have helped in a small way to set things straight again

Old 24th June 2016, 13:49   #947
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Gawd, there’s some Jeremiahs about. What mean spirited, miserable, glass-half-empty moaners there are! Some of them would find rust in a rainbow! If you can’t get invited to a party just be sick on the carpet.

Close the thread? Definitely not! Just look at the number of posts and work out the popularity. Or get a sheriff’s badge and earn the right! It’s fair to say the interest produced by this thread has resulted in some long term members posting for the first time in years! It’s done more good for dormant members than a dose of syrup of figs! Or is that too 1950’s?
Old 24th June 2016, 13:55   #948
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

LOL Fox news on the ball....UK to leave the UN

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Old 24th June 2016, 13:55   #949
chipsceola
This is my second home

Jaguar XF 3.0D

Carnival Cruises (Cunard - P&O) are moving their headquarters to Hamburg, Germany as of September 2016, nothing about changing home port as yet, just office jobs to be exported to EU, how many others already have similar as yet unannounced plans.

Is that a consequence of the 'out vote' doubtful and whether or not it's related, the potential job losses will be many times less than when Ford exported the Transit van production line, with cash provided by the EU.

Old 24th June 2016, 13:56   #950
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Gawd, there’s some Jeremiahs about. What mean spirited, miserable, glass-half-empty moaners there are! Some of them would find rust in a rainbow! If you can’t get invited to a party just be sick on the carpet.

Close the thread? Definitely not! Just look at the number of posts and work out the popularity. Or get a sheriff’s badge and earn the right! It’s fair to say the interest produced by this thread has resulted in some long term members posting for the first time in years! It’s done more good for dormant members than a dose of syrup of figs! Or is that too 1950’s?
I suspect that a few of the oldies who voted out will be dead by the time the long term benefits are realised.
Closed Thread