Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th April 2016, 09:29   #1
TheStagOwner

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Coolant Leak 2.5i V6 (2000)

Hi, As a new forum member I'm hoping somebody can help with advice? I have recently acquired a very nice 2.5i V6 Rover 75 year: 2000.

After a trip to London recently we had an overheating incident due to the failure of the large resister in front of the radiator. This caused the thermostat to fail as well due to the plastic housing warping.

As I run a VAG repair garage the Rover was relayed back to my workshop and the thermostat housing, temp sensor, expansion tank cap, induction manifold gaskets were all replaced also the fan unit was tested and the failed resister replaced. Everything since has been fine.

Recently the washer bottle pump seal failed and whilst repairing the leak I noticed a small coolant leak with drips collecting on the sump. I have had the engine running whilst on the ramp and after about 10 x minutes a small leak can be seen travelling straight down next to the R/Hand gearbox cooler mounting (if looking at the engine towards the back of the car). I have checked all the pipe connections and cannot find a leak anywhere. I can't see anything directly above this area apart from the block drain bolt that does not appear to be leaking. Can anyone help. Thanks in advance. Regards Andrew The Stag Owner.
TheStagOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2016, 12:21   #2
chipsceola
This is my second home

Jaguar XF 3.0D

may help if you ask mods to move to technical forum rather than here in Technology for better coverage.

chipsceola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2016, 15:48   #3
TheStagOwner

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Coolant Leak 2.5i V6 (2000)

Thanks Chips,
I have posted again in the general forum. Thanks for the heads up. Regards, Andrew the Stag owner
TheStagOwner is offline   Reply With Quote