Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st April 2016, 09:51   #1
chipsceola
This is my second home

Jaguar XF 3.0D

Lightbulb Vauxhall ahead of the game

After a multi-billion pound investment and several years of highly secretive research and development we are delighted to finally announce the world’s first full-size production kinetic car.

The ADAM C is powered by a state-of-the-art kinetic mechanism that’s actually not too dissimilar to those found in children’s clockwork toys.

Although on the surface it boasts the same flair and sleek styling as its more conventional counterpart, inside we’ve ditched the engine, fuel tank and battery and replaced them with simple, yet innovative wind-up technology that propels the vehicle.

The result? Zero running costs and a green fleet for you. All without damaging pe

It’s as simple as just winding it up. All you need is manpower. Just fifteen minutes fully powers the vehicle and connects everything from the acceleration to six-speaker sound system.

And because the new model boasts an operating range of up to 125 miles on one full wind-up, it’s as perfect for city driving, as it is for cranking up the longer journeys.

In terms of efficiency and sustainability it’s a no brainer.

What’s more, when you run out of juice, you won’t need to waste time looking for somewhere to refuel. Simply jump out and wind the car up. Wherever you are. Perfect in this age of instant gratification.

Better still, for the health and fitness fans among us, winding the clockwork mechanism burns serious calories. The rotating motion offers an incredible cardio and strength workout. By exercising your chest, shoulders, arms and core muscles, a 145-lb person can expect to burn over 400 calories in just fifteen minutes of winding.

And if you want to feel the adrenaline boost that comes from really pushing yourself, you can add burpees as you go. Which is what we at Vauxhall like to call ‘the clincher’.

When the fifteen minutes are up, a buzzer sounds and a voice announces: “End of wind-up!”

The game-changing technology stands to revolutionise the way we drive, says Mick Cannical, Vauxhall’s Chief Kinetics Engineer.

“We’ve paved the way towards a future of wind-ups. Improving the customer experience is a priority to us and given that the average Brit drives less than 35 miles every day, we estimate the model will appeal to over two-thirds of the population. We expect the growth to be exponential.”

Anna Logg, who heads up the UK Government task force to help industry develop new and environmentally friendly transport solutions said:

“Escalating fuel costs are no laughing matter. As such, we’re throwing our full weight behind the wind-up and will be considering subsidies and tax breaks for early adopters.”

Paul Adler, Fleet Marketing Manager said:

“When my team told me we were ready to go to market with something set to revolutionise modern car propulsion methods, I thought I was being wound up. They told me I’d be a fool not to see the benefits...”

Images shown are for wind-up purposes only.

† = Terms and conditions apply. All vehicles subject to availability.

This email has been sent from General Motors UK Limited, Registered in England 135767 Registered Office: Griffin House UK1 101 135, Osborne Road, Luton, Beds, LU1 3YT. VAT Number 382 3240 67.

We are committed to your privacy (click here for our legal notice and privacy policy) – you can remove your details at any time.
<click here> To unsubscribe

chipsceola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2016, 10:07   #2
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Cannot see any images, or is that part of the wind up.

233,320. New rear tyres on order for BBB.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2016, 10:31   #3
Si-monogram
Banned

MG ZTT TYPHOON 180, PPD 75 CDTI 160, METRO 1.3 A+, ABARTH TURISMO 595, MG ZS V6, 75 duotone tourer

Joking aside, I've driven the 'adam' and I can safely say it's a BOS. I was a trade plate driver for bca and I got to drive some top end cars like Astons, amg's etc etc, unfortunately we had a mobility contract aswell so I had to drive some very poor cars, the adam being one of them.
Si-monogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2016, 15:01   #4
neilb740
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 1.8

very good "wind up"

The Williams F1 team did actually do a lot of research into kinetic energy storage and flywheel technology before the current hybrid regs were agreed on.
Apparently they were getting some encouraging results!
neilb740 is offline   Reply With Quote