Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th August 2018, 18:23   #1
75v6russ
Regular poster

75 saloon

Default mot.......failed again

i had the expansion split on the last mot ,,,,now done airbag light on now done pass sensor fried,had the paddling pool effect,sunroof drains
complete exhaust,frt and rear discs and pads traction control unit from a bmw modified,frt shocks and springs arms and bushes two new front tyres and both frt drop links.my car failed on all this last year drove it home and then slowly repaired all on the list now they say ns drop link ingress blah blah and both rear links blah blah i dont get it the car hasnt moved and its the same mot station have ordered all and will get re mot"d friday are the rear links a nightmare?
any advise or help please
russ
75v6russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2018, 20:07   #2
Best_of_British
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer & Arden Green Project

Rear droplinks are not too bad, if original a bit of penetrating fluid and a decent 6 sided socket will shift then, can't remember the size, could be 15mm and 17mm. At least they are big enough and not like the 10mm ARB chocolate bolts.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk
Best_of_British is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2018, 20:45   #3
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best_of_British View Post
Rear droplinks are not too bad, if original a bit of penetrating fluid and a decent 6 sided socket will shift then, can't remember the size, could be 15mm and 17mm. At least they are big enough and not like the 10mm ARB chocolate bolts.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

Yes 15mm socket to remove the drop links, and you are correct, the bolts that hold the ARB brackets on are horrible, plenty of penetrating fluid a couple of days before you tackle the job.
trikey is offline   Reply With Quote