Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st March 2019, 11:45   #11
Kev75
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Hi there, Nice looking bike. Is the headlight fitted properly it looks as if the rim is loose in the last picture?

Kev
Kev75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2019, 14:04   #12
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdude666 View Post
They still had the gears and brakes the old British way round back then didn't they? My Father in law had an early 00's Bullet, that still had an amal carb, drum brakes front and back, and I'm sure he said that had the gears on the right and brake on the left.
I "think" it was a 350 Bullet, my local dealer was one of the first Indian Enfield dealers in the UK. I only had it for a day, it was the demo bike and I got it while my own was being serviced. My opinion was slightly tainted by the fact they didn't mention there was no fuel in it and I ran out It was a bit "agricultural", I'd imagine they're a bit more refined now. Didn't put me off "British" bikes, went on to own a 1972 750 Commando.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2019, 19:29   #13
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev75 View Post
Hi there, Nice looking bike. Is the headlight fitted properly it looks as if the rim is loose in the last picture?

Kev
Yea, I panicked a bit when I noticed that after getting it home the first day, but on closer inspection it's actually just a screw that adjusts the angle of the headlight within the housing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
I "think" it was a 350 Bullet, my local dealer was one of the first Indian Enfield dealers in the UK. I only had it for a day, it was the demo bike and I got it while my own was being serviced. My opinion was slightly tainted by the fact they didn't mention there was no fuel in it and I ran out It was a bit "agricultural", I'd imagine they're a bit more refined now. Didn't put me off "British" bikes, went on to own a 1972 750 Commando.
Ah right, yea that would taint it a bit! I had a sportster which was very agricultural in the clutch and gearbox department. Then the Buell isn't much better. I'd also been warned of vibration on the Enfield, but again, coming off an 883 and 1200 V-twin, it's nothing in comparison!

My dad had a flat tyre last weekend and was impressed by the quick release rear wheel on his Enfield, no need to disconnect the rear brake, or realigning of the chain when refitting! You can tell they're made for a market where they fix them at the side of the road, the tool kit includes tyre levers and 2 of each spanner, and he bought his brand new so it came with a box containing spare cables, inner tubes and tins of touch up paint!
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2019, 11:10   #14
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdude666 View Post
I'd also been warned of vibration on the Enfield,
One of my workmates, older guy, was very knowledgeable about Brit bikes. When I told him I'd got a Norton he said "tell me its not a Dominator!" I asked why, his response was that they were like riding a pneumatic drill

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote