Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th July 2014, 09:17   #21
cabs

mg ztt

I have managed to get it started by taking the connectors out of the fuse box then reconnecting them! So thanks Frank Incensed and marinabrian for the suggestion.

Seancar I have emailed you about getting a T4 diagnostic done just in case.

Thank you everyone for the help and advice.
cabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2014, 11:50   #22
RUSSELLO
Regular poster

ROVER 75 TOURER OWNED FROM NEW

Default CDTi Non Start

Hi, during the winter storms I paid the price for not checking and clearing the drain hole in the N/S Plenum. I was very very lucky the ECU whilst wet survived. However it would not start after reassembly, I turned my attention to the cold start relay which lives in the same box which took a few seconds to drain of some very rusty water, I opened it out of curiosity and discovered it was absolutely wrecked. It is a BMW part and has both a BOSCH or SIEMENS [cant remember which] part numbers on plus the BMW part no. From memory it cost approx £60.00 from a BMW dealer it took a few seconds to fit. Before reinstalling the ECU [which obviously needs to be connected as well] and it's attendant box I tried starting her, she fired first time and hasn't missed a beat since.

The most fiddly bit I found is working the securing clips for the looms which connect to the ECU, that said it still isn't a difficult job.

Russ
RUSSELLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2014, 15:23   #23
FrenchMike
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSELLO View Post
Hi, during the winter storms I paid the price for not checking and clearing the drain hole in the N/S Plenum. I was very very lucky the ECU whilst wet survived. However it would not start after reassembly, I turned my attention to the cold start relay which lives in the same box which took a few seconds to drain of some very rusty water, I opened it out of curiosity and discovered it was absolutely wrecked. It is a BMW part and has both a BOSCH or SIEMENS [cant remember which] part numbers on plus the BMW part no. From memory it cost approx £60.00 from a BMW dealer it took a few seconds to fit. Before reinstalling the ECU [which obviously needs to be connected as well] and it's attendant box I tried starting her, she fired first time and hasn't missed a beat since.

The most fiddly bit I found is working the securing clips for the looms which connect to the ECU, that said it still isn't a difficult job.

Russ
Happy for you ,but this thing is perfectly useless in our countries.
I guess disconnecting it is possible .

Mike
FrenchMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2014, 14:34   #24
cabs

mg ztt

Just a quick update.

Seancar kindly ran a T4 diagnostic that did not show up anything significantly wrong, he then did a quick leakback check on the injectors and diagnosed 2 suspect injectors.

I have now done a proper leakback check on all the injectors and found No.3 the worse, I replaced it with one from Seancar and it starts a lot better than it did. I will probably need 4 new injectors some time soon.

Thanks to Seancar for running the T4 diagnostics and thanks to everyone who took the time to reply with help and suggestions.

cabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2019, 08:31   #25
Pecker1968

Mgzt

Smile

Hi does anyone have a phone number for seancar bexhill plz
Pecker1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2019, 12:41   #26
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Incensed View Post
Mine had all these symptoms in January (except mine wouldn't run at all with Easy Start). Even a T4 session from Big Russ showed up nothing. By complete chance, just before giving up, Russ found it to be a bad connection to the bottom of the fuse box, situated just in front of the battery.
My advice is, take off the fuse box (2 screws, a bolt, a positive wire and 7 plugs) clean all the connections and re-assemble). 20 minute job. If someone had given me that advice on New Years Day it would have saved me £400 in garage bills and car hire. I hope it works for you. Good luck.
Just an investigative question. Do you have a undertray fitted to your car?
Old 22nd March 2019, 12:46   #27
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecker1968 View Post
Hi does anyone have a phone number for seancar bexhill plz
He is no longer in Bexhill last I heard he is in Wales ?

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2019, 16:06   #28
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
He is no longer in Bexhill last I heard he is in Wales ?
Hi Steve,

Yeah you’re correct Sean moved from Bexhill then to Wales and since then he’s given up the MGR scene, most recently he had a bit of a falling out I think with Tom Force who scrapped a ZT 190 that had something to do with him, I could be wrong but I think the car was given to him to cover a debt but Tom force had it scrapped or something like that.
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote