Old 9th September 2014, 22:17   #331
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
I've already started
So THATS what that digger in your drive was for ....DOH ..
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2014, 22:36   #332
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

Yup........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg oldest trick.jpg (11.7 KB, 16 views)
Old 9th September 2014, 22:46   #333
fencer75
Avid contributor

R75 Cdt Contemporary se Tourer

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post
its not about individuals , its a vote for independence.

Any party could win the first election in an idependent Scotland.

Forget Salmond.

He is just the current first minister.
After the 2nd world war the first thing the British public did was to kick Winston Churchill out .

Its not about personalities.
That may well be your opinion, but, over in England, there appears to be a general feeling that Salmond speaks for all Scots who desire the breakup of the UK.....and as your first minister would become the de facto president ?......it also would appear that it perfectly acceptable to criticise the various leaders of labour , conservative and lib dems....therefore rather difficult to keep individual personalities out of a debate that not only effects todays generation but future generations both sides of , at the moment, a border of minds , not a physical border of seperate countries.
A border I hope will never come to fruition.....our two peoples are and always will be stronger together not apart......
fencer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2014, 22:49   #334
Astraeus
Regional Secretary North Scotland

MG ZS Exclusive 1.0T Auto 2022

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,058 Posts
Angry What a cheek!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikelsh View Post
I do think, sadly, the vote will be Yes, the bit I am not looking forward to is the messy divorce that will follow.

I have a feeling us soft as **** UK tax payers will end up giving too much away when we should be going, OK get yourselves off and establish your own infrastructure, or pay the UK government the cost of separating the existing infrastructures.
Get over yourself. It is exactly rubbish like this that over the last few weeks has changed me from a no to a yes. They are our assets too. At present jointly owned by all of us. The four countries that make up the UK
None belongs to you. It belongs to all of us. Can't you see that? Are you really so deluded by the rubbish that is being spouted that we don't own any of it?
Today I have put up with these ' three stooges' as so well put saying stuff like the following
' by St Andrew's day we will...
By Burns night we will...
Do they honestly think that sort of sound bite - at this late stage will help?
Can you not see the incredible harm that has been done by these muppets.
I no longer want to be governed by any of them. At least our own muppets will be looking out for us. Putting us first not just all of a sudden -when it dawns on them they might just lose.
I have always looked upon myself as British because I believed that we were all together. We all shared what we owned. Clearly not something you believe.
It is our infrastructure too. Not just yours. Don't you get any of this? Do you really believe that it is all owned by you and we only get to use it? That is what you are saying. ''Us' UK tax payers includes me. Bar one month and four years when at Uni I have paid tax every day since I left school. That is every day!
The stuff belongs to me just as much as it does to you. If we separate ( and it is still a big if) there will be a division of assets. That is the way it should be.
I have remained mostly placid through all this but frankly this has made my blood boil.
Go on...make it clear. You believe that all the stuff is yours....or you accept that a fair proportion of it will belong to Scotland if we vote yes.
Make your position clear...
Unbelievable!
Astraeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2014, 22:52   #335
doopydug
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

I, too, am turning from No to YES - its all starting to make sense - well said, Chris
doopydug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2014, 22:58   #336
FLYER
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by doopydug View Post
I, too, am turning from No to YES - its all starting to make sense - well said, Chris
................holy wosname....
Old 9th September 2014, 23:05   #337
FLYER
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fencer75 View Post
That may well be your opinion, but, over in England, there appears to be a general feeling that Salmond speaks for all Scots who desire the breakup of the UK.....and as your first minister would become the de facto president ?......it also would appear that it perfectly acceptable to criticise the various leaders of labour , conservative and lib dems....therefore rather difficult to keep individual personalities out of a debate that not only effects todays generation but future generations both sides of , at the moment, a border of minds , not a physical border of seperate countries.
A border I hope will never come to fruition.....our two peoples are and always will be stronger together not apart......
Salmond does,nt speak for me .

He has brought us Scots to this point through sheer perseverence but he is no statesman in my book.

He does,nt deserve the name calling and bad press however.
Old 9th September 2014, 23:08   #338
Astraeus
Regional Secretary North Scotland

MG ZS Exclusive 1.0T Auto 2022

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,058 Posts
Default Don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by doopydug View Post
Exactly mate. How can people think that it all belongs to them and we should go away and pay for all our own stuff. Is he for real?
Did you hear that guff today? By St Andrew's Day...blah blah
What a piece of patronising rubbish.
I am not voting for Salmond. I am voting for our future. There will be many different First Ministers. The bad Alex stuff is a complete red herring.
My mind is now made up. Changed in fact.

Big yes from me. That is quite a change but I have personally had it.
Yes, we will face some difficult challenges if Yes. However folks, let us not kid ourselves on we will all be facing 90% of these challenges whether together or not. Increased pensions, increased health costs, budget pressures terrorism, rising Social Security bills. No different, we are going to face it anyway. Difference being we would have control of our own priorities. Take the magnificent 'bedroom tax' That was very well thought out wasn't it? Our devolved budgets picking up the tab for that one! Would a Scottish Government have done that. No chance.
Off to take my blood pressure tablets....which by the way are free. One of our priorities
Chris
Astraeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2014, 23:14   #339
FLYER
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraeus View Post
Exactly mate. How can people think that it all belongs to them and we should go away and pay for all our own stuff. Is he for real?
Did you hear that guff today? By St Andrew's Day...blah blah
What a piece of patronising rubbish.
I am not voting for Salmond. I am voting for our future. There will be many different First Ministers. The bad Alex stuff is a complete red herring.
My mind is now made up. Changed in fact.

Big yes from me. That is quite a change but I have personally had it.
Yes, we will face some difficult challenges if Yes. However folks, let us not kid ourselves on we will all be facing 90% of these challenges whether together or not. Increased pensions, increased health costs, budget pressures terrorism, rising Social Security bills. No different, we are going to face it anyway. Difference being we would have control of our own priorities. Take the magnificent 'bedroom tax' That was very well thought out wasn't it? Our devolved budgets picking up the tab for that one! Would a Scottish Government have done that. No chance.
Off to take my blood pressure tablets....which by the way are free. One of our priorities
Chris
down boy .......
Old 9th September 2014, 23:41   #340
fencer75
Avid contributor

R75 Cdt Contemporary se Tourer

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post
Salmond does,nt speak for me .

He has brought us Scots to this point through sheer perseverence but he is no statesman in my book.

He does,nt deserve the name calling and bad press however.
I actually dont "name call " him but he does have a tendency to shout his views....yes over this ridicolous border he does get a bad press....
If the result is the break up of the UK...which as you realise l hope not....l agree that why the offers on the table now could not have been available years ago.....but l am only a Rover driver...will there be a new Scottish constitition , a new election.....ergo a new overall leader....????

Alot to think about.....not just money....or infrastructure....or defence....or.....or....or....

Rather you than me.....just hope you al get it right or as right as you can.....for future generations sake....best of luck....

D
fencer75 is offline   Reply With Quote