Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 8th December 2006, 17:39   #11
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Quote:
Originally Posted by apywell View Post
I was having a nosey through the 'other' forum the other night and noticed some talk about having a meet for a weekend while everyone fixes their 75s. Not sure if this was you Keith or was it someone else. There was talk of camping and all sorts. This would be a great idea for the likes of me...

Anyhow, there's my story so far.....

Oh, just remembered that I am visiting a friend in Shropshire on the 20th Dec. Is this any good for having a look with Testbook?
Yep thats me, It will be next summer if I have one here as my field is too muddy for caravans before mid June

I will be around on the 20th afaik so pm me nearer the time. The testbook is not mine and may have been collected my Mr Lates before then though.
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2006, 17:50   #12
Lates
This is my second home

Jaguar XE

Mr Keith howare you mate ?

Mr Clives T4 is dead so I may be over quicker than I anticipated. Omitec will sell him a new lappy loaded up with OS for £1k !!!!!! He told them to shove it as its only just over a year old and bought a new lappy.Guided from a n other buddy he can still use it as a lappy and a T4. This is the problem he has now all hooked up to a vehicle,T4 doesnt recognise the leads
All this happened when hooked up to a V8 and the first time he used the sat nav software disc it blew his mother board/12volt adaptor to bits. Needless to say he not overly impressed atm especially with Omitec. :guns:
Lates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2006, 20:19   #13
apywell
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon. 2.0 Diesel Auto. Connoisseur SE.

I had thought about the MAF sensor Ron and if you can give me an idea where these sensors are located I can have a look this weekend. A pic of the location would be great if anyone can provide.

I thought it was you Keith who said about the weekend. You can count me in as I think this is a brilliant idea and most generous offer to the members here.

Anyhow, I will pm you over that weekend before to see if you are available with the Testbook.
apywell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2006, 20:59   #14
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lates View Post
Mr Keith howare you mate ?

Mr Clives T4 is dead so I may be over quicker than I anticipated. Omitec will sell him a new lappy loaded up with OS for £1k !!!!!! He told them to shove it as its only just over a year old and bought a new lappy.Guided from a n other buddy he can still use it as a lappy and a T4. This is the problem he has now all hooked up to a vehicle,T4 doesnt recognise the leads
All this happened when hooked up to a V8 and the first time he used the sat nav software disc it blew his mother board/12volt adaptor to bits. Needless to say he not overly impressed atm especially with Omitec. :guns:
The adaptor and or Laptop dying will just be a coincidence if you want to bring it over here I will sort it all out, I have a spare laptop so can use that to get the software working properly, when you say it does not recognise the leads do you mean the red leads etc or the laptop does not recognise the T4 interface via the network cable?
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2006, 21:33   #15
Lates
This is my second home

Jaguar XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
The adaptor and or Laptop dying will just be a coincidence if you want to bring it over here I will sort it all out, I have a spare laptop so can use that to get the software working properly, when you say it does not recognise the leads do you mean the red leads etc or the laptop does not recognise the T4 interface via the network cable?
I believe its a coincidence the adaptor/motherboard has died the second he put in the disc, thats life unfortunately.
As far as I am aware Keith, he has tried to use it on 2 different models which needs two diff coloured leads and neither was recognised. I will find out :
a) if the lap top recognises the interface
b) or is it just the leads

and any other questions you may need to know the answers to.????

Can reset some options on your car at the same time mate
Lates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2006, 22:52   #16
apywell
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon. 2.0 Diesel Auto. Connoisseur SE.

Quote:
Can reset some options on your car at the same time mate
Hey, some fancy software this Testbook......

The uneven running seems to be back with a vengance tonight.....
apywell is offline   Reply With Quote