Closed Thread

Old 13th July 2019, 18:47   #11
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie25
Unless they aired a different version of the interview on BBC - Northern Ireland, then BJ came across to me as totally unsuitable for the role of PM

A survey of 1,703 people showed 39% branded Boris Johnson a buffoon, 31% untrustworthy, 29% self-serving and 26% irresponsible.
YouGov Survey.

Sums it up for me

Well yes, that may be so! But I was talking about the interview with Andrew Neill - the doyen of interviewers in that field with a fearsome reputation. And given AN's antipathy to the man that was a heck of a hurdle to climb.

So, in the survey (where, by the way?) 39% called him a buffoon so most, by a margin of 41%, didn't.

31% thought he was untrustworthy so most, by a margin of 69%, didn't.

And 29% thought he was self-serving so most, by a margin of 71 %, didn't!

Not bad really! He'd be pleased about that! But the reality is those figures are about a very limited survey of people with strong feelings about the subject, and if it was in N. Ireland I imagine a vanishingly small body of supporters. I reckon I'd want a drop more evidence before making my mind up.

I've no idea about the suitability of other jobs but of the only two runners he's miles ahead with odds-on fortunes laid! Hunt came out of that interview as completely hopeless and weak. Did that survey give any verdict on him?

Last edited by wraymond; 13th July 2019 at 18:49..
Old 13th July 2019, 21:26   #12
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie25 View Post
Unless they aired a different version of the interview on BBC - Northern Ireland, then BJ came across to me as totally unsuitable for the role of PM
Choice of two evils I'm afraid - BoJo the Clown or Jeremy Hunt the NHS destroyer?

At least London was safer under BoJo.
Old 13th July 2019, 21:48   #13
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

it's a pity our politicians didn't stand up for our car industry when they had the chance.
Old 13th July 2019, 22:04   #14
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Who was it who mentioned creeps. The ultra saddo is Boris Johnson and how he struggled through the Andrew Neil interview. He hadn’t a clue what paragraph 5C was, who is he kidding.....what a silly goose

Apparently the ultimately reliable authority on this interview is revealed in the latest “The Spectator” and here is the link

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/blogs...drew-neil/amp/

Conservatives please, please don’t thank me for pointing this out
Old 13th July 2019, 22:31   #15
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

I worry about Boris, on the outside he is the bumbling man of the people, but I reckon there is a darker hidden agenda hiding away....
Old 14th July 2019, 11:08   #16
wraymond

75 Auto 2.5 SE

There certainly is. With him you never get either what you want or what you expect. That's his schtik and why he is similar to and gets on well with Trump. Maybe because Trump thinks he is superior and better at it. But there are always people who think they are better and who eventually get reality thrust in their thin lipped mouths.
I read this morning there are many members who have not yet received their ballot papers - can there be a rather large surprise in the offing? The gods help us.
Old 15th July 2019, 15:20   #17
wraymond

75 Auto 2.5 SE

This popped through my letter box on Friday and has reference to more than one matter surrounding this thread. I definitely don’t want to risk any off-colour demands for closure so, if I may plead in advance for reticence, I suggest the link below (for educational purposes) from the sharp end which has, mysteriously, not been published before.

The author is Anthony Browne, Chairman of UK Government Regulatory Policy Committee. He is highly respected and distinguished in these matters, having been at the pointy bit for his entire career and I bet very few have even heard of him.

I want to know why all he says has not been published anywhere, at least to my knowledge. It’s about Johnson and associated matters and might explain what could be at the root of his stance already mentioned in this thread. I stress it is not propaganda, it is factual and provable information delivered in unambiguous language.

'Most popular article no. 2'

/www.spectator.co.uk

Last edited by wraymond; 15th July 2019 at 15:32..
Old 17th July 2019, 22:12   #18
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
Anyone noticed, that Jeremy Hunt often wears on his label, one of the Rover Union Jack metal badges? The badge on the back door quarter panel.

He is wearing one now, in the Andrew Neil Interview BBC1.

Good for him though I hope it's a better representation than the one at the top of the forum main page because that's wrong.----

I wonder who approved it.

The union flag has subtle differences that most folk never see.---
Old 18th July 2019, 06:18   #19
mbev51
Banned

Removed

I cannot see BoJo lasting much into November. He said we will exit on oct31, if we don’t he’s finished. Someone else will then have to have a go. At some point someone will decide another referendum is the only way to resolve this impasse.
Old 18th July 2019, 07:22   #20
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
I cannot see BoJo lasting much into November. He said we will exit on oct31, if we don’t he’s finished. Someone else will then have to have a go. At some point someone will decide another referendum is the only way to resolve this impasse.
And when we get the same result again - will that stop the constant whining and whinging from those who didn’t get the result they wanted? Or will they insist on a third, and then another and another vote until they get the result they DO want.

The vote was taken

The result is in

Accept it.

PLEASE!

The last thing the country needs is to do what the EU has a history of doing whereby they simply keep repeating a vote because they didn’t get the vote they wanted!
Closed Thread