Closed Thread

Old 28th June 2019, 23:10   #61
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by T16 View Post
Not at all, the only people losing their minds are the ones in this thread making things up about me.

I literally said NOTHING about gay people, I commented on transgender pronouns and idiots like the above have just lost it and literally slandered me.

As a scientist and unwavering atheist, I have the same opinion on all religions

They are all as pathetic as the other, but one is certainly responsible for oh, I dunno, hundreds of millions of needless deaths over a fictional fairy tale, yay. Good going humanity.

No, you kicked it off by having a go and stereotyping overweight people as lazy and costing the nhs a fortune.
Old 28th June 2019, 23:18   #62
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Not at all, the only people losing their minds are the ones in this thread making things up about me.

I literally said NOTHING about gay people, I commented on transgender pronouns and idiots like the above have just lost it and literally slandered me.

As a scientist and unwavering atheist, I have the same opinion on all religions

They are all as pathetic as the other, but one is certainly responsible for oh, I dunno, hundreds of millions of needless deaths over a fictional fairy tale, yay. Good going humanity.

Ah here we go... "he was mental, it was nothing to do with the religion honest, honest!!!" LOL, the most intellectually lazy, cliched response ever! Im out, if this is the dreadful standard of "debate" in this thread.

Can a mod please delete all the slander and threats of violence against me please? Either than or I will report the members responsible to the moderators.
Yes, you can report me Ross, and slander is defamation delivered by the spoken word by the way, libel is the written version of defamation.

I am a lapsed Catholic, with a view on religion that borders on indifference, however to tar all Muslim people as terrorists etc is patently incorrect, it's just a kneejerk reaction to fear of the unknown.

My own brother and sister are black by the way, how about that for multiculturalism.........beat that in this particular game of Top Trumps if you can

Brian
Old 28th June 2019, 23:19   #63
AM75

Rover 75 Saloon

Well I think power, empire and fascism are probably most responsible with people using religion for their political ends.

In doing a suicide risk assessment (e.g. in A+E) it is interesting that having a faith is a protective factor.

Also, the basis of many social support frameworks have their origin in religion.

But horses for courses but also good to give the balance on a view.
Old 28th June 2019, 23:21   #64
T16
I really should get out more.......

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

Someone please show me where all muslims have been labeled as terrorists please?

Oh thats right you cant, because you are too stupid to read words.

This thread is done.
Old 28th June 2019, 23:23   #65
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Someone please show me where all muslims have been labeled as terrorists please?

By every right wing facist that displays the same deep seated racism as yourself Ross.

Night night
Old 28th June 2019, 23:24   #66
T16

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

Still waiting for the racism....

Again, made up nonsense by people too thick to even read.
Old 28th June 2019, 23:27   #67
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Go on Trikey, lets hear how LGBT and Islam are compatible and all exist in perfect harmony....

How do you square being gay actually resulting in a death sentence? Can't wait for that one. Im sure you will pull some mental gymnastics to make it all ok and sweep it under the carpet, hey, never mind, its only ~80% of UK Muslims that think being gay is a sin and should be made illegal. Nothing much, nothing to see there!

LOLS.
I think you are referring to Zina, or rather an interpretation of it. Like most religious stories, they are interpreted by those who claim to know or believe. But as far as I recall, Zina is a defined area of the Quran, which leads to the subsequent reaction/behaviour you are alluding to. A bit like a law. A law like ours that needs to be proven to have been broken by witnesses (I dont know how many it describes). But this Zina, does not just apply to homosexuality (male - as I dont believe female homosexuality was believed possible at the time of writing of the Quran), but to all illicit fornication, eg adultery. And as same se x marriage was not known to have been performed, any se xual activity would have been illicit betwixt those of the same gender, just as it would be to those who were not married or with an animal, or perhaps even a fruit or maybe an apple pie? (go on, when you saw the film, you tried it! )

I believe it is this 'law' that has been interpreted and adopted to whichever version of Islam the believer feels fits with their lifestyle (and there is more than one, just as there is more than one version of almost all religions, and religious stories!). But then, I could also be wrong on this, and would happily listen to a theologian to explain it further.

The post where you asked about the compatibility of Islam and LGBT, has been answered throughout the globe (there are LGBT friendly/accepting mosques!). That was just one instance of your own ignorance. The one that surprised me though was post 11, your first ignorant post (on this thread). I always thought you had a little bit of intelligence to know how ignorant that post was. I guess my credit of you has been misplaced.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
Old 28th June 2019, 23:29   #68
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:

Oh thats right you cant, because you are too stupid to read words.

This thread is done.
Not at all Ross, you showed your ignorance when you made your glib comment about fat people being lazy and good for nothing, then not content with that you then upped the ante of ridiculing trangendered individuals distress at being addressed by the incorrect pronouns, and then started ranting on about emasculated snowflakes, and then moved onto the subject of religion????

I have a pretty good idea of what I am as an individual, do you?.........the one thing I'm not is a frightened little boy

Brian
Old 28th June 2019, 23:30   #69
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:

As a scientist and unwavering atheist,
as a scientist, you surely cannot be an atheist? Can you prove that a god (or many gods) do not exist?

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
Old 28th June 2019, 23:37   #70
T16

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post

The post where you asked about the compatibility of Islam and LGBT, has been answered throughout the globe (there are LGBT friendly/accepting mosques!). That was just one instance of your own ignorance. The one that surprised me though was post 11, your first ignorant post (on this thread). I always thought you had a little bit of intelligence to know how ignorant that post was. I guess my credit of you has been misplaced.

Sorry you are showing your ignorance here, and its a little embarrassing, all I am doing is presenting facts, and you dont seem to be able to comprehend reality.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ity-sharia-law

This left wing poll says 52%.

Still waiting for the evidence that obesity is cheaper for the NHS.. oh thats right, its not.... "Annual spend on the treatment of obesity and diabetes is greater than the amount spent on the police, the fire service and the judicial system combined"

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...environment--2

But thats fine, stuffing your gob because you are too weak to regulate what you put in your OWN mouth is to be CELEBRATED, YAY! FAT PRIDE YAY!
Closed Thread