Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th June 2019, 17:38   #9741
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Checked the front end round prior to MOT next month. Touched up the underbody paintwork and wax. Not many miles since last year so just paint and underseal needed so far, everything else looks good. New brakes and suspension parts done last year. Start on the rear wheels and suspension next.
Old 24th June 2019, 19:38   #9742
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Looked at it........very dirty indeed...ugh!, so I took the dog for a walk, sitting down now with a cup of coffee, listening to Hazel O'Connor and now contemplating cutting the grass before heading out on an indeterminate run to test the one made from two ECM set I coded to the car yesterday.

I loved the way whoever has been playing with this "set" had included a completely U/S Freelander ECM that had been butchered and bodged so much, that I decided it would be suitable as a donor for parts, rather than a viable repair, so I's donated some of it's vital organs, and I now have a starting and running set.

Hopefully this will make the owner of the car It originated from happy, and the fault finding the work of the previous "expert" attempts at a fix a bit easier knowing the brains of the car haven't been given a lobotomy.

Brian

And double hydraulics, I've encountered a HP regulator drive issue with the one from two ECM today........time to get the scope out again

Sometimes the seemingly easy option is far from it........shame I managed to clock up 150 miles fault free, and the damned thing played up on my way home from seeing bigD last evening.

Ho hum
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2019, 19:57   #9743
Brunty
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Fitted new wiper blades to Moonstone, been in the boot for over a year. Then had a set of union alloys collected for refurb, will be going onto Copperleaf next week.
Brunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2019, 18:04   #9744
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

HP regulator drive circuit repaired on diesel ECM, unit back on test, and the other ECM that was on test returned to virgin state.

These things are sent to try us

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2019, 19:36   #9745
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

May have cured my leaking rear windscreen.
Opened boot,raised up the lower edge of rubber seal on window,gave it a good soaking of wd40 great amount of muck washed out. Then squeezed in some Captain Tolleys sealant,around window clips.Done three times at intervals.Left for two days. Gave car a long shower of water from hose,no signs of dripping.
Fingers crossed.
3,021 of 4,744 Connie SE
239 of 1.685 Platinum Gold.
"Maralyn": Platinum Blonde,Troublesome,Unpredictable.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2019, 21:45   #9746
Pueblo_Boy
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
Would it really be less hassle buying the cheap (and it is cheap at £12) diagnostic connector box you have linked to, that has goodness knows what inside it, from a seller who also sells kids fancy dress and vape machines - which looks like a chinese warehouse to me? (that I believe you might still need to solder) It also has round pins which are known to damage the OBD port.

If you get one of the cheaper cables that has been recommended for use with TOAF, the two pins, only need a 'dollop' of solder onto them. (I am useless at soldering, and was trying to solder a little wire to the pins. Used too much solder and it fell neatly and very nicely between the pins lol - it has worked on the four or five times I have used it). It really is easy to do.

Looking at the pins, if you didnt want to solder, I think the jumpers that used to be used on old hard drives would work just as well (or even a spade crimp terminal)
Thanks for the jumpers idea. I don't know however why you think the pins are round, they look flattened to me. I was just looking for a solution that didn't need me to buy a soldering iron, so perhaps the jumpers will do the trick.
Interior Trim Sports PPH Black, but now with real walnut wooden trim!
One of only 20 on the road!
Pueblo_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2019, 23:38   #9747
bigdaddystew
Avid contributor

ROVER 75 DIESEL CONTEMPORARY SE CDTI AUTOMATIC

Anyone interested in a diagnostic lead to work with TOAF this is the one I bought a couple of years ago and works well without any adaptation..stew
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KKL-USB-F...8AAOSwHaBWkgj6
bigdaddystew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2019, 13:20   #9748
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

Drove it.
Old 3rd July 2019, 13:37   #9749
GazYorkshire
Loves to post

MG ZT

Finally got chance to replace the broken O/S foglight that I used as a bargaining tool when I bought the car. Thanks to someone trying previously and rounding the two bottom mounting screws off, had to remove the bumper to do it, which was actually a bonus as it made replacing the headlight bulbs much easier than going through the inner arch.
Old 3rd July 2019, 16:55   #9750
smudge.g
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDTi Connie SE

I was led to believe that you can remove the cooling fan blades on a Mk1 by just removing the grill and maybe lower mesh but this simply wasnt possible on mine for some reason, not enough room to manoeuvre it out. So bumper had to come off, followed by the crash bar. Replacing the blades was very simple and now my car has a properly working fan for the first times in yonks!
I also didnt release just much damage had been done when I hit a small deer recently. The bumper really needs replacing but that will have to wait.
My 75 Tourer CDTi was born Saturday, 21st June 2003 @ 09:50

My 75 was the 18,749th 75 Tourer to run off the production line, out of 27,407
It was the 195th 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 2,074
and the 1,789th 75 Tourer in Wedgewood Blue Metallic (code: JEL) to be made out of 1,871 Wedgewood Blue Metallic 75 Tourers
smudge.g is offline   Reply With Quote