Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 15th April 2020, 11:20   #1
pscan.eu
Regular poster

Peugeot 604/Jag X350

Default source of remote fobs and other questions?

Can anyone recommend a source of remote fobs with bar code for the 75 ZT or does anyone have one lying around?

I have an entire collection of ECUs from a scrap 75 which has been quite useful (I just used it for the EWS3D protocol) and I would like to code a remote fob into it in order to reverse engineer how the T4 does it. The 75/ZT is now the only MG Rover left that I can't code alarm fobs into and I would quite like to fix that.

Also do the alarm fobs have to be unused (like they have to be on the Pektron cars) or can you re-use ones from scrapped cars? I was told that you also need a bar code to go with them which came with the cars when new and occasionally they can be found in the owners manual in cars in scrap yards.
pscan.eu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2020, 11:32   #2
pscan.eu
Regular poster

Peugeot 604/Jag X350

for example would this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264636666506 code into the GM6 body controller with my T4?
Old 15th April 2020, 11:49   #3
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscan.eu View Post
Can anyone recommend a source of remote fobs with bar code for the 75 ZT or does anyone have one lying around?

I have an entire collection of ECUs from a scrap 75 which has been quite useful (I just used it for the EWS3D protocol) and I would like to code a remote fob into it in order to reverse engineer how the T4 does it. The 75/ZT is now the only MG Rover left that I can't code alarm fobs into and I would quite like to fix that.

Also do the alarm fobs have to be unused (like they have to be on the Pektron cars) or can you re-use ones from scrapped cars? I was told that you also need a bar code to go with them which came with the cars when new and occasionally they can be found in the owners manual in cars in scrap yards.
Do you have a remote with the six digit code sticker Phil, I can sort out the barcodes for that if you have one

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2020, 12:28   #4
pscan.eu
Regular poster

Peugeot 604/Jag X350

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Do you have a remote with the six digit code sticker Phil, I can sort out the barcodes for that if you have one

Brian
My pile of ECUs came with one fob which works. That's all I have. I guess I can just get another used one off ebay and get your help with that. On the other hand I would imagine that most people who have lost a key will want to get one of those new clone ones what come with a blade and everything so maybe I should try that.
Old 15th April 2020, 12:36   #5
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscan.eu View Post
My pile of ECUs came with one fob which works. That's all I have. I guess I can just get another used one off ebay and get your help with that. On the other hand I would imagine that most people who have lost a key will want to get one of those new clone ones what come with a blade and everything so maybe I should try that.
Hmm, well you can unpair it from the BCU I suppose, if you let me have the six digit number on the sticker, I'll generate the barcodes for the key you have
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote