Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 18th July 2016, 18:19   #11
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
Here's what you do:
The alternative Animesis is to become a subscribed member of the club and you then get a huge amount of free picture storage provided with compliments.

Simon
Old 18th July 2016, 18:46   #12
Heddy
This is my second home

None

Thanked 1,161 Times in 924 Posts

ABS sensors are blue and on all 4 corners. Brake pad wear sensors are black and on FRONT and REAR DRIVERS side only. Connectors are in this area, close together. The rear brake pad wear sensor is tucked up under the bumper, drivers side.

Last edited by Heddy; 28th October 2021 at 17:11..
Heddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2016, 20:52   #13
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

I believe the OP is trying to locate the point in a main harness where the sensor cable branches. He has to do a complete rewire, more or less. It's not going to be easy I reckon. Needs advice from someone familiar with the wiring harnesses.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2016, 22:15   #14
Heddy
This is my second home

None

Thanked 1,161 Times in 924 Posts

Indeed, I'm guessing the 2 wires for the front sensor will be present beneath the air con pipes. Soldering a plug onto them so a new sensor can be fitted won't be easy. A 'new' plug can be obtained easy enough from a scrappy. Other posts in this thread have got me doubting what I always thought, the brake pad wear sensors are both on the drivers side, front and rear, aren't they?
Heddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2016, 22:52   #15
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
I believe the OP is trying to locate the point in a main harness where the sensor cable branches. He has to do a complete rewire, more or less. It's not going to be easy I reckon. Needs advice from someone familiar with the wiring harnesses.

TC
Hi Cyrano
I too after reading this thread came to the same conclusion, therefore decided to pop outside and take a couple of photo's, the black brake connector and it's wiring enter the main loom just under the top engine mount and below the A/C pipes and to the right of the trinary switch.

I think I may have a section in the shed if so I will take a better look tomorrow, if the wiring as not been removed right up to it entering the loom then he may have a chance to link in to it, in the mean time hopefully the pictures will help the OP. Arctic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SDC16634.jpg (116.7 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg SDC16635.jpg (123.0 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg SDC16632.jpg (125.8 KB, 85 views)

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2016, 05:12   #16
MWMan
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Well pretty much what the others have posted, but it may help.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0450.jpg (137.0 KB, 152 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0451.jpg (137.4 KB, 152 views)
MWMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2016, 18:36   #17
Animesis
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon 2.0l Diesel Connoisseur

As you can see the connector and any wire seem to be entirely absent, does it go into the same place on the loom as the ABS as the ABS wires do have some brown tape around them?

In the last picture you can see at some point it had some kind of incident that ripped out a significant part of the wheel arch lining and I can imagine that same event took the brake wear sensor wire with it

There is also that dubious looking connector in the first picture just hanging there back of the engine mount, would this be related?
Gearbox change, clutch, subframe refurbish, handbrake mod, drumbrake repair, rear coils, plate PCB repair, sunroof drains refitted, trim leak fix, cruise control fix, cleared EGR/inlet, new strut bearings, USB sockets in rear ashtray, new front brake pipes/hoses, repaired undertray, new o/s rear upper arm, refurbished rear suspension&subframe, fixed back light leak, new exhaust, fitted HID xenons, FBH fix, new thermostat, armrest LEDs, wood dash, new hydromount, natnav, tyres, numberplates
Animesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2016, 19:55   #18
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesis View Post
- - - does it go into the same place on the loom as the ABS - - -
Looks like it. You can see in the MWMan's images that the wear sensor wires go into the harness alongside the yellow ABS wire. I'd suggest untaping the harness around that point. I'd expect the remnants of the missing wires should appear somewhere under there.

TC
Old 19th July 2016, 21:34   #19
Animesis
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon 2.0l Diesel Connoisseur

the point where the ABS wires go into the loom is a long way down so that will be fun! ill give that a go this weekend

on a slightly unrelated note, does anyone recognise what that smaller black connector near the centre in the first picture is, it perplexes me as nothing it connected!
Gearbox change, clutch, subframe refurbish, handbrake mod, drumbrake repair, rear coils, plate PCB repair, sunroof drains refitted, trim leak fix, cruise control fix, cleared EGR/inlet, new strut bearings, USB sockets in rear ashtray, new front brake pipes/hoses, repaired undertray, new o/s rear upper arm, refurbished rear suspension&subframe, fixed back light leak, new exhaust, fitted HID xenons, FBH fix, new thermostat, armrest LEDs, wood dash, new hydromount, natnav, tyres, numberplates
Animesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2016, 12:19   #20
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesis View Post
does anyone recognise what that smaller black connector near the centre in the first picture is, it perplexes me as nothing it connected!
Can't help with identification, but these cars often have odd connectors going nowhere. They're usually part of a common harness which in other models is used for an extras item, etc.

TC