Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 27th February 2014, 14:20   #1
TopCat999
Avid contributor

2x1968 Chevrolet Camaros,1991 BMW E30 Hartge H26, 1980 E21 BMW ALPINA B6 2.8,2x1979 V8 JEEPS

Default urgent- Your Vote is needed NOW!!!

SPECIAL BULLETIN:
Act now: Government
launches consultation on
closed road motor sport!

http://www.msauk.org/uploadedfiles/n...losedRoads.pdf

The entire British motor sport community is urged to come together and respond
en masse to a government-backed public consultation on closed road motor
sport, launched today by Maria Miller, Secretary of State for Culture, Media and
Sport.
The MSA has been pushing successive governments to empower local
authorities with the right to suspend the Road Traffic Act without having to
resort to an Act of Parliament. Such an amendment would open up the way
for competitive motor sport events such as stage rallies, sprints and hill climbs
to take place on a limited number of British roads, as happens across most of
mainland Europe.
Rob Jones, MSA Acting Chief Executive, hailed the consultation as a huge st

former owner of 2004 ZT-T CDTi from new
TopCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2014, 14:46   #2
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

Tried the Link and nothing seems to download, so you may want to check it!
MrDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2014, 14:48   #3
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

It worked for me Mark

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Georgies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2014, 14:48   #4
TopCat999
Avid contributor

2x1968 Chevrolet Camaros,1991 BMW E30 Hartge H26, 1980 E21 BMW ALPINA B6 2.8,2x1979 V8 JEEPS

It is not the easiest to register and vote best way may be to email
'[email protected]'

with an answer copied and pasted from the MSA idea lines which reads:

Q1. Do you agree with the proposal to give local authorities the powers to allow motor sport events on public roads subject to the local consultation? If you disagree please give reasons.
Answer: Yes I agree. The UK leads the world in terms of motor sport with the industry generating an estimated £9bn for the economy annually and employing 41,000 people in 4,300 companies. Yet the UK lags behind much of the rest of the world, including the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man and Northern Ireland, in not allowing motor sport events to take place on closed public roads.
Allowing motor sport events to be held on closed public roads will provide an economic boost to host communities; support the growth of UK motor sport and the associated industry; allow engaging events to be created; and create a valuable platform for taking road safety messaging to the wider public.
Q2. Do you agree that local authorities should be able to close roads for motor sport events? If you disagree please give reasons.
Answer: Yes I agree. Empowering local authorities to be able to close roads for motor sport events would represent a positive devolution of power. It will mean that local people, rather than politicians in Westminster, will be able to determine what happens on the roads in their region and will ensure that Parliament does not need to spend its valuable time debating whether or not to close a road somewhere in the country. It is an important principle that no organisation other than the Local Authority should be granted powers to close its roads, as this ensures that no event can be forced upon a region against the will of the locally elected Authority.

Q3. Do you agree that local authorities should have the power under certain circumstances to suspend the speed limit and applicable road traffic regulations? If there are any traffic regulations you would prefer not to see suspended, please give reasons.
Answer: Yes, I agree that local authorities should have the power under certain circumstances to suspend the speed limit and applicable road traffic regulations. This is on the understanding that the road traffic regulations are replaced by established and robust sporting regulations, as laid down by the MSA and ACU, to ensure that all events are well organised, properly regulated and fully insured.
Q4. Do you agree that the Motor Sports Association and the Auto Cycle Union should be the “Authorising Authority” for any motor sport events on public roads?
Answer: Yes I agree. The Motor Sports Association (MSA) and the Auto-Cycle Union (ACU) both have many decades of experience of governing four- and two-wheel motor sport in the UK. The MSA is recognised by motor sport’s world governing body, the Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA), as the sole national sporting authority for four-wheel motor sport in the UK. The ACU is similarly recognised by the Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme (FIM) as the national sporting authority for two-wheel motor sport in the British Isles. They are the only organisations with the experience, knowledge and resources necessary to act as the Authorising Authorities for any motor sport events on public roads.
With the MSA and ACU as Authorising Authorities, only drivers and riders who have been formally licensed for competition by the governing bodies would be eligible to take part in motor sport events on closed public roads. The MSA and ACU licensing structures are suitably robust and rigorously enforced to ensure that licensed competitors are suitably competent to take part in the motor sport events they enter.
Q5. Do you agree that the Sports Ground Safety Authority could provide valuable expertise and guidance to ensure motor sport events on roads can be delivered safely?
Answer: No, I doubt that the SGSA would be able to add value in this environment. Both the Motor Sports Association (MSA) and the Auto-Cycle Union (ACU) operate comprehensive, long-established and successful risk management programmes for four- and two-wheel motor sport respectively.
Motor sport is a unique and complex sporting activity and requires specific experience and expertise to deal with its diverse events and venues, and especially to manage the risks associated with vehicles travelling at speed which is unique to our sport.
It seems unlikely that the SGSA would be able to offer anything valuable in this context over and above the experts from the MSA and ACU, other than perhaps the facilitation of a forum for liaison with the necessary statutory bodies.
Furthermore, the involvement of another body simply introduces an additional layer of bureaucracy that inevitably adds costs to organisers and competitors alike.

Old 27th February 2014, 14:51   #5
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by w44nty View Post
It worked for me Mark
How long did it take to download, as I've got fibre broadband here and got bored after a couple of minutes!
Old 27th February 2014, 14:52   #6
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoodles View Post
How long did it take to download, as I've got fibre broadband here and got bored after a couple of minutes!
Instantly Mark

Just timed it

6 seconds

And my download speed is poor,no fibre where I am

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Georgies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2014, 14:55   #7
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by w44nty View Post
Instantly Mark

Just timed it

6 seconds

And my download speed is poor,no fibre where I am
Tried three times now and just get a page that says "Loading" so given up now!

This what annoys me with organisations like this, if they cannot organise a simply link for people to use vote on, how do they expect to get any support?
Old 2nd March 2014, 12:50   #8
TopCat999
Avid contributor

That's the MSA !
please therefore utilise the email suggestion I have presented as an alternative to getting your vote across via InterWeb?

Old 2nd March 2014, 12:54   #9
Steve916
This is my second home

Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE and a Ford S-Max Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoodles View Post
Tried three times now and just get a page that says "Loading" so given up now!

This what annoys me with organisations like this, if they cannot organise a simply link for people to use vote on, how do they expect to get any support?
It took 5 seconds on my ipad on Virgin 20mb
Plenums, bonnet release mod, handbrake compensator (arctic), rear parking sensors, coolant level sensor (Vindaloo), DRL's, Fan resistor upgrade ( Jules), Marmite lighting, Auto dimming rear view mirror, twin horns, fog lights, real walnut dash, walnut gear knob, Sean DD unit with DVB-T, message centre ipk, electric sun blind, auto opening boot lid, walnut steering wheel, electric seats

Link to my Auto Boot Lift Mod
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=114273
Steve916 is offline   Reply With Quote