Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 26th February 2014, 11:24   #1
Andydote
Gets stuck in

ZT CDTI & 220 Turbo

Default Getting on the property ladder.

So, I'm 28, renting a maisonette and don't have much of a deposit. The place we are renting isn't ideal and I am desperate to get on the properly ladder.

With my first child due in a few weeks and my other half finishing work for the next 12 months, saving will be tight.

There are some help to buy schemes out there but they all confuse me.

I'm on a fairly good salary for my age, and by looking online I 'should' be able to get a mortgage myself of around £130,000, but this is hard without a decent deposit.

Does anyone have any advice on any schemes that could help me?

Or does anyone have £15,000 they can lend me!?

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...23ce063f6c.jpg
Andydote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2014, 11:27   #2
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

Have a look at new building developments in your area. They have schemes that will help with insentives for first time buyers.
pab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2014, 11:31   #3
Steve916
This is my second home

Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE and a Ford S-Max Titanium

As Pab has said, look at new build help to buy schemes. On £130,000 you would need £6500 deposit and a 95% mortgage.
Plenums, bonnet release mod, handbrake compensator (arctic), rear parking sensors, coolant level sensor (Vindaloo), DRL's, Fan resistor upgrade ( Jules), Marmite lighting, Auto dimming rear view mirror, twin horns, fog lights, real walnut dash, walnut gear knob, Sean DD unit with DVB-T, message centre ipk, electric sun blind, auto opening boot lid, walnut steering wheel, electric seats

Link to my Auto Boot Lift Mod
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=114273
Steve916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2014, 13:09   #4
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

We bought our house through the government help to buy scheme, started the process in August, and moved in December. I can't remember exactly how it works with regard to when we start paying it back, but we have a few years of just paying a mortgage.

The house: when we applied for the scheme it was only available on new builds, but I believe it's not available on old houses too. Luckily for us we wanted to live in an area that has a bad name, Corby (it's not actually bad though). So house prices are cheaper than most places.

We got a 4 bed semi, list price was £159,950, carpeted throughout, turfed garden, and chose the kitchen but that's about it. We were told the government restrict the "incentives" that developers can offer on the help to buy scheme. We paid a 5% deposit, so approx. £8000, the mortgage was £118,000-£119,000, and then the scheme took care of the rest. The mortgage payments are approx. £585 a month.

The developers recommended a financial advisor and a solicitor. I'd highly recommend the use of the financial advisor, took all the stress out of finding a mortgage, buildings and contents insurance, and life cover. We just gave him some details and he went out and found us the best deals.

I know a lot of people think the scheme is a bad idea, and that it's just getting people in more debt that when they've got to start paying back, they won't manage. However if theres circumstances that will only affect you for a few years, and then you'll have more cash, I don't see the problem.

So overall, move to Corby! It's cheap!

Getting the deposit is key, once you've done that you can go to a developer and talk to the sales team and find out more, or a local estate agent.

Oh and you can't legally borrow money from parents for deposit.... It has to be a gift, with a statement showing the transfer and a letter confirming it's a gift and not a loan.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2014, 19:53   #5
Steve916
This is my second home

Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE and a Ford S-Max Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdude666 View Post
We bought our house through the government help to buy scheme, started the process in August, and moved in December. I can't remember exactly how it works with regard to when we start paying it back, but we have a few years of just paying a mortgage.

The house: when we applied for the scheme it was only available on new builds, but I believe it's not available on old houses too. Luckily for us we wanted to live in an area that has a bad name, Corby (it's not actually bad though). So house prices are cheaper than most places.

We got a 4 bed semi, list price was £159,950, carpeted throughout, turfed garden, and chose the kitchen but that's about it. We were told the government restrict the "incentives" that developers can offer on the help to buy scheme. We paid a 5% deposit, so approx. £8000, the mortgage was £118,000-£119,000, and then the scheme took care of the rest. The mortgage payments are approx. £585 a month.

The developers recommended a financial advisor and a solicitor. I'd highly recommend the use of the financial advisor, took all the stress out of finding a mortgage, buildings and contents insurance, and life cover. We just gave him some details and he went out and found us the best deals.

I know a lot of people think the scheme is a bad idea, and that it's just getting people in more debt that when they've got to start paying back, they won't manage. However if theres circumstances that will only affect you for a few years, and then you'll have more cash, I don't see the problem.

So overall, move to Corby! It's cheap!

Getting the deposit is key, once you've done that you can go to a developer and talk to the sales team and find out more, or a local estate agent.

Oh and you can't legally borrow money from parents for deposit.... It has to be a gift, with a statement showing the transfer and a letter confirming it's a gift and not a loan.

Had to look twice then. We are planning on moving to Little Stanion. We've been and viewed a couple of times and really like the place. Plus, I work 2 minutes away from there
Plenums, bonnet release mod, handbrake compensator (arctic), rear parking sensors, coolant level sensor (Vindaloo), DRL's, Fan resistor upgrade ( Jules), Marmite lighting, Auto dimming rear view mirror, twin horns, fog lights, real walnut dash, walnut gear knob, Sean DD unit with DVB-T, message centre ipk, electric sun blind, auto opening boot lid, walnut steering wheel, electric seats

Link to my Auto Boot Lift Mod
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=114273
Steve916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2014, 20:11   #6
mamasboy
RS South East

Ford fester... blah....

this may be of interesthttps://www.sharetobuy.com/
Old 26th February 2014, 22:14   #7
rich17865
This is my second home

Transit Connect

Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,095 Posts

Blimey, move to Crewe, you could buy two houses for £160000, you would be living near me though, so not all good.
rich17865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2014, 23:53   #8
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve916 View Post
Had to look twice then. We are planning on moving to Little Stanion. We've been and viewed a couple of times and really like the place. Plus, I work 2 minutes away from there
Really?! Which developer are you looking at? We went with Lagan homes, house is a 'Newport' you're welcome to pop round sometime for a chat if you want, or PM me. It's a lovely quiet place to live, and house prices here have already increased around £5000 as there's a new link road being built, and a cinema in Corby town centre.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2014, 06:14   #9
deanbmx
Gets stuck in

mg zt-t

We're in the process of putting our 3 bed semi on the market to move to a nicer area with better schools. it's amazing and disheartening looking at what we can buy for twice the money.

To get into the area we want, a 2 bed bungalow or tiny house are the only options under £160k.
deanbmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2014, 11:50   #10
scorpio stu
This is my second home

Jaguar 3.2 Executive

If anyone needs an I dependant whole of market mortgage broker with over 20 yrs experience please inbox me regardless where in the country you are. My wife is a broker.
Triumph Street Triple R
scorpio stu is offline   Reply With Quote