Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 9th August 2020, 08:15   #154091
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts
Default E-Mail

I have had an E-Mail from Credit/Experian telling me my E-Mail is being sold around the market place, and too mindful of any dodgy sales, also to change the pass word for it.
That is a pain in its self, the thing is they can ask to remind them of the password and get it reset always assuming they can get hold of my bank accounts too buy things having to watch this space very carefully.

Rev.
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2020, 08:17   #154092
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, High cloud with the odd glimpse of the sun here.
Lie in this morning & had a good nights sleep last night for a change, That north easterly breeze coming in through the open windows was bootiful.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2020, 08:52   #154093
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Morning all,

Overcast and actually quite cool here with a bit of breeze.

Quizzie found a new playmate yesterday - a 5 month old black spaniel. He was absolutely gorgeous and so, so playful. Oh, and very wet .

Rich mate - sorry to hear about what's been happening. And Rev too .

I guess with all the extra internet stuff going on because of the COVID thing the scammers are doing well .

I'd like to remove them from their activities permanently - if you get my drift.

Take care and stay safe.

Andy

Last edited by AndyN01; 9th August 2020 at 08:56..
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2020, 11:25   #154094
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post
Morning all,

Overcast and actually quite cool here with a bit of breeze.

Quizzie found a new playmate yesterday - a 5 month old black spaniel. He was absolutely gorgeous and so, so playful. Oh, and very wet .

Rich mate - sorry to hear about what's been happening. And Rev too .

I guess with all the extra internet stuff going on because of the COVID thing the scammers are doing well .

I'd like to remove them from their activities permanently - if you get my drift.

Take care and stay safe.

Andy
Andy, I would like 5 minutes in a locked room with the scammers. They wouldn’t come out of it in a healthy state that’s for certain. So if anyone gets calls or letters from KC. NATIONWIDE SERVICES, LTD please ignore it and put the phone down.
They are based in Old Sarum Salisbury. The “company” was only formed in July and the so called director formed a company in Sept 2018, resigned from it on 5th Nov same year and dissolved it in April 2019.
Old 9th August 2020, 11:27   #154095
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
You can diy Richard using the online tool at the site of The Office Of The Public Guardian. I did this a couple of years back and the registration fee has since fallen a little to £82 for each LPA. That would be £164 if you opt for both types of LPA which are "property and financial affairs" and "health and welfare". I would really recommend that you apply for both, I did not and when push came to shove I regretted not having "health and welfare". I found that outfits operating as local councils and the NHS can deploy women with very sharp elbows when any decision could impact on them financially. There is no guarantee but I tend to think on my experience that faced with both LPAs they might afford you and your mum a little more thought and respect.

The fees might be reduced or waived altogether depending on your mum's circumstances. The place to start is here. Click
Thanks for that Steve, there is another fee payable as I did it for my dad in 2016, but he passed away before the poa was granted.
Old 9th August 2020, 14:42   #154096
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Thanks for that Steve, there is another fee payable as I did it for my dad in 2016, but he passed away before the poa was granted.
The only other fee that I can think of is the possible cost of a signature to certify the fitness of your mum's mental capacity to consent to the application. A GP or a solicitor may well charge for this service and it could be doubled if you do it in a way which also requires one of their colleagues to sign too. But if you have recourse to enough eligible people to sign there may be no need to approach a professional and incur any fee at all. I opted to obtain the service of our family GP who waived his usual £25 fee but I paid it voluntarily to his receptionist at the desk out of appreciation for the service and to not want to appear as a tight wad. There is guidance on the online process and it makes clear the need for signatures to be done in strict order and in the presence of the appropriate witness when necessary.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2020, 15:28   #154097
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post

I have had an E-Mail from Credit/Experian telling me my E-Mail is being sold around the market place, and too mindful of any dodgy sales, also to change the pass word for it.
That is a pain in its self, the thing is they can ask to remind them of the password and get it reset always assuming they can get hold of my bank accounts too buy things having to watch this space very carefully.

Rev.
Thank you for the warning Julien and I guess you will be changing your email etc, yes it is a nuisance and some will identify with you. There are bad and mischievous people everywhere, it’s a global problem, but full marks to Experian for alerting you. By coincidence I had a security checkup with PayPal yesterday after my account had been blocked, I went to make an online payment and it was deemed suspicious. I didn’t mind as they were protecting my interests.

We live on a private estate, where there is only one road into it via a barrier which goes up or down. 2 weekends ago on a Saturday afternoon, the horse riding stables at the end of our road, was raided by a group of robbers/desperados with guns. The stables is for disabled adults and children. The staff and children were gagged, tied up and locked in a store room while the place was robbed.

We got to hear about it, because our nephew who is disabled goes there to have a ride. He loves the horses and the staff are very kind to him. The day of the robbery he did not go.

Whilst no one was beaten up, all the victims would have been scared/traumatised. After the event, access to the stables and to our estate has been tightened up.

When this happened, it made me feel very angry and incensed. Those robbers managed to get away, but their luck will run out, they will slip up and when they are caught by the police, there will be no messing around, they will be shot. Armed robbery in Kenya is a capital offence.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2020, 17:49   #154098
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

I came across a youtube video a couple of days ago which left me with my heart in my mouth but with an amazing feeling of admiration for its four-legged Ibex subjects. It is narrated by the well-known TV presenter and physicist Brian Cox and it could lead some to reassess the meaning of a hill of difficulty. Click
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2020, 19:58   #154099
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Evening all, still red hot down here, I'm having a Henry Weston's to cool down.
Old 9th August 2020, 20:20   #154100
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
The only other fee that I can think of is the possible cost of a signature to certify the fitness of your mum's mental capacity to consent to the application. A GP or a solicitor may well charge for this service and it could be doubled if you do it in a way which also requires one of their colleagues to sign too. But if you have recourse to enough eligible people to sign there may be no need to approach a professional and incur any fee at all. I opted to obtain the service of our family GP who waived his usual £25 fee but I paid it voluntarily to his receptionist at the desk out of appreciation for the service and to not want to appear as a tight wad. There is guidance on the online process and it makes clear the need for signatures to be done in strict order and in the presence of the appropriate witness when necessary.
No mate thete is a fee payable to tje Office of the Public Guardian, for my dad it cost something lime £420.