Notices

Old 8th August 2020, 17:44   #154081
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by w44nty View Post
You should have put a slice of Danish Blue in the Sandwich,you would not have noticed then

Glad the tests all came back OK,that must be a weight off your mind

LOL, I picked the biggest ripe tomato off the vine to put on me toast & moldy bread spoiled it.
Cheers Steve definitely a load of our minds.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2020, 17:48   #154082
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Afternoon all, lovely day here yesterday turned out not to be as hot as was forecast, in the north east anyway.It was very humid yesterday though.
On a serious note I spent two and a half hours n the phone to mum’s bank last night, the majority of it waiting for someone to answer the bl00dy phone.
Sadly due to her memory being so poor, she has now forgotten that you don’t give bank or card details over the phone to any company you are not familiar with.
Last summer she paid over 100 to a bogus company for “tv breakdown cover” that she didn’t need as I had recently bought the tv for her so it was still under manufacturers guarantee. Luckily as it was a fraudulent case,the bank stopped it and refunded her money, but since February this year she has set up 5 direct debits for bogus insurances for home emergency cover, appliance cover, internet recovery(she doesn’t have it) and some other bogus b s policy. The bank, with my
authorisation have cancelled all of them and are going to try and block these “companies “, from taking any more payments. I am going to set the ball rolling to get p o a, but I fear we may have to change the bank account number before then. I have now cancelled her card for the third time since this time last year,a nd hidden her cheque book, so any other scammers ring up and want d d set up or card payments,she can’t do it as she doesn’t know where the cheque book is and has no card. P o a normally takes about 8 weeks ,but due to COVID and short staffing in all govt departments,I think we will be lucky to have it in place by Christmas.

I urge all,of you with elderly or infirm relatives and friends to take steps to protect them from scammers, the world is full of horrible people who sadly spoil life for the majority.

Yeah you're right Rich. We got mum to rip up her cards as she was taken advantage off like that,She didn't really know what she was doing with them. My younger sister got POA just before dad died to take care of their money & pay bills.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2020, 18:10   #154083
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Evening all, been a hot one here today, not recommended doing a clutch change in this heat... I’m replenishing my lost fluids now 🥃
Old 8th August 2020, 19:25   #154084
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Evening all, been a hot one here today, not recommended doing a clutch change in this heat... I’m replenishing my lost fluids now 🥃
Presumably with alcoholic water.
Old 8th August 2020, 19:31   #154085
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Yeah you're right Rich. We got mum to rip up her cards as she was taken advantage off like that,She didn't really know what she was doing with them. My younger sister got POA just before dad died to take care of their money & pay bills.
POA is a long drawn out process and expensive, I set it up for dad 4 years ago, it cost £430 to pay the office of public guardian,vplus the fee from the bank. Within about 6weeks he passed away,so it was too late, we lost the 400 quid but got the bank fee returned. I would like 5 mins a locked room with the perpetrators
Old 8th August 2020, 20:30   #154086
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

You can diy Richard using the online tool at the site of The Office Of The Public Guardian. I did this a couple of years back and the registration fee has since fallen a little to £82 for each LPA. That would be £164 if you opt for both types of LPA which are "property and financial affairs" and "health and welfare". I would really recommend that you apply for both, I did not and when push came to shove I regretted not having "health and welfare". I found that outfits operating as local councils and the NHS can deploy women with very sharp elbows when any decision could impact on them financially. There is no guarantee but I tend to think on my experience that faced with both LPAs they might afford you and your mum a little more thought and respect.

The fees might be reduced or waived altogether depending on your mum's circumstances. The place to start is here. Click
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2020, 06:10   #154087
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Morning all, it’s already warm here, overcast and muggy at the moment but sunshine is forecast.
Old 9th August 2020, 06:51   #154088
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Good morning Andy and a good morning to everyone else. After I posted the photo of the Acacia Tree yesterday from the laptop, a message flashed up on the screen warning the 75andztclub was a malicious site with lots of red flags and the site was blocked. I can get on with my phone, how bizarre.

What’s everyone up to?

I am going out soon to look for gaffers tape and a new camping light for the tent. We need a few groceries and some engine oil for the 4x4, 5w/30

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 9th August 2020 at 06:54.. Reason: Apostrophe
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2020, 06:59   #154089
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Morning all.

We have cloud but the sun is trying it’s best to poke through.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2020, 07:51   #154090
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

A grey start to the day here,feels damp in the air,the sea mist has taken a trip inland.

Hopefully the sun will burn it off and blue sky later,with the chance of rain and thunderstorms.

Hopefully we shall leave them until Jeff arrives in the County

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Georgies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote