Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th July 2020, 20:13   #41
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

That's what I was referring to in post 14 Gary. It's shenanigans like that that create suspicion and accusations of dubious activity. Just how wrong do they have to be before someone gets a grip.
Old 18th July 2020, 22:50   #42
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
That's what I was referring to in post 14 Gary. It's shenanigans like that that create suspicion and accusations of dubious activity. Just how wrong do they have to be before someone gets a grip.
There is such a disparity between the figures produced by each country, they clearly cannot be compared on a like-for-like basis. Yes, excess deaths may give a clearer picture but if a country has a high annual mortality rate anyway, then this could mask the effect the virus has had.

One thing can be guaranteed though is this; if this re-calculation of the English figures reduces the associated deaths, the government's critics will cry foul. Whatever the basis.

Timing is everything, as well as when, of or with.

Last edited by Borg Warner; 19th July 2020 at 07:41..
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2020, 05:14   #43
DRWMGTF
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur, Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1975 View Post
Who else is with me on this one....
About this covid,the guy has hit the nail on the head,I follow him on you tube and everything he says is true...there's something we're not being told.
https://youtu.be/AlM7lucHxlA
"Who else is with me on this one...."
............Not me............
DRWMGTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2020, 08:25   #44
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

Poor old Boris, he should have consulted this man first?? Chris.S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2020, 14:10   #45
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1975 View Post
Who else is with me on this one....
About this covid,the guy has hit the nail on the head,I follow him on you tube and everything he says is true...there's something we're not being told.
https://youtu.be/AlM7lucHxlA
Ha ha. You walked into that one, didn't you!
It is tactically a mistake to use any referral where the "useful idiots" can hoist you on your own petard, lower you to their level and then beat you with experience!. So, no, I have not seen the video, and yes, I am getting tired of the whole sorry affair.
We have over the last many years seen a steady erosion of our liberties and our ability to speak freely. When one dares utter a diverging opinion, the saved brigade try to drown us with illogical arguments, bad science and hysterical fright, indignation, incredulity and derision. It is depressing beyond words.
To say we have had enough, is not even getting close.
I don't mind people hiding at home, in the cupboards or wherever they can seek refuge. It is their lives, feel free to do exactly with it what you want, until that starts affecting me. That is where the line is drawn.
Feel free to quarantine, to stay 6 feet from your closest and dearest and to don whatever garments catches your fancy. I don't mind.! I really don't. Even go and get a fix from Billy, that is your decision!
But don't demand, require and expect me to share your delusional fright. I have lived a life for so many years, and never had to hide from life. I can assure you, now is not the time I will start.
So yes, I for one, have had enough. I have had enough of coercion, threats, half baked science, illogical arguments, fear of life and damnation from the bread and circus brigade. And of treads being closed, when people get offended and run out of whatever they think is sense!
Go back to your newspapers, your TV and your hiding. Live your lives the way you want. That is your right.
Leave the rest of us to live ours.
That is ours.
I don't want to get into a long debate, but I think you at least deserve to know that you are certainly not alone! Others are just not prepared to put up with the litany of abuse that will come their way, and thus bite their tongue.
A quote from B. Franklin, which in few words sums it up:
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety

Last edited by kaiser; 21st July 2020 at 07:58..
kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2020, 14:25   #46
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

One good thing to come out of lockdown is the amount of drugs traffic taken off the street. The "deliveries" must have been easy pickings for the coppers with so little vehicular or foot traffic on the streets. Cash in hand tax avoiders will also have been hit hard, with little or no income as you had to declare earnings to draw the "benefits"! The burglars will also have stood out like sore thumbs with no pub traffic in the early hours for "cover"!Always look on the bright side (unless you are on the Dark Side!).
Old 20th July 2020, 14:35   #47
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
Ha ha. You walked into that one, didn't you!
It is tactically a mistake to use any referral where the "useful idiots" can hoist you on your own petard, lower you to their level and then beat you with experience!. So, no, I have not seen the video, and yes, I am getting tired of the whole sorry affair.
We have over the last many years seen a steady erosion of our liberties and our ability to speak freely. When one dares utter a diverging opinion, the saved brigade try to drown us with illogical arguments, bad science and hysterical fright, indignation, incredulity and deriscion. It is depressing beyond words.
To say we have had enough, is not even getting close.
I don't mind people hiding at home, in the cupboards or wherever they can seek refuge. It is their lives, feel free to do exactly with it what you want, until that starts affecting me. That is where the line is drawn.
Feel free to quarantine, to stay 6 feet from your closest and dearest and to don whatever garments catches your fancy. I don't mind.! I really don't. Even go and get a fix from Billy, that is your decision!
But don't demand, require and expect me to share your delusional fright. I have lived a life for so many years, and never had to hide from life. I can assure you, now is not the time I will start.
So yes, I for one, have had enough. I have had enough of coercion, threats, half baked science, illogical arguments, fear of life and damnation from the bread and circus brigade. And of treads being closed, when people get offended and run out of whatever they think is sense!
Go back to your newspapers, your TV and your hiding. Live your lives the way you want. That is your right.
Leave the rest of us to live ours.
That is ours.
I don't want to get into a long debate, but I think you at least deserve to know that you are certainly not alone! Others are just not prepared to put up with the litany of abuse that will come their way, and thus bite their tongue.
A quote from B. Franklin, which in few words sums it up:
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety

I think if people can put forward a well considered argument people will be more willing to discuss then ridicule.

Take this for example "I don't mind people hiding at home, in the cupboards or wherever they can seek refuge. It is their lives, feel free to do exactly with it what you want, until that starts affecting me"

So, if you cant go to the shops to buy what you want because the shop staff are at home, you are unhappy with them? See, it was that easy to find a problem with what you have said. The chap in the video used an illogical argument, he and his friends don't know anyone with covid, not sure what that proves. Neither are well considered arguments.

Do you really believe the press have been forced to run covid stories where no covid exists? I would find that very strange and disappointing of the press if they had gone along with a lie.

The way deaths have been recorded as being due to covid where in fact they had covid but died of some other cause is disgraceful.

If you want to mix with others that is up to you and them but do not infect anyone with covid. Are you sure you can mix with others and not catch it?

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2020, 07:32   #48
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
One good thing to come out of lockdown is the amount of drugs traffic taken off the street. The "deliveries" must have been easy pickings for the coppers with so little vehicular or foot traffic on the streets. Cash in hand tax avoiders will also have been hit hard, with little or no income as you had to declare earnings to draw the "benefits"! The burglars will also have stood out like sore thumbs with no pub traffic in the early hours for "cover"!Always look on the bright side (unless you are on the Dark Side!).
It is similar here in Nairobi, the murder rate is down. During curfew at night, people including the criminals are terrified of going out in fear of being shot or beaten up by the police for not wearing a mask or breaking curfew. The only ones who are allowed out must carry permits showing they are essential workers. There are videos on YouTube filming the police using leather whips on drivers, who get pulled out of the car and flogged at the side of the road. Although condemned by government, it still goes on, regardless of human rights.

Fear has proven to be a deterrent in the fight against the virus.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2020, 07:03   #49
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Someone I work with has a close relative who works as a radiographer in the local hospital. She has seen it first hand,and says it is VERY real,it’s no hoax or joke. I only know 2 people who have had the virus and been tested for it,that was Brian and his wife. I know someone else who SUSPECTED he had the virus but was never tested, he had flu like symptoms and lost his sense of smell so self isolated for 14 days.
Old 23rd July 2020, 07:50   #50
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Well it's CFMD (Compulsory Face Mask Day) tomorrow will be interesting to see what happens.

What's that saying?

Ah; we have nothing to fear but fear itself.
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote