Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 2nd January 2016, 22:19   #11
pscan.eu
Regular poster

Peugeot 604/Jag X350

Quote:
Originally Posted by prebenny View Post
(the legality part is pretty much explained by pscan.eu which also is dodgy in my mind)
Why is pscan.eu dodgy?
pscan.eu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2016, 22:21   #12
prebenny
Taking time out

Rover 75 Tourer CDT+

pscan.eu didn't really mean that PSCAN is illegal (in fact read it again and it sounded like that - I'm sorry). Was about the part about virtual T4 and buying not original application from ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscan.eu
The original discs say "© MG Rover" on them, so as far as I am concerned you can only legally use a VT4 if you have original discs. Using copies (which ones from ebay most likely are) is illegal in my opinion.

Last edited by prebenny; 2nd January 2016 at 22:25..
prebenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2016, 22:47   #13
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Will either of these work with the Freelander TD4 fitted with the M47R engine?
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2016, 22:54   #14
jonc3725
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 190 + and MKIV Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw View Post
The video looks very impressive!

A lot of us in the UK are very lucky in the fact that we have reasonable access to T4 facilities when required.
There must also be a very great number who do not have easy access or find that without one of the T4 operators on here within easy reach the cost is prohibitive(and in some cases the operator not so knowlegable about our cars) . For these people particularly the development of Toaf could be a real lifesaver.
This for me all day long. SW of Bristol there is little T4 assistance unless we can drive to Fareham or a garage in mid Devon that not many people use. We dont have a T4 guru down this neck of the woods who we can use at a nano meet or any other such get togethers. Also the T4 Guru's are slowly disappearing or losing interest so anybody that gives an option must be good. I am willing to pay the going the rate for a decent system that I can use at home so VT4 or P-Scan or TOAF all seem good alternatives and my favoured one will be the one thats easiest to use that gives me the most dealership option changes that it can. I am willing to pay for the software but want a product that gives me good functionality and does not leave us in SW out of this loop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prebenny View Post
Ok. So since we (basically me and Longer86) slaughtered few topics (sorry for that) I'll make this one to prevent that in future.

And since we've managed to make decent discussion I believe we'll make it right

So if You have questions about TOAF or suggestions - go at it. We will try to answer the questions and pass good ideas to Marcin Misek.
Marcin, Piotr

thanks for the opportunity to ask some questions. I have spoke by PM to you guys in the past and well done on all the work so far. I am not a T4 guru (Never seen the system to be honest) but I am frustrated at the lack of T4 capability in my area of the UK

1. Will TOAF allow ALL the dealership function changes that T4 does. If not what wont you be able to do with T4 (for example Vin and Mileage changes?).
2. What leads will be needed to connect the car OBD to the laptop
3. Will TOAF give the same dynamic monitoring functions on all the modules the same as T4
4. Will there be any safety aspects to make it difficult to brick your cars electrics (Not withstanding power failures on your laptop!).
5. Will there be any instructions with the software.
6. What is the minimum processing power needed to run this program.
7. What is the best operating system (Windows etc) for this program.
8. Will any additional discs or software be needed to run this program
9. Of particular interest for me at the moment. Can I fit an IPK dial cluster to a non IPK car with this software.

I have watched the youtube video with interest.

Thanks again for all you hard work on this and hope you can answer some of the queries we are asking.

As I have said above I am not interested in who, what, where, when, all I am interested in is using a system that gives me T4 functionality because down the SW of the UK we don't have any T4 Gurus to go too.

I hope my English makes sense to you guys in Poland becasue your English is better than my Polish

Cheers

Jon

Living the dream

MK IV VVTI Tiptronic TT Toyota Supra
MG ZT 190+
BornTuesday, 10th July 2001 @ 09:01:10
259th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
252nd ZT 190 + to be made out of 4,023
101st ZT in Solar Red (code: CEU) to be made out of 1,888
jonc3725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2016, 22:54   #15
longer86
Taking time out

R75

with Freelander Engine ECU there should be no problems, but that wasn't tested yet

Last edited by longer86; 2nd January 2016 at 22:57..
longer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2016, 23:12   #16
prebenny
Taking time out

Rover 75 Tourer CDT+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Noc View Post
At this point no. Asked Marcin and he is working on that (he says the issue is that Freelander connects with different speed than 75/ZT).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc3725 View Post
1. Will TOAF allow ALL the dealership function changes that T4 does. If not what wont you be able to do with T4 (for example Vin and Mileage changes?).
3. Will TOAF give the same dynamic monitoring functions on all the modules the same as T4
4. Will there be any safety aspects to make it difficult to brick your cars electrics (Not withstanding power failures on your laptop!).
9. Of particular interest for me at the moment. Can I fit an IPK dial cluster to a non IPK car with this software.

I hope my English makes sense to you guys in Poland becasue your English is better than my Polish
Ad1 - VIN and mileage changes in IPK as far as I know are not possible because they are write protected by IKE EEPROM (93S56). From what Marcin says it has all the functions that T4 does (chiptuning and adding keys will be paid).

Ad2 - You need laptop and Inpa/bridged VAG KKL cable (costs around 10 pounds). And of course TOAF application

Ad3 - I have no idea. I know that TOAF offers live data monitoring (probably will make movie including it).

Ad4 - Would be better if Marcin or Longer86 answered this but I don't know any. If You will make some wrong options You should be able to restore it from backup (there is option to make backup of module and it's always recommended to do it).

Ad5 - I think there should be one.

Ad6 - Again got absolutely no idea, but the program in .zip weight less than 1 MB and it works on Longer86 laptop which is pretty old as well :P I suppose if You can run Windows XP on it then it shouldn't be a problem.

Ad7 - I'm running it at virtual machine with Windows XP 32 bits because there was made vmware disc with prepared Windwows and installed Inpa. Longer86 if i remember corectly uses it at Windows Vista (not sure if 32 or 64 bit).

Ad8 - Only TOAF application, INPA/VAG KKL cable and it's driver.

Ad9 - Yes. I've done it buy You must either buy IPK from car before 2001 year (not sure about the year) or desolder EEPROM and change VIN at EEPROM programmer (otherwise You will have ERR at trip1). If You want to copy mileage then I think You also have to do it via eeprom programmer (again the eeprom has write protected areas which in theory You can't overwrite by OBD). Not hard to do but You need soldering iron and eeprom programmer (or have someone who has it and can do it, I'll be making it once again soon (friends at work done stupid joke and increased soldering temperature so I kind of burned IPK)).
Old 2nd January 2016, 23:18   #17
longer86
Taking time out

R75

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc3725 View Post

I have watched the youtube video with interest.

Thanks again for all you hard work on this and hope you can answer some of the queries we are asking.

As I have said above I am not interested in who, what, where, when, all I am interested in is using a system that gives me T4 functionality because down the SW of the UK we don't have any T4 Gurus to go too.

Cheers

Jon
1. TOAF will allow to changes all delaership function like T4
but You still can not change VIN and Millage in IKE module because this information is wroten in chip security area. Only known way to change is deslodering chip and changing eeprom memory.

2. you need Any cable with DS2 (BMW INPA Interface or bridged Viakken kkl kable )

3. what do You mean?

4. We testing this software since summer last year and nobody bricked any module. just think what you do and remmember to power be with you

5. This is very simple software button connect, buttons with module names and available option, probably there will be short description about every option

6. im running 8 year old laptop with 1.5Ghz Centrion Duo and Vista , but works also on xp and probably with olders computers and systems it is simple app which You can copy into 3,5" floppy if You have floppy drive and take everywhere It is stand alone app, no instalation,

7. should be running on every windows machine it is just one exe file. I dont know how about iMac apple... sorry

8. no additional software needed, only Toaf and cable with DS2, If you haven't You need FTDI driver to cable which is downloadable from web

9. you can retrofit IPK and configure it, but you still need to desolder eeprom to change vin
longer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2016, 23:26   #18
pscan.eu
Regular poster

Peugeot 604/Jag X350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Noc View Post
Fully tested working and supported on pscan.eu, along with every other engine variant on a Freelander 1 (except the USA spec V6 one), Jatco gearbox and 2002 on Airbag.
More will follow over the next few months.
For the M47R see http://www.pscan.eu/features/edc15c4.html

Last edited by pscan.eu; 2nd January 2016 at 23:34..
pscan.eu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2016, 23:26   #19
old-oily

Rover 75 Tourer x2

Default Szczęśliwego Nowego Roku

My question is , what is your best guess when TOAF will become available ?
My gratitude to Marcin Misek for undertaking this project of benefit to all Mg Rover owners from Norway to New Zealand. I will be glad to press the donate button and if possible can it link to pay pal , please !
old-oily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2016, 23:33   #20
prebenny
Taking time out

Rover 75 Tourer CDT+

old-oily would like to say the sooner the better but considering it needs to be tested and few things needs to be fixed (nothing that could damage but still annoying for 'plain' user) we can't really give the date (as said few things need to be fixed and when I asked Marcin about working with LR he said he is working on it as well so). Hope You understand we want to test it as good as only possible - we don't want to give any arguments against using TOAF.

Last edited by prebenny; 2nd January 2016 at 23:38..