Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 5th April 2014, 22:59   #11
johnnyb44
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

Im still intreaged as to what it does. It would have to be explained so that my two brain cells would be able to understand though
Old 5th April 2014, 23:56   #12
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb44 View Post
Im still intreaged as to what it does. It would have to be explained so that my two brain cells would be able to understand though
AFAIK it's a stronger spring for the turbo waste gate, it prevents the gradual opening of the waste gate which results in lost boost and less power before the maximum boost is reached,

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2014, 07:20   #13
johnnyb44
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

When the car is in a higher state of tune, is it possible for the phenonenum for the waste gate valve to make a strange ticking noise when cold as there is now a higher boost lower down the rpm.
Does this spring also cure this problem to.
Old 6th April 2014, 09:09   #14
Steve916
This is my second home

Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE and a Ford S-Max Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_bonsai View Post
The one in the picture is one I got in the drawer waiting to be fitted. If I can send you any measurements please let me know.
If somebody wanted to send me one as a template, I could get my spring manufacturer to make some up
Just a thought.
Plenums, bonnet release mod, handbrake compensator (arctic), rear parking sensors, coolant level sensor (Vindaloo), DRL's, Fan resistor upgrade ( Jules), Marmite lighting, Auto dimming rear view mirror, twin horns, fog lights, real walnut dash, walnut gear knob, Sean DD unit with DVB-T, message centre ipk, electric sun blind, auto opening boot lid, walnut steering wheel, electric seats

Link to my Auto Boot Lift Mod
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=114273
Steve916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2014, 09:16   #15
wuzerk
Passed Away

Rover 75 CDT 03 auto Conn. SE

Default Spring

Yes, it is a stronger spring for the waste gate but Ron posted a long time ago that he had lost the details so couldn't supply any.
wuzerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2014, 09:19   #16
Steve916
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzerk View Post
Yes, it is a stronger spring for the waste gate but Ron posted a long time ago that he had lost the details so couldn't supply any.
That's why I can offer to get some made if Mark could possibly lend me the one sitting in his drawer
Plenums, bonnet release mod, handbrake compensator (arctic), rear parking sensors, coolant level sensor (Vindaloo), DRL's, Fan resistor upgrade ( Jules), Marmite lighting, Auto dimming rear view mirror, twin horns, fog lights, real walnut dash, walnut gear knob, Sean DD unit with DVB-T, message centre ipk, electric sun blind, auto opening boot lid, walnut steering wheel, electric seats

Old 6th April 2014, 10:28   #17
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

That's a good offer Steve, it does make wonder though. As it's quite easy to measure the properties of the spring (wire gauge, coils per inch, strength) then what's the real reason Rover Ron stopped supplying them, either it reduced business for the tuning box/mafam, or there was a problem found using a stronger wastegate spring than was intended.

Where?:
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
Old 6th April 2014, 12:42   #18
Steve916
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post
That's a good offer Steve, it does make wonder though. As it's quite easy to measure the properties of the spring (wire gauge, coils per inch, strength) then what's the real reason Rover Ron stopped supplying them, either it reduced business for the tuning box/mafam, or there was a problem found using a stronger wastegate spring than was intended.
Very true. How many people have actually fitted it and noticed the difference, and how many of those people have encountered problems

Old 7th April 2014, 19:48   #19
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

I shouldn't have thought that there's much to measure about the spring, wire gauge, coil diameter and coils per inch, length and strength: can all be measured fairly easily, probably only the length and strength actually required.

Where?:
Mods/Retrofits:

To do:
Old 8th April 2014, 07:38   #20
paulserina
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTI, MG ZTT CDTI

I was under the impression that the synergy box complimented the spring? My car is running at 18.9 psi what's the max it can go to?