Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 20th December 2013, 20:12   #11
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts

I think that he stands a good chance of winning an appeal
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2013, 20:21   #12
T-Shirt
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie SE Auto Diesel Tourer + 75 Diesel Connie Saloon. Yamaha V-Star 1100 Motorbike

Where I used to work, we had a private concrete service road that joined the tarmac public road in line with the pavement, very similar to what your photo shows with the block paving & tarmac path line.

The local traffic wardens were fierce, if a car parked with any part of it over "their" side they would issue a ticket (ie over the tarmac)

Zooming in on your photo, you can clearly see the front wheels are on the tarmac & the bonnet is well over it, so the ticket could well be valid...Still worth appealing though, good luck to your mate & I hope they waive the ticket.
T-Shirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2013, 20:21   #13
Pompey_ant
Loves to post

MG ZT 190+

Am I missing something? That link is a ZT-T in the middle of a car park :S
Pompey_ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2013, 20:25   #14
Steve916
This is my second home

Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE and a Ford S-Max Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompey_ant View Post
Am I missing something? That link is a ZT-T in the middle of a car park :S
Where?
This is the photo.
Plenums, bonnet release mod, handbrake compensator (arctic), rear parking sensors, coolant level sensor (Vindaloo), DRL's, Fan resistor upgrade ( Jules), Marmite lighting, Auto dimming rear view mirror, twin horns, fog lights, real walnut dash, walnut gear knob, Sean DD unit with DVB-T, message centre ipk, electric sun blind, auto opening boot lid, walnut steering wheel, electric seats

Link to my Auto Boot Lift Mod
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=114273
Steve916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2013, 20:28   #15
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default No

How can it be parked illegally? it's on a prescribed entrance to a property that just happens to have a barricaded entrance. The local Council have no authority over private driveways and furthermore, there are no signs visible. The yellow line in front of the entrance seems to be quite new and, I'd say it's up to the owners of the property to prosecute for illegal parking. The car is also behind the boundary of the edges of the road and behind the line, you'll find that the entrance is not classed as part of that road, it's a turning off it, just like a private driveway.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2013, 20:48   #16
T-Shirt
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie SE Auto Diesel Tourer + 75 Diesel Connie Saloon. Yamaha V-Star 1100 Motorbike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
How can it be parked illegally? it's on a prescribed entrance to a property that just happens to have a barricaded entrance. The local Council have no authority over private driveways and furthermore, there are no signs visible. The yellow line in front of the entrance seems to be quite new and, I'd say it's up to the owners of the property to prosecute for illegal parking. The car is also behind the boundary of the edges of the road and behind the line, you'll find that the entrance is not classed as part of that road, it's a turning off it, just like a private driveway.
Most of what you say is right, but I think where the problem lies here is that the front of the car, including the wheels are on a public footpath, these are (albeit rather badly) maintained by the council.

I think the traffic warden was far too over zealous with giving the ticket out as the car is no where near blocking the pavement but legally, I think its going to be a hard one to fight.
T-Shirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2013, 20:49   #17
pevil
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon 1.8 Manual, Club

Harsh but the front of the car is obstructing the footpath, it's supposed to be against the law to obstruct a footpath even though thousands do it and get away with it, have to say it's one of my pet hates, that and motorist swerving to miss puddles, anyway, I got done in Rotherham for parking on the verge next to a yellow, had to pay up in the end and it cost me more!
Mods; Plenum checked-cleared and modded (spy-hole) - Leather handbrake grip fitted - Walnut gear knob fitted - C panel badges fitted - Bonnet catches greased - Stainless bolts fitted to front bumper - Digital temp gauge fitted.
pevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2013, 20:59   #18
raykay
I really should get out more.......

Now Other Manufacturer

If the property boundary is in line with the hedges and concrete blocks, where the car parked is a crossover and part of the verge and footway, and subject to the yellow line restriction.
raykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2013, 21:01   #19
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default I'm not sure..

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Shirt View Post
Most of what you say is right, but I think where the problem lies here is that the front of the car, including the wheels are on a public footpath, these are (albeit rather badly) maintained by the council.

I think the traffic warden was far too over zealous with giving the ticket out as the car is no where near blocking the pavement but legally, I think its going to be a hard one to fight.
The footpath ends where the kerbstones do, it might be classed as a public right of way but, there's no driveway that's a footpath. If that path was open and you stepped in front of a vehicle turning in, who would be at fault? the driver or the pedestrian for stepping in front of it? It depends what's on the ticket, the parking laws are a bit vague sometimes, I'll bet the parking zones are in front of the yellow lines in their applications, not behind. I won one of these for that reason, otherwise they could ticket anyone on their own property. There must be a proven obstruction to foot traffic and there isn't one here.
I also just noticed, the entrance tarmac is a different colour, it suggests it's privately owned and maintained.

Last edited by Saga Lout; 20th December 2013 at 21:07..
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2013, 21:05   #20
Jim W
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Contemporary V6

get your mate to look at yellow line as if there are any breaks in it pieces missing photograph them and send in with your appeal as stated in highway code yellow lines road markings must be continuous with no breaks or gaps. This got me out of paying

Wee V6 Beastie

Came off production line 4 days before Longbridge closed No 675 out of 686 made
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote