Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th December 2013, 06:19   #991
sabrerallye

MG ZT

Default Boot lift

Can I be added to the next list please?
sabrerallye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 15:20   #992
doopydug
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanks to Steve for sending when he said he would and good comms throughout

Fitted today - a tidy and very beneficial mod - recommend to everyone!!
doopydug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 16:37   #993
Yella Fella
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

None at the moment

Thanked 1,094 Times in 666 Posts

Steve,

Should there be heat shrink material with the kit?
Old 4th December 2013, 16:41   #994
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yella Fella View Post
Steve,

I think Steve stopped supplying the heatshrink Glenn,as it affected the springs.
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 18:10   #995
Steve916
This is my second home

Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE and a Ford S-Max Titanium

Quote:
Steve,

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
I think Steve stopped supplying the heatshrink Glenn,as it affected the springs.
Taken from the OP
" I'll offer them in 2 ways.

1. As a kit, which will include 2 springs, 2 nylon bushes, 2 nylon washers, 2 stainless steel spacers, and 4 galvanised penny washers.I'll also either send out fitting instructions with these, or create a how to on the forum for you to refer to.

Option 2, no longer available
2. For the people that don't want the DIY version, I'll do a completely made up set of struts which will take you 5 minutes to swap over. This is on an exchange basis though, and it requires you to be able to swap the struts over within 7 days of receiving the new ones, and send me your old struts back, ready to be modded for another person.Note. This kit no longer comes with the heat shrink applied, as it was found to be hindering the operation of the spring. Most are opting to paint the springs black or colour coded to their car. "

It was found quite early on that the heat shrink was actually getting in between the spring coils when the springs compress. This was deemed to be putting too much pressure on the strut mounts, so it was removed. The last 180 or so sets have gone out without heat shrink. Hope you understand
Plenums, bonnet release mod, handbrake compensator (arctic), rear parking sensors, coolant level sensor (Vindaloo), DRL's, Fan resistor upgrade ( Jules), Marmite lighting, Auto dimming rear view mirror, twin horns, fog lights, real walnut dash, walnut gear knob, Sean DD unit with DVB-T, message centre ipk, electric sun blind, auto opening boot lid, walnut steering wheel, electric seats

Link to my Auto Boot Lift Mod
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=114273

Last edited by Steve916; 4th December 2013 at 18:14..
Steve916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 18:16   #996
Steve916
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKAGS MCC View Post
Will this work on a ZTT? Or a ZT with the two spoilers? As I have both cars and already have boot mod, yet unfitted
Hi Vinnie. It won't work on a ZTT mate, but it does work on a ZT with the 2 spoilers
Plenums, bonnet release mod, handbrake compensator (arctic), rear parking sensors, coolant level sensor (Vindaloo), DRL's, Fan resistor upgrade ( Jules), Marmite lighting, Auto dimming rear view mirror, twin horns, fog lights, real walnut dash, walnut gear knob, Sean DD unit with DVB-T, message centre ipk, electric sun blind, auto opening boot lid, walnut steering wheel, electric seats

Old 4th December 2013, 18:19   #997
Steve916
This is my second home

Quote:
Mine arrived yesterday. I can't get it fitted for a few weeks yet, I'll just need to struggle with getting the bodies into the boot mean time.
Quote:
Steve,

is ther a 'How To' for this?
Hopefully you've found the 'how to" now
It honestly takes 5 mins per side.

Old 4th December 2013, 18:24   #998
Yella Fella
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

None at the moment

Thanked 1,094 Times in 666 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve916 View Post
Taken from the OP
" I'll offer them in 2 ways.

1. As a kit, which will include 2 springs, 2 nylon bushes, 2 nylon washers, 2 stainless steel spacers, and 4 galvanised penny washers.I'll also either send out fitting instructions with these, or create a how to on the forum for you to refer to.

Option 2, no longer available
2. For the people that don't want the DIY version, I'll do a completely made up set of struts which will take you 5 minutes to swap over. This is on an exchange basis though, and it requires you to be able to swap the struts over within 7 days of receiving the new ones, and send me your old struts back, ready to be modded for another person.Note. This kit no longer comes with the heat shrink applied, as it was found to be hindering the operation of the spring. Most are opting to paint the springs black or colour coded to their car. "

It was found quite early on that the heat shrink was actually getting in between the spring coils when the springs compress. This was deemed to be putting too much pressure on the strut mounts, so it was removed. The last 180 or so sets have gone out without heat shrink. Hope you understand

OK I see, thanks for the clarity. I saw the heat shrink in the 'How To' and thought it was a nice finish but couldnt see them in the kit you sent.

If the springs cant be hidden, how about I paint the springs the body colour, do you think this will work?
Old 4th December 2013, 18:35   #999
Steve916
This is my second home

Quote:
OK I see, thanks for the clarity. I saw the heat shrink in the 'How To' and thought it was a nice finish but couldnt see them in the kit you sent.

If the springs cant be hidden, how about I paint the springs the body colour, do you think this will work?
Please do and post up some pics when you've done it. I would love to see them in Yella
Lots have colour coded their springs by painting

Old 4th December 2013, 18:36   #1000
Steve916
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrerallye View Post
Can I be added to the next list please?
Name added