Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Items Wanted
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 20th February 2019, 15:51   #1
Pueblo_Boy
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Question Rear upper suspension arms or new subframe?

Hello, I am a newbie, here, expecting delivery of a 75 CDTi Tourer tomorrow!

It needs new rear upper suspension arms, but I was wondering if it would be better, and perhaps easier, to replace the whole rear sub-frame instead?

Does anyone have a rear sub-frame or suspension arms for sale? Or an estimate of how much it will cost in garage labour to get the sub-frame or arms fitted?
Pueblo_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2019, 21:26   #2
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

DMGRS does the upper arms
https://www.dmgrs.co.uk/collections/...-and-rgg104972

If bolts come undone, no more then a couple of hours to change the arms.
If sub frame good, I don't think there is a need to change it when doing the arms

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2019, 17:37   #3
Pueblo_Boy
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Question

Thanks for the link and advice...but I went ahead and ordered a second hand subframe complete with arms etc., as it was cheaper than two new upper arms.

Only problem is I've checked out 4 local garages already, and none of them want to do the work! Too many problems with taking out the old subframe they reckon . I have found one who says he'll do it now, so fingers crossed it goes smoothly, as £50+ an hour for mechanic's time is no joke...
Pueblo_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2019, 22:28   #4
Mogodon
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 135+ Diesel Auto Mk2. Nisan Micra 1.4 SVE Auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblo_Boy View Post
Thanks for the link and advice...but I went ahead and ordered a second hand subframe complete with arms etc., as it was cheaper than two new upper arms.

Only problem is I've checked out 4 local garages already, and none of them want to do the work! Too many problems with taking out the old subframe they reckon . I have found one who says he'll do it now, so fingers crossed it goes smoothly, as £50+ an hour for mechanic's time is no joke...
Your lucky to find a garage that will fit supplied second-hand parts, most won't even fit supplied new parts.

The arms rot from the inside out so hope you checked them very carefully or you could be in the same position in a year or two.

To me, fitting second-hand arms is a false economy with them being known as a high corrosion part, same as the rear brake plates.
Plenum spyhole mod. Powerflow backbox. 11 spoke alloys repainted Black Sparkle. Black Expansion tank. Drivers side cup holder. PPD carpeted heater box sides. Illuminated sun visors, PPD Door reflectors. PPD Seatbelt lower mount bolt covers. PPD Drivers grab handle. Cubby rechargeable torch and power socket. FBH retro-fitted. FBH engine pre-heater mod done. Electric rear Sunblind. Tow bar. Flip key. MGR towing mirrors and Saloon roof bars.

Hand Built in Birmingham
Mogodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2019, 19:00   #5
rontug
Loves to post

rover 75 Club SE cdt 2001

Sorry I missed you I have a full rear replacement including subframe, rear upper arms, trailing arms, discs calliper's and all that goes with it in good order inside and out
rontug is offline   Reply With Quote