Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 2nd January 2016, 22:10   #1
prebenny
Taking time out

Rover 75 Tourer CDT+

Default TOAF - questions/suggestions

Ok. So since we (basically me and Longer86) slaughtered few topics (sorry for that) I'll make this one to prevent that in future.

And since we've managed to make decent discussion I believe we'll make it right

So if You have questions about TOAF or suggestions - go at it. We will try to answer the questions and pass good ideas to Marcin Misek.

Few questions&answers can be found here:
- http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=224472
- http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=234185 (unfortunetely my request to clean this topic and move the posts about TOAF here has been read&ignored)

At this point things I'll edit (links to movies showing TOAF - for now it's 1 but soon we will make new ones):

- https://youtu.be/ntrIvnS6Gp0

Last edited by prebenny; 2nd January 2016 at 23:19..
prebenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2016, 22:14   #2
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by prebenny View Post
Ok. So since we (basically me and Longer86 slaughtered few topics (sorry for that) I'll make this one to prevent that in future.

And since we've managed to make decent discussion I believe we'll make it right

So if You have questions about TOAF or suggestions - go at it. We will try to answer the questions and pass good ideas to Marcin Misek.

At this point things I'll edit (links to movies showing TOAF - for now it's 1 but soon we will make new ones):

- https://youtu.be/ntrIvnS6Gp0

could you please list all of the features of TOAF?

then we would all have a basis for comparison with Pscan and T4 and everyone can make an informed choice....
Old 2nd January 2016, 22:15   #3
Jakg
This is my second home

N/A

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy-dials.com View Post

then we would all have a basis for comparison with Pscan and T4 and everyone can make an informed choice....
I don't think it's fair to list the functionality of a piece of software that's not yet finished or released. Some could be added, or some could be removed after demo because they just plain don't work.
Jakg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2016, 22:21   #4
prebenny
Taking time out

Rover 75 Tourer CDT+

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy-dials.com View Post

The short version:
- diagnostic of every module (engine, LCM, IKE/IPK, SRS, PDC, ATC, RADIO and I probably forgot about something)
- configuration of these modules (same options as T4 - upgraded DRL lights function - 30% high beam without sidelights)

Some of them are shown in the movie https://youtu.be/ntrIvnS6Gp0

We will try to show different modules and options at movies but at this point temperatures in Poland are ways too low (below -10°C) to go outside with laptop.

Last edited by prebenny; 2nd January 2016 at 22:26..
Old 2nd January 2016, 22:22   #5
Best_of_British
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer & Arden Green Project

I would like to thank you for giving people options, a small minority with vested interests appear to be slaughtering you as you put it. I would just like to see what options are available and make my own choice without interference from others. Hopefully this thread will stay on track with you able to answer genuine questions about what TOAF is about. However I fear it will descend into the usual garbage and be closed because you are not wanted.
Best_of_British is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2016, 22:23   #6
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Hi.
I really think we should give the guys a chance to evaluate the system and come back and show us all the salient features.
No matter whose system we use and if it does the job it makes little difference. Without us saving cars and technical bods designing and passing on equipment to owners and technicians an awful lot more of our cars will disappear.
Old 2nd January 2016, 22:45   #7
muggerbee
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer (04),75 Saloon (04)

Are you using a standard BMW OBD II lead or a bridged VAG lead for TOAF ??

2004 Connie SE Tourer Cdti
muggerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2016, 22:52   #8
prebenny
Taking time out

Rover 75 Tourer CDT+

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggerbee View Post
Are you using a standard BMW OBD II lead or a bridged VAG lead for TOAF ??
I'm using standard Inpa interface @ USB port (in Poland it costs around 10 pounds - see at ebay.co.uk they cost pretty the same). Pretty sure it works at bridged VAG KKL as well (if Inpa does work then TOAF as well).

@Best_of_British, murphyv310
In fact many of people in Poland add new equipment into their cars like rear electrical windows (cheap and as far as I know not hard to do but still need to activate it in BCU (comfort module)). Marcin Misek bought his R75 and there wasn't anything that would allow that except T4 while in Poland there are maybe 5 of them (and maybe 2 of them knows how to use it). Not to mention costs of it (in Poland for example You can read errors for example 10 pounds, but activate options for example 20 pounds (numbers are made up by me - just trying to show activating options isn't cheap)). And thanks for words of support. Pretty sure Marcin will feel good seeing that Exactly as You said. Rover/MG is basically US. People with passion to these cars. There only will be less and less of us because the newest cars are from like 2005 or 2006 so they are getting older. But if we stick together we still can make something out of them
Old 2nd January 2016, 22:52   #9
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

After a two year absence I find myself drawn back to this forum by the recent news of not one but two fully functional diagnostic systems.

But what caused me to leave this forum in the first place? Well anyone who recalls the faultless remote T4’s 100% reliable connection through my adsl internet and how Ed restored my car to full functionality 1000 kms from his computer also remembers that this project was not well received by the cartel. Ed was banned because he wanted to help people and yet more senior others could, and have continued to spread bile without any censor. And are then apparently caught pirating software not from someone unknown but a colleague, seems the names Phil and Brian crop-up. What comes around……

So now we have two full systems, one at no cost and the other involving a trader costs a bit more and how would this work for us overseas, TeamViewer installation? and then the discs.

It was always my wish that someone should continue and develop the remote T4 system where an owner could get qualified help from his own driveway, even if that driveway were 4,000 miles away.

But soon we will all be able to wreck havoc on our machine - but who’s going to be there to fix them, or advise on a problem they’ve met before, or modify the ZCS coding?

My preference most be the Polish application as I’ve already got my old XP machine with the Edibas interface, and it will cost me nothing. I’ve also got a soft spot for Poles (two of my wartime uncles) and the Poles were the guys who did the ground work on the Enigma.

If the Polish club did indeed want to make money then why not go for the grail as the English gurus rejected it: The ability to connect to a car in perhaps Turkey and diagnose and fix/advise on the problem, or a car in North Devon which just won’t start, or has fitted something new and wants the zcs codes modified. Many owners, me included, would pay a premium price for a premium service.

And a bit of history for those not around then: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=168663

Regards
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2016, 23:10   #10
brianw
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE Rover 75 1.8 Auto Connie

The video looks very impressive!

I think you Guys are doing sterling work, as the T4 guys on this forum already do.
Many of us have also experienced how they go above and beyond in order to assist people and with the effort you must have put in I feel you are heading for the same category.

A lot of us in the UK are very lucky in the fact that we have reasonable access to T4 facilities when required.
There must also be a very great number who do not have easy access or find that without one of the T4 operators on here within easy reach the cost is prohibitive(and in some cases the operator not so knowlegable about our cars) . For these people particularly the development of Toaf could be a real lifesaver.

I am sure that along with the existing services available through this forum it will help keep many more Rovers and ZT's on the road for years to come.

Congratulations Guys!
brianw is offline   Reply With Quote