Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd June 2017, 15:48   #1
Radioguy
Banned

None

Default Only £119 Down NAVALL COMET Release ANDROID 7.1.1, Introductory Offer ! £119.00 Down

You get to Choose !

Now Available NAVALL COMET head units......

CLICK HERE TO ORDER OR READ MORE

First 6 orders paid in full receive a Free DVR Camera AND Free Reverse camera all for only £239** (With full payment with order) , thats a value of £75 !

Sale price 6 more Only £239.00** For these 2nd 6 You can choose 50% with Order and balance when we are ready to post.

Delivery time is 14-21 days . Postage additional costs.
**Postage extra

Last edited by Radioguy; 27th June 2017 at 18:52..
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2017, 15:51   #2
mbonwick
Gets stuck in

Connoisseur SE 1.8 Auto Saloon

How does the Comet compare spec wise to the Nav3/Premium/Eclipse please?

I'm getting lost with all the different models that are appearing of late...
mbonwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2017, 16:07   #3
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbonwick View Post
How does the Comet compare spec wise to the Nav3/Premium/Eclipse please?

I'm getting lost with all the different models that are appearing of late...
Very fair question and was admittedly expected

I Have a progress chart, WINCE to ECLIPSE and everything in between but I Have not had the chance to add the comet

Basically they appeal to different types of users

Eclipse- is Android 6 operating system, Octacore processor, 2GB RAM , 32GB storage , good for audiophiles and internet users

Premium- is Android 6 operating system, Octacore processor, 2GB RAM , 32GB storage , good for audiophiles and internet users (Great fior 4 G with built in SIM Slot)

Comet-Android 7.1 operating system, Quadcore processor 2GB RAM , 16GB storage , good for those that want a basic player (With great sound) and more intermittent internet use.

Navall Star we will be stopping selling soon as it is Android 4.4 , less "future Proof" for adding apps etc but ha an excellent screen (Non Glare) and very very fast boot up

Navall 3, 2,1 are Discontinued

there are oter smaller differences, like in the RDS and the Equalizers but thats the Main differences

Sorry but I have to keep up with the progress. Or Ill be lot too !
I wouldnt recommend anyone "trade Up" from premium or Eclipse. But if you are a wince owner , this will get you into the newer technology at the right price.

regards

Sean
Old 23rd June 2017, 21:37   #4
mbonwick
Gets stuck in

Connoisseur SE 1.8 Auto Saloon

Thanks Sean.

I actually quite like there being a wide selection of units to choose from, I just need to understand how they all compare to each other so I can decide what fits me best.

If you could post that progress chart when you get round to updating it (no rush), then that'd be great!
mbonwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2017, 00:20   #5
Radioguy
Banned

None

Hi Michael I agree, its a more sophsticated buyer today than a few years ago.

Here you are... Any questions feel free.

Old 25th June 2017, 08:41   #6
BigAde
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T+ 135 CDTi

Ok, I'm interested, but have some questions if you don't mind.

1. What's the price including postage? I'm on a tight budget and want to know what I'd be spending in advance.
2. In terms of spec it seems to be very close to my current Navall 3. So what are the differences between these two (other than what's already shown in the table above)?
3. You mention the Comet is a 'basic' player so I'm curious what that means in practice. Sound quality in particular is important to me and wouldn't want a 'downgrade' from my Navall 3.
4. I think it's fair to say that all these Android head units (no matter who's selling them) appear to have at least some known problems or at least minor niggles. That's not knocking you in any way as so much of this is with the manufacturers and out of your control. But are there any known issues with these particular units?
Thanks!
BigAde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2017, 12:35   #7
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAde View Post
Ok, I'm interested, but have some questions if you don't mind.

1. What's the price including postage? I'm on a tight budget and want to know what I'd be spending in advance.
2. In terms of spec it seems to be very close to my current Navall 3. So what are the differences between these two (other than what's already shown in the table above)?
3. You mention the Comet is a 'basic' player so I'm curious what that means in practice. Sound quality in particular is important to me and wouldn't want a 'downgrade' from my Navall 3.
4. I think it's fair to say that all these Android head units (no matter who's selling them) appear to have at least some known problems or at least minor niggles. That's not knocking you in any way as so much of this is with the manufacturers and out of your control. But are there any known issues with these particular units?
Thanks!
Hey Adrian , would be great to have you ride the comet !

1/. Total Price for basic unit including postage is £253.00
2/. Most is compared .......i n the table
Also the AM FM radio (RDS) On the Comet is much more advanced with saved radio station names.
3/. It has all of the bells and whistles actually, More than your Navall 3 does in fact. It doesnt have things like 4G for example so a user who is heavy into internet apps may not want it. You wouldnt be downgrading for sure.

4/. We have only tested so far , Jeff did the testing (And likes the unit) as you saw on the video I asked the same question of the factory but they , probably predictably, said nothing. I agree with what you say though, there mare niggles in all electronics , even Iphones , Microsoft windows and Samsung too ! I am told we will be getting upgrades and bug fixes.

regards

Sean
Old 25th June 2017, 12:52   #8
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
Hey Adrian , would be great to have you ride the comet !

1/. Total Price for basic unit including postage is £253.00
2/. Most is compared .......i n the table
Also the AM FM radio (RDS) On the Comet is much more advanced with saved radio station names.
3/. It has all of the bells and whistles actually, More than your Navall 3 does in fact. It doesnt have things like 4G for example so a user who is heavy into internet apps may not want it. You wouldnt be downgrading for sure.

4/. We have only tested so far , Jeff did the testing (And likes the unit) as you saw on the video I asked the same question of the factory but they , probably predictably, said nothing. I agree with what you say though, there mare niggles in all electronics , even Iphones , Microsoft windows and Samsung too ! I am told we will be getting upgrades and bug fixes.

regards

Sean
Just to add to Sean's findings..........Radio reception and quality seems much better than the Navall 3 as does the sound quality, proper graphic equaliser on board along with sub out control should you need it
Old 25th June 2017, 14:15   #9
BigAde
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T+ 135 CDTi

Ok, thanks Sean and Jeff for the answers...
The lack of 4G doesn't bother me as I just link it to my phone's Wi-Fi hot spot.

And how does the DVR (dashcam) work? Is it completely fit and forget - i.e. will it automatically start to record when I start the car?

And how does the reverse camera work - does that have to splice into the reversing wire?

Any trade-in options on the Navall 3?

Thanks!
BigAde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2017, 19:47   #10
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAde View Post
Ok, thanks Sean and Jeff for the answers...
The lack of 4G doesn't bother me as I just link it to my phone's Wi-Fi hot spot.

And how does the DVR (dashcam) work? Is it completely fit and forget - i.e. will it automatically start to record when I start the car?

And how does the reverse camera work - does that have to splice into the reversing wire?

Any trade-in options on the Navall 3?

Thanks!
Hi Adrian
Plug and Play and forget on DVR
Reverse camera is the same as all of our units, Plugs to a dedicated RCA on the back and then there is a trigger wire so it goes to AUTO REVERSE View

Not doing trades on these at the moment, If I did it would be very nominal
so better to sell ti I would think.

Sean