Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th June 2017, 08:32   #11
mcd840
Gets stuck in

Nissan NV300 Tekna 170 auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy72 View Post
I love mine. no rust, reliable, no creaks or rattles from the cabin, quality leather and trim, well screwed together, quality factory paint finish ( as can be seen with the reflection of a nice 75 in the photo) cheap to service via a jaguar independent ( but not a main dealer) and 400 bhp on tap puts a smile on your face too. reading this and various previous posts on here about the s-type it sounds like I must have the only decent s-type ever made.
if the styling isn't your bag that's all well and good and a personal choice of course. (even I find it quirky from some angles)
my ZT wasn't as reliable or cheaper to maintain than my 2 s-types but would I have another 75 or ZT? of course I would. they are my 2 favourite marques and the last of the breed of british saloon cars and that's why I still attend the 75 / ZT meets as I did today. I even heard numerous comments at todays meet from the public about how similar the styling of the 2 cars are. such a shame we couldn't all stick together isn't it and now we have no british car market.

Attachment 67898
Would like to add that I have seen your s type at a carter bar meet and what a beauty she is, before I bought my 75 I searched long and hard for a petrol x type in immaculate condition (or nearly) but as I couldnt I settled for a 75 contemp se cdti which was low millage immaculate and with all the toys which has now been sold, granted it was a solid rust free car underneath and when I purchased I was delighted but in regards to interior quality - shocking, rattles from dash fascia, did not even fit securely, thin cheap leather, glovebox didnt even line up with the screw holes, creaks from random areas of headlining, rattles from door handles and door pins, rattles from rear view mirror and that is only the things I remember. Would I buy another 75 ? No I would not, would I buy a nice x type or possibly an s type ? Yes I would. Just my opinion though.
mcd840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2017, 08:35   #12
championdaddy
This is my second home

Mg Zt 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
Wot I did earlier

TC
Hahahah I like that
championdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2017, 21:35   #13
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Well I can confirm after picking up a 1999 XJ8 Sport today, that no Rover 75 or ZT drives like a 3.2 litre V8

However you look at it I can now pop into the Winchester Club for a sneaky G&T

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2017, 14:03   #14
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Well I can confirm after picking up a 1999 XJ8 Sport today, that no Rover 75 or ZT drives like a 3.2 litre V8

Brian
I used to chauffer one for work and "Yes" they do drive well but at what cost! I'm glad I didn't have to pay for the fuel and servicing. Whenever it broke down (and it did occasionally) we had a long wait to get it back as everything seemed to have to come off to get at the faulty part. It managed 16 mpg on a good day and 12 mpg round town!!!
Old 26th June 2017, 20:17   #15
Master
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon

Ive noticed a few members have moved onto the S Type or own both 75/MG & S Type
Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2017, 22:20   #16
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
I used to chauffer one for work and "Yes" they do drive well but at what cost! I'm glad I didn't have to pay for the fuel and servicing. Whenever it broke down (and it did occasionally) we had a long wait to get it back as everything seemed to have to come off to get at the faulty part. It managed 16 mpg on a good day and 12 mpg round town!!!
You don't need to worry about fuel consumption when you get a V8, and if you have had prior experience of a Daimler Double Six, it seems positively frugal

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2017, 08:42   #17
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

We replaced one of our 75's for an XF. The car looks stunning, drives very smooth not to mention fast and the fuel economy matches the 75.

Ours is the 3.0 diesel which is twin turbo and tows our caravan with ease, you just have to keep off the happy pedal though as it's easy to overspeed.

However since ownership we have had several glitches, all electrical. We also got ripped off £760 from our local Jaguar Main Dealer in Ayr for fitting suspension parts which were unnecessary for the MOT pass.

Probably worse than this is the fact that I've now got severe corrosion on both front doors. After fighting Jaguar for months they have now finally agreed to replace all four doors. Auto Express are going to be running a story on this as I had a visit by the photographer last week.
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2017, 11:09   #18
pob06
Gets stuck in

Starlight Silver ZT+ manual diesel saloon, Black X-Type Sport SE Diesel estate, manual.

I like the styling of the S type, quirky.

Couldnt afford to run a 75, a zt AND an S type though

Membership number 1044 -- Apparently in 1044 Henry III, Holy Roman Emporer got bored and invaded Hungary.
pob06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2017, 18:20   #19
vacuman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Have we all forgotten the 'retro' styling themes that originally inspired both the 75 and the S-type?

Even the launch of the new Jag s-type tv ad showed one driving past a shop window and the reflection was of a 60's white one. And since then we've had retro look Beetles and Minis as well. Can't see Ford bringing out a new Anglia anytime soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71P-rf6Lb_g

Same with the 75 and harking back to the Rover 100 / P4.

BTW - if anyone wants an aluminum bootlid for a P4 in good order i've one I need shot of for the price of a nice bottle of red.

Last edited by vacuman; 27th June 2017 at 18:23..
vacuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2017, 22:55   #20
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacuman View Post
Same with the 75 and harking back to the Rover 100 / P4.

BTW - if anyone wants an aluminum bootlid for a P4 in good order i've one I need shot of for the price of a nice bottle of red.
More styling cues from the P5B (which they had in the 75 styling studio l read at the time) than the P4, l think. You can pick out cues from both though & the P6 too if you study the 75. Wish they'd extended the centre armrest though.

What colour is your bootlid, btw?

The Rovering Member is online now   Reply With Quote