Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th June 2017, 09:15   #1
cw1uk2
Regular poster

MG ZT 190+

Default She Broke

RAC just towed me to the garage ☹️ She decided to dump the contents of the radiator, only flushed and replaced fluids a couple of weeks ago as it looked like they had been in there for sometime. I did think the pipes at the bottom look seriously rusty, hoping it's that rather than something nasty. On the upside I now have a day off work.
Jobs done: K&N air filter,Jules Plenum Guard, Shannon Tube, New coils, Emptied ton of water from boot, replaced rear light seals..Double Din unit installed, replaced AC controls with Blue lit ones, new front disks, Number plate light circuit replaced, headlights de-fogged, Breather Pipes replaced... Jobs to do- Paint Callipers, Fuel Tank Cage to be replaced, Fix Bonnet release as currently opening with pliers... and continue NOT to tell the Wife how much I'm spending
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cw1uk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2017, 10:08   #2
Rooney
Suspended

MG ZT 135+ Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, 75 2.5 V6 Saloon

I always think it's more promising when there's a sudden full expulsion than a slow leak.

Let us know what the diagnosis is - good luck
Rooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2017, 16:47   #3
cw1uk2
Regular poster

MG ZT 190+

Looking like thermostat and corroded pipes, I have seen the pipes and was surprised by the amount of rust. Going to get the MOT advisors done and the Aircon recharged at the same time, going to cost a bit but hopefully she will be sound for a while, been a bit of a money pit compared to my Rover that other than services never let me down.
Jobs done: K&N air filter,Jules Plenum Guard, Shannon Tube, New coils, Emptied ton of water from boot, replaced rear light seals..Double Din unit installed, replaced AC controls with Blue lit ones, new front disks, Number plate light circuit replaced, headlights de-fogged, Breather Pipes replaced... Jobs to do- Paint Callipers, Fuel Tank Cage to be replaced, Fix Bonnet release as currently opening with pliers... and continue NOT to tell the Wife how much I'm spending
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 29th June 2017, 17:40   #4
cw1uk2
Regular poster

MG ZT 190+

Up and running again, New thermostat, new stainless bottom pipes on radiator and brackets, replaced some of the rubber pipes that had signs of the rubber degrading, they also rubbed down break pipes and greased them up as started to rust (didn't charge me for that) Really pleased with the standard of work, another ZT was also in for work alongside a lovely MGBGT, if anyone in Southampton needs a decent garage look up Dykes in Woolston, family run, been there for years and have pride in what they do, will definitely use them again. Need to replace the fuel tank mounting cage as corrosion is pretty bad on that, any suggestions where I can source one appreciated?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 29th June 2017, 17:43   #5
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

I noticed a company on EBay remaking tank straps, or, you could just get some of that strapping with loads of holes in & make your own
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2017, 17:57   #6
Rooney
Suspended

MG ZT 135+ Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, 75 2.5 V6 Saloon

Glad you're up and running again

Fuel straps

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-MG...AAAOSwU-pXqJQK
Rooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2017, 18:03   #7
cw1uk2
Regular poster

MG ZT 190+

Thank you, appreciated, will get that on order.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 29th June 2017, 18:07   #8
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

A little tip that might help, another member posted a very good method of fitting new straps without dropping the exhaust Bolt a flat bar across the 2 sections, then cut off the bendy bit that goes in the tunnel When I fit my stainless one, that's the method for me
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2017, 19:32   #9
cw1uk2
Regular poster

MG ZT 190+

Thank you, you mentioned a stainless one, are you having it manufactured for you or is there someone selling them?!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]