Closed Thread

Old 24th June 2016, 16:59   #971
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
I have no problem with your "personality" - it is the constant whinging that this is wrong, that is wrong - and that you seem to have so little faith in your country.

There are such people who see a glass 50% filled as "Half empty" - and there are those that seem that same glass as being "Half full".

I would suggest you try to see some positives in the outcome of the vote.

I voted Out despite my wanting to tour round Europe and my admiration for the ECJ. But the debacle that is the EU and its appalling treatment of some of its member states - Greece in particular and also Spanish youth unemployment - is something that I simply could not countenance.

Try to look at the bigger picture - not just You - not even just the UK - this result is a wake up call for the whole of the EU.
I fear it will take us back by a century, certainly go terms of manufacturing, and that is, if we can recover from foreign 'investment' leaving. I use the term investment liberally as most foreign companies were only here to take advantage of the government's hand outs and tariffs to the EU.

Steel industry, car production, being two big manufacturing industries that no longer exist as British. It will be a very rough ride.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
Old 24th June 2016, 17:02   #972
bobthebuilder
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE

Brian, I am just listening to what people have said about why they voted for 'Out', and it's frequently nothing to do with the actual issues of the referendum, it's a corruption of the real problems in the country that need sorting. The vote was a protest vote.

I'm wringing my hands in despair because everything was so predictable, and we have thrown away so much that was positive about the EU.

I also think this will lead to Scotland becoming independent and diminishing our influence even more. Would the loss of Scotland make us the 6th largest economy instead of the 5th?
Old 24th June 2016, 17:10   #973
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

I wonder how farmers feel about all of this? I dont think fuel will go up quite as bad as we fear, but a pint of milk almost certainly will! No more EU subsidies .........

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
Old 24th June 2016, 17:22   #974
Best_of_British
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer & Arden Green Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebuilder View Post
But the current evidence clearly points to the contrary.

In addition, a banker has just been on telly reminding us that in all probability, the EU will add fees or tariffs to financial transactions going in/out of London. This may seem abstract to many people, but it will mean lower returns on our savings and pensions. Alternatively, the institutions will move out of the UK altogether, taking their enormous tax contributions with them.
Better listen to banker on TV then, bet he tells the truth.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
Old 24th June 2016, 17:42   #975
Sprinter
Posted a thing or two

Jag S-Type 4.2 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
I'm totally with you bobthebuilder. I do hope we don't cause the rest of Europe to follow suite. I'm so sad that I'm shortly not to be an European citizen.
You will still be European, we are leaving the EU not Europe.

Europe consists of 50 or so countries while only 28 (give or take the odd one leaving) are EU members.
Old 24th June 2016, 18:04   #976
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post

"I fear...."

And I think these two words sum up the Remain Camp perfectly.
Old 24th June 2016, 18:08   #977
ihoo
Regular poster

Rover 75

hi all!
your vote shocked Russia too. Everybody discuss all around. Our mass media don't believe that exit will occur, like any other vote results in EU. Standart EU-principle "ask people and make otherwise"....., but just in case Ruble fell, as usual
Old 24th June 2016, 18:16   #978
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebuilder View Post
Brian, I am just listening to what people have said about why they voted for 'Out', and it's frequently nothing to do with the actual issues of the referendum, it's a corruption of the real problems in the country that need sorting. The vote was a protest vote.

I'm wringing my hands in despair because everything was so predictable, and we have thrown away so much that was positive about the EU.

I also think this will lead to Scotland becoming independent and diminishing our influence even more. Would the loss of Scotland make us the 6th largest economy instead of the 5th?
Well seeing as how Scotland received in 2012/13 (the latest year for which figs are available) £10,152 of Public Funding per head of population compared to just £8,529 for England via the Barnet formula - I do wonder just what sort of reception Nicola will get from the EU when she rocks up saying :-

"can we stay and have this funding level from you guys now because we like the smell of your money better than the UK's ?"

I can see this going down well.....
Old 24th June 2016, 18:17   #979
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihoo View Post
hi all!
your vote shocked Russia too. Everybody discuss all around. Our mass media don't believe that exit will occur, like any other vote results in EU. Standart EU-principle "ask people and make otherwise"....., but just in case Ruble fell, as usual
what is the standard Russian principle??
Old 24th June 2016, 18:18   #980
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihoo View Post
hi all!
No issue with your grammar - very much like your sense of humour
Closed Thread