Notices

Closed Thread

Old 25th June 2016, 19:50   #1081
Polly
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 260 SE, ZS120, ZR105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
If there was another vote, the balance would be tipped to remain .......your word "tough", I like

Wouldn't that all depend on which round the question was put?
You really should THINK first before signing any petition😧

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 25th June 2016, 19:55   #1082
elefsis
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDTi Club SE Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman2 View Post
Back in yer box mate. Unfortunately this Little England attitude is part of the reason we're now presented with this situation in the first f'ing place. I alluded to this many posts ago and was promptly criticised for my poor view on my fellow countrymen. Well your attitude (and many like it) justifies my statement. Me - I'm a Scot and proud to be British and recognise what we, as a country, have achieved united. Yes you may have lived and played during the blitz but my dad's side lost three members of his family in the war - all Scottish to the core - and showed more backbone then you've ever done matey. I've no truck with the SNP but you know what I'm having second thoughts. Sad days for sure...
You know nothing about me mate, so you get back in your box. Threats do not worry me in the slightest. We are all entitled to our views.
Old 25th June 2016, 19:56   #1083
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2750 HP View Post
Seems like many of the baby boomers / silver surfers have won the day. Where does that leave the youth who are the future?

As someone who has voted at every meaningful election since 1973 and most local elections I feel disenfranchised (if there is such a word).

Sign the petition - now 2,500,000 (ish)
How democratic is it to re run a vote because you don't like how the first one turned out Is that not the exact problem in Syria, the people want him out but he has decided to ignore them and carry on regardless.

I have also voted in every meaningful vote since 1994 when I came of age, I wouldn't sign the petition purely because we have just voted and even though some people don't like the result we still have to stand by it.
Old 25th June 2016, 19:58   #1084
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyv310 View Post
Absolutely no thanks.
I voted alongside millions of others. I would have accepted both outcomes as the democratic society we live in.
If some didn't vote or don't like the result........... tough, just accept the result and work a bit harder to keep this country Great.
Me too! What should we do, keep on having referendums until we get an answer which suites?

It was fair, it was legal - end of!

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
Old 25th June 2016, 19:59   #1085
Gman2
Posted a thing or two

ZTT+ 1.8T, mgf 1.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by elefsis View Post
You know nothing about me mate, so you get back in your box. Threats do not worry me in the slightest. We are all entitled to our views.
Frankly I have no interest in knowing anything about you - sadly your statements make it plain for all to see.
Old 25th June 2016, 19:59   #1086
maxi_crawf
Posted a thing or two

R75 Saloon Conn CDT SE, MG ZT190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly View Post
Wouldn't that all depend on which round the question was put?
You really should THINK first before signing any petition😧

Looks just about the right size for printing off, putting a piece of string through the corner and hanging up in the toilet
Old 25th June 2016, 19:59   #1087
dattrike
Posted a thing or two

V6 2ltr auto in copperleaf +CDTI Auto in Royal Blue on loan to Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2750 HP View Post
Seems like many of the baby boomers / silver surfers have won the day. Where does that leave the youth who are the future?

As someone who has voted at every meaningful election since 1973 and most local elections I feel disenfranchised (if there is such a word).

Sign the petition - now 2,500,000 (ish)
First and last post on this subject:

As someone of the same age approximately (been voting since 1971, never missed any vote whatsoever)
I did not want to join the Common Market so I have been disenfranchised (yes there is such a word) for over 40 years, I was also "the youth"of the day. Do what I did, abide by the democratic majority and do the best you can.
Old 25th June 2016, 20:04   #1088
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
That petition should be no surprise, if it is what it looks like. I'm not too sure, I'm having doubts about it's origin and true purpose. If it is what it looks like, it's what might be expected from many of the Remainders who voted out of fear and negativity, self-doubt and an abject belief in the dead hand of unaccountable central dictat. Already there have been posts about 'if the position had been the other way I would honour the result' while extolling the reason for the petition! Just as well it was the way it was! To agree with that is to, well, discretion prevails.
If the petition succeeded and there was a second byte at the cherry, I suspect the Leave vote would be even higher.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
Old 25th June 2016, 20:07   #1089
Polly
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 260 SE, ZS120, ZR105

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebuilder View Post
This call for a new referendum is a load of tosh and nothing will become of it. However if there were one, I'm sure Remain would win comfortably because as said yonks ago, those that don't want to change anything or didn't even want the referendum in the first place are by definition less inclined to get off their bottoms and vote. Having seen their side lose the first time they would probably vote and the turnout increase. I expected the turnout to be > 80%.

I still think there might be a referendum in a few years to accept or otherwise the trading agreement that is eventually agreed between the UK and the EU.

What's the appetite like in Scotland for another independence referendum?

Just think about, if the petition wins favour in parliament, we will need perhaps 100% of those voting for any deal to be approved.
Sound like another lollipop survey to me.

Old 25th June 2016, 20:08   #1090
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by elefsis View Post
Spyder, you have just confirmed that what I said is coorect, you have said that you are an immigrant and that you voted Remain. This, in my opinion, is because no matter where you are from, the sovreignty of this country is not important to you, like it is to me.

Having served my country as a regular soldier and lived thought the Blitz on London I come from an era when every Englishman had a backbone and if it were not for the sacrifices made by our forces during that war you would probably not even wanted to come here.

By voting to Remain you do not wish to be governed by a democracy but a dictatorship like the EU.

Perhaps that is what you were used to before you came here.
I believe that you are confusing too many variables. You also apear not to be aware of the fact that many "immigrants = people of non-UK origin" fought and died alongside Englishmen for our collective freedom.

I think you will also find that most people of non-English origin, such as Spyder and myself, made their decision on which way to vote on the basis of similar considerations to every English born person e.g. what the future will be like for our offspring inside and outwith the EU.
Closed Thread