Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th March 2016, 17:56   #1
Ravinder
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon x2, Rover 75 Tourer x2, Rover 220 Coupe Turbo

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,718 Posts
Default Seafield, Kirkcaldy

Here is a picture taken by my brother who has severe learning difficulties and has Epilepsy and suffers from depression ands generally doesn't keep very well most of the time. He recently asked me to take him out with my camera so we went down to Seafield, near where I live in Kirkcaldy, Fife. We struggled to get down there as he kept shaking and struggled to keep his footing and fell over a couple of times. His hand was also bandaged up as he broke it during an Epileptic fit recently. The walking wounded!

He has never seen me out with the camera before so was curious about what I get up to. He was desperate to take a picture so I set it up on the tripod from the Coastal Path and he pressed the remote shutter and this is the outcome. He was very happy to say the least, that he got a chance to take a picture and has been showing it proudly to our parents since. So, this is for him

Ravinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2016, 18:49   #2
sworks
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Sounds like the both of you had a good day, maybe worth investing in a bridge camera and get him more involved

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2016, 18:59   #3
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravinder View Post
Here is a picture taken by my brother who has severe learning difficulties and has Epilepsy and suffers from depression ands generally doesn't keep very well most of the time. He recently asked me to take him out with my camera so we went down to Seafield, near where I live in Kirkcaldy, Fife. We struggled to get down there as he kept shaking and struggled to keep his footing and fell over a couple of times. His hand was also bandaged up as he broke it during an Epileptic fit recently. The walking wounded!

He has never seen me out with the camera before so was curious about what I get up to. He was desperate to take a picture so I set it up on the tripod from the Coastal Path and he pressed the remote shutter and this is the outcome. He was very happy to say the least, that he got a chance to take a picture and has been showing it proudly to our parents since. So, this is for him

Good timing on his part firing the shutter to get the ship between the two stacks as well

Glad you had a great day out with your brother and got to spend some quality time together
Old 5th March 2016, 19:48   #4
mininuts
This is my second home

Cooper S 210

Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,631 Posts

Great pic, the ship perfectly framed by the stacks, and the birds, (Cormorants?), watching it go by
Good on you for taking time out with your brother, like said, get him a bridge camera so he can set up his own shots and get more involved.
Looks like we've another budding photographer in the club

2016 MINI Cooper S 210 : 2000 Rover 75 CDT Classic SE : 2009 Freelander 2 GS : 2000 Mini Cooper Sport : 1986 Mini Mayfair : 1980 Mini Pickup : 1971 Mini Cooper S
mininuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2016, 08:31   #5
doopydug
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Great shot - really pleased for him - no wonder he is proud :-)

I know the exact spot from where it was taken
doopydug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2016, 11:16   #6
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Lovely photo, well done to your brother.

Am I the only one who can remember Seafield when it was a huge working coal mine?

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2016, 13:25   #7
JimSharp39
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon

Default Seafield

Steve, I remember the Seafield pit very well-I'm originally from Kinghorn. i actually live in the housing that was put up on the site. My hoose is on the railway marshalling yard.
JimSharp39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2016, 13:38   #8
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

I was never in Seafield when I was on the footplate on the railway, that was the exclusive territory of the depot at Thornton. Passed it many times though.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2016, 20:01   #9
doopydug
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

My granddad was a miner at Seafield and he gave me a tour when I was about 8 years old
doopydug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2016, 00:00   #10
Astraeus
Regional Secretary North Scotland

MG ZS Exclusive 1.0T Auto 2022

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,058 Posts
Default Eeek..sh!

Oops

I was a Police Officer during the miners strike and visited Seafield.... Well, more times than I care to think of. Despite what folk think most of us hated the whole thing. ( overtime payments excepted)

Nearly went under a bus one of the early morning jobs. These were very difficult days for the mining folk in Fife but also the folk that worked through. I met a few of the working miners and they hated it too. Spent many a boring night siting in a police car outside one or other of their houses.

Seems a long, long time ago now but there is still great biterness with some.
Astraeus is offline   Reply With Quote