Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th April 2023, 10:01   #14161
p2roverman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie Tourer & Connie SE Saloon & Club SE Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by timon View Post
Did a test drive after replacement of the VIS motors and noticed a burning smell at a stop light. Back at home the wheel was hot to the touch. Coincidentally a topic concerning this exact problem was opened on this forum suggesting a sticky caliper so I gave everything a good clean yesterday but then it started pooring rain and, in a hurry, I slapped one breakpad back in backwards only to find that out when the job was done with the car back on its wheels. That's a first for sure. Today it was dry so I quickly fixed that. No more hot wheel for now.
Loss of power and judder, stopped to find a front disc not red hot but bright orange! Remarkably after 15 minutes the car rolled freely and have never had trouble with that front brake since
p2roverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2023, 10:06   #14162
p2roverman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie Tourer & Connie SE Saloon & Club SE Tourer

Removed the steel coolant pipes taking coolant to and from the oil cooler on the V6. Front bumper, slam panel etc off, radiator hinged out of the way.
This is all part of investigating a suspected oil cooler failure
p2roverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2023, 15:14   #14163
madeupname
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie Mk2 1.8 (Mo)

Went out to find the cause of the boot leak. Poured water down the boot gully and all dry, so not the light cluster. Poured water along the top of the chrome strip, no water. Poured water over the top of the rear window, Water build up.
Next job, how is it getting in?
poured more water over the same bit and waited. Water dripped down from the underneath of the gully just behind the light cluster. Put my fingers up and where the wing meets the top of the boot, felt a metal lip, soaking wet all the way along.
I'll take the trim off the rear windscreen and check for holes and splits.
Mo was born Tuesday, 22nd June 2004 @ 08:32:41
This vehicle was the 99,307th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 5,377th 75 1.8 Connoisseur to be made out of 6,033
This vehicle was the 783rd 75 in Firefrost Red (code: CEV) to be made out of 2,089 Firefrost Red 75s
madeupname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2023, 18:06   #14164
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

Today I did a full service on my zt derv and all went well.
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2023, 19:24   #14165
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ched View Post
Today I did a full service on my zt derv and all went well.
Not according to Karen's FB post...

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 9th April 2023, 19:30   #14166
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default I started...

The Pewter 75 has needed a new head assembly for three years, I got that on Friday and cleaned it today, the engine had new liners, pistons and bearings 5000 miles ago but the head needed changing. It had a new clutch at the same time as the engine work but the gearbox started to be awkward at 130,000 miles and so, I'm fitting a new gearbox with 46,000 miles on it, the same car has also donated it's suspension and the Pewter car will soon be back on the road after five years of being laid up.
Happy days indeed!
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2023, 19:36   #14167
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeupname View Post
Went out to find the cause of the boot leak. Poured water down the boot gully and all dry, so not the light cluster. Poured water along the top of the chrome strip, no water. Poured water over the top of the rear window, Water build up.
Next job, how is it getting in?
poured more water over the same bit and waited. Water dripped down from the underneath of the gully just behind the light cluster. Put my fingers up and where the wing meets the top of the boot, felt a metal lip, soaking wet all the way along.
I'll take the trim off the rear windscreen and check for holes and splits.
If you get a torch, shine it up underneath the top of the boot, through the cutouts , and you will see the ends of the clips that hold I believe the trim round the rear window. These leaked in my 2.5V6 when my son owned it. We cured it by coating the ends of the clips with ordinary silicon seal. That was around 10 years ago, and have never leaked since. Not easy to do ,but it can be done as we proved. Your description of where you found the water, sounds like where I said in an earlier post, the joint between the rear top of the wing, and the joint with the boot channel that the lid closes into. Some Waxoyle forced down between the joint will cure the leak.

Last edited by bl52krz; 9th April 2023 at 19:41..
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2023, 20:16   #14168
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Not according to Karen's FB post...

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
: That undertray nearly met its maker, I must have the only one that wont line up correctly, and dont get me started on those bolts, I have both types fitted, a complete contrast to the heater matrix removal and refit.

Oh, and the fuel filter, its a delphi branded one from dmgrs, its a couple of mm or so smaller in diameter that the mahle one it replaced so with the bracket tightened up it was still loose.

Last edited by Ched; 10th April 2023 at 17:39..
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2023, 22:08   #14169
Andy_with_a_screwdriver
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

Reached the Moon.🌙🙂
Andy_with_a_screwdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2023, 11:28   #14170
madeupname
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie Mk2 1.8 (Mo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
If you get a torch, shine it up underneath the top of the boot, through the cutouts , and you will see the ends of the clips that hold I believe the trim round the rear window. These leaked in my 2.5V6 when my son owned it. We cured it by coating the ends of the clips with ordinary silicon seal. That was around 10 years ago, and have never leaked since. Not easy to do ,but it can be done as we proved. Your description of where you found the water, sounds like where I said in an earlier post, the joint between the rear top of the wing, and the joint with the boot channel that the lid closes into. Some Waxoyle forced down between the joint will cure the leak.
No thanks button so I'll say thanks David. I was thinking of spraying something up there. Also I've been reading the 'how to' regarding fixing the rear windscreen clips. Might need to buy some spare clips before attempting this. But I have waxoil and a pipe for spraying it into awkward places so that will be job one after the MOT next week.
Mo was born Tuesday, 22nd June 2004 @ 08:32:41
This vehicle was the 99,307th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 5,377th 75 1.8 Connoisseur to be made out of 6,033
This vehicle was the 783rd 75 in Firefrost Red (code: CEV) to be made out of 2,089 Firefrost Red 75s
madeupname is offline   Reply With Quote