Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th September 2009, 19:41   #11
Gman2
Posted a thing or two

ZTT+ 1.8T, mgf 1.8

The place in Blackpool appears to have a good reputation but as I understand you have to wait for them to have your style of alloy in stock refurbed before you can do the biz - you can't swap styles. Unfortuantely mine aren't listed.

Having done some digging on this recently it would appear that the proper jobs are wet painted and a trusted place nearish to me starts at £85 per corner - so for 18" I bet it's closer to £100! Powder coating is cheaper starting at approx £50 but may not last the course. I'm getting a recommended bloke in Wakefield to look over mine on Friday but at the outset he did say that MG wheels are poorish quality and can present a few refurb probs I understand the coating on the MG wheels did not extend to the back hence the flaking and bubbling. On the other hand the Unions on the R75 are far superior so the finish must be different
Gman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2009, 12:35   #12
Gman2
Posted a thing or two

ZTT+ 1.8T, mgf 1.8

Been to the guy and Wakefield who in turn advised me to go to Metal Magic in Barnsley. The low down is for a tyres off service involving strip down, light blast, wet paint back to the original colour and balancing and all turned around in the day is £235 incl! Knock £40 off if you leave the car with them for a few days - seems quite a good deal so I'll be booking for November.
Gman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2009, 16:52   #13
Bobon
Loves to post

MG ZT 160T+

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpilky View Post
hi,thanks for that.have been in touch with them about my grid spokes.none in stock at present.looks like i am waiting for a while.can you tell on the rims if they have had any kerb damage or have they been fully repaired,regards.
I had my wheels swapped there a few weeks back and they are like new.They are not set up yet to produce refurbed wheels because of a move.I'm sure there is a backlog too so i would say you will have a long wait.
Imo it is well worth the wait the car will not be off the road and the wheels they do are pristine.Also if you can get to Blackpool fitting is free.
Bobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2009, 18:12   #14
johnpilky
Loves to post

mg zt 160+

hi,thanks for the reply.looks like i will have quite a wait then,but by your reply it sounds as though it is worth it,regards.
johnpilky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2010, 09:18   #15
johnpilky
Loves to post

mg zt 160+

Default px wheels blackpool

hi guys,just been up to px to exchange my gridspokes.anyone thinking of exchanging their wheels should take a look at this place.the gridspokes are top quality and they have a few more different patterns in stock.well worth the trip up to blackpool,regards.
johnpilky is offline   Reply With Quote