Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th November 2017, 18:08   #11
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

There was an interesting thought shared by a chap in Holland in a BBC article which, stated the chap, he is concerned about a no deal effect and having to start with tariffs again for import export thus, causing huge delays to shipping.

Much in the same way the Belgium's strangled all road, rail and sea freight for many years, in order not to go on a tangent..

The Dutch chap was posed with a little food for thought like so:-

We the UK have a very strong bargaining hand because, everyone in the EU will want to continue trading with us after Brexit because, we sell just as much as we import from them..

The Dutchman said " Save your dreaming for night time".
rustymotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2017, 19:44   #12
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rab60bit View Post
I'm not getting into this again..................
Excellent - thank you.

What most people seem not to appreciate is that the majority of our commitments will be legally binding. Unions and separations are never going to be achieved without the cost of fulfilling past commitments.

Last edited by MSS; 16th November 2017 at 19:49..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2017, 05:39   #13
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Well whichever way you look at "Europe" we have all enjoyed many peaceful years unlike our ancestors suffering two world wars and 40 million lives lost in the second.

No reference to the Serbian, Croatian and Bosnian conflicts in the 90's not important no oil there.

So since the Brexit vote I've become a don't care what happens next, as long as there is stability my kids have a chance in life to do well, live in a democratic country and be happy and healthy.
Old 17th November 2017, 09:57   #14
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

The Eu has a problem and it’s one that the remainers on here constantly and consistently ignore. The UK’s gross contribution to the EU in 2016/17 of £12.2 BILLION.

The U.K. received from the EU £4.1 BILLION

So the net contribution the EU receives from the U.K. is £8.1 BILLION.

Source - Oct 9 Research Briefings - Parliament U.K.

So as we are a truly significant net contributor to the total EU budget - and remember that of the 28 member states, only 9 actually make a net contribution, - the remaining 19 member states receive far more than they contribute.

So little wonder that those remaining net contributing States are dismayed to find that without the UK’s £8 Billion coming in - their cost of EU membership goes up a £BILLION a year.

That is - IMO - a significant reason why the EU feels it has to try to get the U.K. to continue to pay a huge price for leaving. If it doesn’t then other contributor States could start to look at the benefits of leaving as well.

That is why - again IMO based on my own analysis - we would be better off with a hard Brexit . Firstly WTO rules are not that onerous - after all - that is what the likes of S. Korea and Japan traid with the EU under.

And as a real businessman has said - Dyson - the real markets - the expanding markets - are not within the EU.

The EU is a political construct whose main aim is wealth distribution from the richer member states to the poorer member states. And even when the EU feels it to be politically expedient to do so - give member states wealth and assets to non-EU states - as it did by facilitating a £80Million loan to Ford to move the Transit Factory in Southampton to Turkey.

I fail to see how those that advocate how wrong it is to leave the EU and that when we do leave we have to pay a huge price - can possibly look at these basic economic facts and STILL say what they do?
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2017, 12:27   #15
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Hi Darcydog: While those figures have some credibility the net figure has to be balanced against the benefit of access to the single market however, it is still an enormous price to pay..

No doubt the Germans will moan as their contribution could rise to euro15 billion and let the French contribution rise from euro 5 billion to euro 15 billion..

If TM want's credibility much in the same way Mrs T operated, tell the EU to take a running jump ..

Anyways, the French didn't want us in the EU at any price unless of coarse there was another occupying army in Paris to be kicked out.

Last edited by rustymotor; 17th November 2017 at 12:30..
Old 17th November 2017, 12:28   #16
Stevie25
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustymotor View Post
It's a very entertaining story sadly, a million miles from the reality as are many of the replies
We were told that a deal with the EU 'would be easy'
They 'need' and must' do a deal with us. Hmmmmm

I worry at night about the who going to buy those new BMWs.
But then again I am sure the Germans will find new markets for them!
Just saying.
Stevie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2017, 12:34   #17
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie25 View Post

Just saying.

Well Stevie, sometimes you have to throw the excretia in the fan and sort it out from there ..but if Davies and May are going to dilly and dally about then we as a nation will look weak..so let's get on with it.

No body going to buy dem der beamers less they got batteries oh no wait, they could all be dumped in Africa same as the high tar fags were.

Last edited by rustymotor; 17th November 2017 at 12:40..
Old 17th November 2017, 13:00   #18
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

The major problem with leaving the EU is that it's being done so badly - the way things are going a lot of small British companies will be destroyed before they get the chance sell to 'emerging markets' (should they actually exist in reality). The actual reality is that the current biggest market for British companies is the EU so pay the money and start talking about trade agreements - who cares if it's more than 'people' want to pay (and it's just about principle, if the government decided they wanted to they could 'find' £75 billion - DUP?) it's what the EU want so just pay it and get onto the far more important stuff or we are all screwed

James Dyson moved most of his company to Malaysia so he is no example of a brighter future for British manufacturing either. What annoys me as well is people saying 'we never had a problem trading before we joined the single market', no - but that was 35 years ago and the world has changed a lot since then.

I have got over the disappointment of Brexit but I want to see people actually working to make it work rather than the nonsense we are currently engulfed in

Last edited by mystabe; 17th November 2017 at 13:22..
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2017, 13:25   #19
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie25 View Post

Just saying.
Germany is an interesting example - we buy more from them than they buy from us. So if we have to go to WTO rules then Germany would be the net loser.

As for the comment “if emerging markets actually exist” - this actually confirms the considerable genuine ignorance of many in the remain camp.

Having spoken to many - I am forming the opinion that an awful lot of them are like Americans - totally bemused and ignorant about events, geography and history outside of the United States of America.

Heaven forbid our children ever became that insular that THEIR world was restricted to the United States of Europe!
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2017, 13:27   #20
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post

As for the comment “if emerging markets actually exist” - this actually confirms the considerable genuine ignorance of many in the remain camp.
Pacific Trade Agreement? - we're not part of that are we?

Look at a world map that highlights the EU, people with a decent standard of living and who want what I sell - look at the rest of the World...... yes, in 35 years that might all change but I live in the now, I have no choice.....

Lets shut ourselves away though eh, it's the future - we have no industry and a very small indigenous skilled workforce so it'll be fine in a couple of years.....

Last edited by mystabe; 17th November 2017 at 13:36..
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote