Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th May 2012, 11:31   #1
Desertedbeach
Regular poster

Rover 75 V6 Connie, launch spec.

Default Sunroof drains - help a mechanical novice??

Hi there

I have been happily pootling along in Delphi, my Launch Model 75 V6.

Yesterday I noticed that the rear drivers side footwell was very wet. I have plucked my "car maintenance" cherry by checking and clearing all the plenums (including the lower one near the ECU... I actually woke up in the night worrying about doing that. How daft! It was fine). Everything was clear and bone dry, pollen filter was positively snowy looking.

Checked the boot - all dry, checked the wheel area, all dry.

Front drivers area is dry, underneath rear seat is dry. The wet is rear footwell only and slightly under the driver's seat.

So I'm figuring it is my sunroof drains. Despite reading tons of stuff I am rather filled with trepidation about taking out glove boxes and taking off wheels - can someone give me a step by step guide to what I can do myself without ruining something or wheel removal? It would be much appreciated. I'm happy to get my hands dirty but as plenum checking was the first vaguely mechanical thing I've done, I'm a bit pathetic about it all really.
Desertedbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 12:23   #2
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertedbeach View Post
Hi there

I have been happily pootling along in Delphi, my Launch Model 75 V6.

Yesterday I noticed that the rear drivers side footwell was very wet. I have plucked my "car maintenance" cherry by checking and clearing all the plenums (including the lower one near the ECU... I actually woke up in the night worrying about doing that. How daft! It was fine).
There are four sunroof drains, one at each corner, rear passenger side probably means you need to check the one for the O/S rear corner. Which is hidden behind the boot trim by the rear wheel, it might have parted from its outlet or be blocked.

Alternativily, it could be the rear light or side trim lealing, either source could make its way forward without seeming to wet the boot.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote