Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th March 2010, 18:37   #1
1gp
I really should get out more.......

mgzt, 135 cdti , manual , in solar red.also own a mgtf.

Default 50 amp supply to run seat motors ???.

hi, got some electric memory seats yesterday, no problems with passenger seat only one motor to run.... i sorted a loom out in my kitchen and powered seats up by a battery charger , ok on passenger seat, BUT on drivers seat couldnt get it to work each motor runs checked them , but when i wired it the same as the" how to section" the switchs no go ? is it that i really need to wire it, in the car and test it, as it needs 50amps to power all three motors and switch etc ....
1gp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2010, 19:19   #2
StevenWilliams
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5 V6 British Racing Green. 81,000 miles and counting

I have mine wored into the 30 amp wires for the rear towbar.. Works fine.

Looking for: 7 seater
StevenWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2010, 20:18   #3
fooman
Regular poster

Rover 75 CDT Tourer

I take it you are just testing them? It could be the charger doesn't supply enough current to operate the memory seat though I would think running the motors out of the car with no one sat in current draw would be low, so could also be connected wrong. For the drivers seat I connected 3 positives and 2 earths on the 8 pin plug.

This includes the thin +ve and -ve that I think powers the memory unit (but required to operate seats too) and the switched live.

BTW the drivers seat draws 30mA in this configuration when not in use, not a significant amount not worth switching off. Incidentally I drew power straight from the two 30A fuse positions marked 'seat' with a spade connector (fuses now inline) as I didn't have a plug in the 50A aux outlet.

Now if I could just get the rear backs out I would be done! Also has anyone powered up the heated seats in a retro fit? Do I just put 12v through the heated seat connectors?
fooman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2010, 20:33   #4
1gp
I really should get out more.......

mgzt, 135 cdti , manual , in solar red.also own a mgtf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fooman View Post
I take it you are just testing them? It could be the charger doesn't supply enough current to operate the memory seat though I would think running the motors out of the car with no one sat in current draw would be low, so could also be connected wrong. For the drivers seat I connected 3 positives and 2 earths on the 8 pin plug.

This includes the thin +ve and -ve that I think powers the memory unit (but required to operate seats too) and the switched live.

BTW the drivers seat draws 30mA in this configuration when not in use, not a significant amount not worth switching off. Incidentally I drew power straight from the two 30A fuse positions marked 'seat' with a spade connector (fuses now inline) as I didn't have a plug in the 50A aux outlet.

Now if I could just get the rear backs out I would be done! Also has anyone powered up the heated seats in a retro fit? Do I just put 12v through the heated seat connectors?
this is what i thought, about using batt charger"... cheers.... getting rear seats out are tight, there is a strap that you pull at the top of the seats at each top corner , get your hand in and pull it , it will unlock the seats. there is a how to, on heated seats iam sure its 12v through a relay and fuse may be wrong....

Last edited by 1gp; 6th March 2010 at 20:35..
1gp is offline   Reply With Quote