Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st July 2017, 18:50   #1
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts
Default Had to replace my father in laws lower mount today.

My father in law came up today, while I was planning on having a day off with the kids and said could I check all his undertray was bolted on correctly as he thought a speed hump might have clipped it

Anyway I jacked it up and checked it and thought I'd replace a couple of missing screws, so while at it I'll remove it and clean it.... Then once removed I thought I'll check the lower mount, with the mount fitted it looked fine but I got the inspection lamp on it and thought I might remove it and check it...

Oh what a surprise

As you can see it looks ok, but experience tells me to look further

And as you can see this mount was past its best, as soon as I put a screwdriver in it and pulled the splits became obvious.
So new mount fitted and undertray done and clean.

Morale of this long winded story, a quiet day off at home with your tools won't last long!!,but you might just achieve something good

AND NEVER PRESSUME YOUR LOWER MOUNT IS OK FROM JUST LOOKING.

Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2017, 22:53   #2
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Hi Mick
I have seen loads of lower engine mounts like that, you can see the dark line even before you remove, and once you do that is what you see in your photo, First choice is always an original mount with the letter T stamped on it for a diesel, P for 2.0 2.5 Petrol, and M for the 1.8 &1.8T

Next choice would be Power flex, then Jag mount with a bit of modification, only reason I am putting Jag mount as third choice is I have only just started using them and up to now they look very robust and do the job really good, and maybe in very near future I can say on par with the original mount

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2017, 05:50   #3
howardf
Regular poster

ROVER 75 SALOON

I used a second hand mondeo mount with the mod that Arctic mentioned a couple of years ago....still going strong.
howardf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2017, 10:17   #4
Mickyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi Mick
I have seen loads of lower engine mounts like that, you can see the dark line even before you remove, and once you do that is what you see in your photo, First choice is always an original mount with the letter T stamped on it for a diesel, P for 2.0 2.5 Petrol, and M for the 1.8 &1.8T

Next choice would be Power flex, then Jag mount with a bit of modification, only reason I am putting Jag mount as third choice is I have only just started using them and up to now they look very robust and do the job really good, and maybe in very near future I can say on par with the original mount
I would always go with the OEM arm mate, as I've got a yellow power flex on my ZT CDTI manual and it's not that good, feels to stiff, shame because I had a early red powerflex on my ZT CDTI AUTO and it was ok.
Never considered the Jag mount or even considered it until now.
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

[/SIZE]
Old 22nd July 2017, 17:49   #5
EastPete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Classic saloon, MGB GT, Skoda Yeti

Quote:
Hi Mick
First choice is always an original mount with the letter T stamped on it for a diesel, P for 2.0 2.5 Petrol, and M for the 1.8 &1.8T

Steve

I recently ordered a lower mount for the diesel from Rimmers- arrived in a box with the correct part number (KKH101402), but it had an 'M' stamped on it, not 'T'. Have they sent the wrong one ??

Cheers

Pete
EastPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2017, 18:17   #6
Mickyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastPete View Post
Steve

I recently ordered a lower mount for the diesel from Rimmers- arrived in a box with the correct part number (KKH101402), but it had an 'M' stamped on it, not 'T'. Have they sent the wrong one ??

Cheers

Pete
Hi Pete,
M is for the 1.8 or 1.8T version, the diesel should have T stamped on it, I had a new one in my garage that I fitted and it was for the CDT/CDTI I'd had it for about 18months.
Looks like you have the wrong one for a diesel. If you look on rimmers you should see T stamped on it in their picture
Mick

[/SIZE]
Old 22nd July 2017, 19:29   #7
EastPete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Classic saloon, MGB GT, Skoda Yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickyboy View Post
Hi Pete,
M is for the 1.8 or 1.8T version, the diesel should have T stamped on it, I had a new one in my garage that I fitted and it was for the CDT/CDTI I'd had it for about 18months.
Looks like you have the wrong one for a diesel. If you look on rimmers you should see T stamped on it in their picture
Mick
Thanks Mick - you are right - the picture on their website shows a 'T', but I definitely have an 'M' on the one they sent me -in a box with the right part number for the diesel. I think I'll be phoning them on Monday and returning the item ! Who can we trust when it comes to parts suppliers these days ??

Pete
EastPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2017, 20:57   #8
Mickyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastPete View Post
Thanks Mick - you are right - the picture on their website shows a 'T', but I definitely have an 'M' on the one they sent me -in a box with the right part number for the diesel. I think I'll be phoning them on Monday and returning the item ! Who can we trust when it comes to parts suppliers these days ??

Pete
Hi Pete,
Well I'd like to think that I am trustworthy but I don't supply new items
Sorry to hear they seem to have supplied the wrong item, and it's not the first time I've had people say that to me about them, unfortunately mistakes happen that's why I always make sure when I supply a part it's correct, as I wouldn't like to see somebody fit something then have to remove it again.

At least in your case Pete I was able to identify that rimmers have probably supplied the wrong part and saved you a job of fitting it
Mick

[/SIZE]
Old 23rd July 2017, 00:03   #9
Sprinter
Posted a thing or two

Jag S-Type 4.2 V8

Quote:
Hi Mick
I have seen loads of lower engine mounts like that, you can see the dark line even before you remove, and once you do that is what you see in your photo...,
I saw one exactly like that today at the Nano meet. You were holding it at the time.
Old 23rd July 2017, 07:22   #10
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinter View Post
I saw one exactly like that today at the Nano meet. You were holding it at the time.
Paul you did indeed, what a faf fitting it give be an hard standing and some ramps any day are you at the meet today ? Arctic

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote