Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 11th June 2017, 10:08   #1
kevin75tourer
Loves to post

75 Contempery SE Tourer in Moonshine/220 Coupe's/ 216 Coupe's 420GSI Tourer

Default Advetisers that are slow / do not respond.

If someone placed a for sale advert on here say Tuesday evening and you enquire for more pictures by email as stated in the advert early Thursday mornings would you expect to still be waiting and in dead had not responce what so evet even after having sent follow up emails.Pm,s?
Old 11th June 2017, 17:58   #2
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

I sent a pm to a member on here 18th April about a car for sale and still no reply. A moderator has kindly helped me too but with no result.
Sent sporadic pm's since but have now given up. Why bother advertising?
Old 11th June 2017, 18:41   #3
Rooney
Suspended

MG ZT 135+ Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, 75 2.5 V6 Saloon

I suppose it depends what they're selling.

As a general rule the way a seller communicates before you buy from them gives you a good indication of how they'll be if you need to get hold of them to discuss a problem.

Back in the days when I used to teach businesses how to sell on eBay rule one was communnicate.
Rooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2017, 19:25   #4
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin75tourer View Post
If someone placed a for sale advert on here say Tuesday evening and you enquire for more pictures by email as stated in the advert early Thursday mornings would you expect to still be waiting and in dead had not responce what so evet even after having sent follow up emails.Pm,s?
Has the poster been online since?

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2017, 09:24   #5
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Down to human nature possibly.
You advertise something then realise you shouldn't. The PMs come in and then ignore.
Again it may have been sold quick and some don't bother to post up sold.
Unfortunately we are not all so conscientious.
Old 12th June 2017, 09:40   #6
Sonic ZS
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn CDT Tourer, 75 Conn SE V6, 75 Conn V6, 75 Conn CDTi Tourer, ZS 180

Quote:
still be waiting and in dead had not responce what so evet even after having sent follow up emails.Pm,s?
From what you've written, I'm guessing you are saying that you've asked for additional pictures, but not received a response ? Does that mean they've agreed to send them but you've not received anything, or that you've heard nothing at all from the seller ?

If it's the latter, then don't be too hard on them - your request may not have got through to them (a possible technical glitch in the emails, maybe ? ) so they will be sitting there completely unaware of your predicament.

We are all far too reliant on electronic communication nowadays and I for one regularly get asked for email quotes, where the enquirer's 'system' won't let me respond for some reason ? Without a phone number or contact address they must be thinking the exact same thing as you !
Old 12th June 2017, 22:51   #7
kevin75tourer
Loves to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
Has the poster been online since?
They have not been on line since the day after they put the advert up for a car for sale. Maybe they have already got a buyer lined up or something else more important has come up in their life and taken time up. i do not know about all youi guy but when i had a car up for sale on here about 4 years ago now I check in at least once a day to see if anyone was trying to contact me.
Old 12th June 2017, 22:56   #8
kevin75tourer
Loves to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic ZS View Post
From what you've written, I'm guessing you are saying that you've asked for additional pictures, but not received a response ? Does that mean they've agreed to send them but you've not received anything, or that you've heard nothing at all from the seller ?

If it's the latter, then don't be too hard on them - your request may not have got through to them (a possible technical glitch in the emails, maybe ? ) so they will be sitting there completely unaware of your predicament.

We are all far too reliant on electronic communication nowadays and I for one regularly get asked for email quotes, where the enquirer's 'system' won't let me respond for some reason ? Without a phone number or contact address they must be thinking the exact same thing as you !
Their advert said that the did not know who to post picture on here so you would need to send them a pm/ email to get some. I have sent 3 PM,s and 2 emails without any response and include my phone number in them. I do not appear to qualify to post directly onto the for sale advert even thou i am a payed up member and been here years now?
Old 12th June 2017, 23:02   #9
Rooney
Suspended

MG ZT 135+ Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, 75 2.5 V6 Saloon

Quote:
I do not appear to qualify to post directly onto the for sale advert even thou i am a payed up member and been here years now?
Only the advertiser or a mod can post on a car for sale advert - it's to prevent clowns from telling you that your car isn't worth the asking price.
Rooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2017, 15:38   #10
kevin75tourer
Loves to post

I have still not had any reply although that may be because the guy that put the car up for sale on the 6th off June has not logged in since the 7th off June. You put a car up for sale on here then after the advert has been live less than 24 hours you do not bother logging back in again for 10 days and counting! I am shore that is not really going to work very well in it. Maybe it sold withing the day or they changed their mind about selling. Whatever way a update or some response to pms and emails would be nice. I am going to the town where the car is for sale tomorrow so it would have been nice to have been able to view it if it is still for sale that is.