Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > V8 Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 27th July 2017, 22:44   #231
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Mk1, Rover 75 Mk2, MGZT-260 Rover 75 CDTI Touring

Well, the latest update in the long, long 005 saga.

Cooling fan and air con clutch problems sorted !!!

After stripping the wiring out and apart and finding no faults, then fitting a new gateway and still having the same problem, I was pretty convinced that the engine control module had to be the culprit.
I am pleased to say that it was.

TRIKEY to the rescue Many, Many thanks Andy!!
Isn't it amazing what people carry in stock Brand spanking new too !!

I must say that the help I have received from members of this forum and also over on the two-sixties have been second to none, without it I do wonder if this project would ever have got to this stage. It is great to know that there are those out there who are dedicated to seeing that these cars remain on the road and are really not solely interested in personal gain.

I fitted the ecm to the car, all faults cured but she wouldn't start. I plugged in diagnostics, fault came straight up "theft detected, vehicle immobilised" I knew exactly what that meant and made an immediate call to CB750Chris. He graciously agreed to come round forthwith and program the immobilizer to the ecm.
005 started up straight away and is now running quite happily with no cooling fan and a/c faults. The a/c seal kit that I ordered from Rock Auto in the States 5 days ago arrived yesterday, and I fitted the compressor o rings and new hoses last night. Just need to vacuum down, top up the PAG oil and charge the system now and the a/c side is finished.
Next port of call was to Jules to order one of his spangly new super duper Revotec fan kits, that arrived yesterday morning also (excellent service thanks Julian) and I will be fitting this at the week-end. Very nice piece of kit and comes with everything needed to install. I can thoroughly recommend these kits to any of you who may be experiencing the dreaded resistor/slow speed faults.

Looks like it is really only the brakes to sort out now and I think, we could be there
Old 28th July 2017, 00:03   #232
ryszard
Gets stuck in

Moonstone diesel,X351 Jaguar and now MG ZT 260

Hi,great to hear this,have been following your progress with great admiration.Would love to have lived nearby and popped in on the pretext of moral support but it would really have been curiousity.Keep it up please.Regards Ry....
ryszard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2017, 20:45   #233
wnj516
Avid contributor

ZT400 SE

I had my ECU repaired by a company on the Isle of wight, near you , might be worth you checking them out for a price. Avilec and i have no connection to them.
wnj516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2017, 00:52   #234
mkellerman
Regular poster

MG ZT

How is this going? You must be nearly done now///
mkellerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2018, 16:15   #235
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Mk1, Rover 75 Mk2, MGZT-260 Rover 75 CDTI Touring

To all you guys who are wondering, this is the current state of play. I became extremely disillusioned towards the end of last year, and there comes a point when you really have to ask yourself, is it all worth it.
As you will have noticed from my various postings, I had a mammoth push to get the car finished last year and I spent many, many hours (and a small fortune) out in the garage and as you wil remember, I overcame a lot of challenges. BUT, I was scuppered at the last post I'm afraid, literally all that was left to be done was to bleed the brakes. I had the car jacked up, running whilst I set up my auto bleed device. The car had been running for quite a while and the cooling fan was cycling on and off quite nicely and the engine temperature holding really nicely, when all of a sudden I noticed a drip on the floor. I checked it out, and to my disgust, the engine rear main oil seal is leaking (even though everything in the rear of the engine is new) Total strip down required I'm afraid, engine/box back out.
Nah, I've had enough, the car will wait until I'm good and ready now. Maybe, one day I'll think about it, until then it can sit right where it is.
If this was a standard car, I would have binned it without any regrets, but because of the historical significance of 005, I will see it through to the bitter end. Just not for a while