Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th October 2015, 13:49   #71
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakg View Post
I've cleaned the connector up, but it's still giving the lower voltage.

I've tried to remove the sensor, but I'm not confident that it will come out without breaking, so I am unable to clean it unless I'm confident thats the problem.
Its a Hall Effect sensor, so it should snap quickly and cleanly to the specified voltages. If it doesn't then the sensor must be faulty.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2015, 17:34   #72
Jakg
This is my second home

N/A

I checked again and the voltage looks good, so it's not that. The segments on all the wheels look good so I'm at a bit of a loss?

I was thinking of removing and cleaning up all the sensors but the drivers side front is stuck fast, I've left PlusGas to soak for days but it's not moving.
Jakg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2015, 19:17   #73
Jakg
This is my second home

N/A

Bump - I've removed the ABS fuse and it's not happening anymore, so it's definitely ABS related.

To recap - all sensors look fine, two new bearings and one new sensor. Cruise works fine.

Tempted to replace all the sensors anyway just to try track down the problem!
Old 23rd November 2015, 20:36   #74
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,481 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakg View Post
When braking very very gently at low speeds (<15 MPH), I sometimes get ABS kick in very lightly.

Stopping from faster speeds is fine, and ABS kicks in normally if you go for an emergency stop.

Last time this happened (last week) I thought it was air in the system, and after a couple of hard stops it was all ok again.

Unfortunately its happened again driving back from work, and a hard stop hasnt changed anything.

Any ideas?

I'm changing the brake fluid this weekend anyway.
Same problem I have its been going on for months, Stopping power still good, but does crunch, ABS fault comes on after 10 mins of driving, but its only show on the dash recently.

So I reckon I have more ABS faults, I think I've got two or three at this point at once.

Speedo meter no problem and cruise again no problems.

I'm going for hog doing the work myself,

Front wheel bearings.
Rear hubs
New sensors all round.
Brand new relator rings or what you call them lol.
Need to sort out the 190 calliper's upgrades and discs as well, so will do everything at the same time, makes a lot more easier.

Could do with getting the rear brake guards as well, as my hand brake shoes are not 100 secure, yeah its corroded too hell.

Lest we forget.

Never forget them and support our armed forces.

https://i.imgur.com/oyca2Lyl.jpg?1
Passion Never Dies It Only Gets Stronger.
Go your own way.

Lordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2016, 23:19   #75
Jakg
This is my second home

N/A

Never diagnosed my fault preoperly, so went for the nuclear option - all four wheel bearings and sensors have now been replaced over the last couple of years and my problems have gone away