Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th March 2008, 17:23   #11
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

Try a new battery in the fob. From memory after installing a new battery you have to press the open button 4 times to set it up.
New keys, best price and service from Lates member on here. lates600.com there are no cheap ways round the key issue.
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2008, 17:33   #12
Briank
Regular poster

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

thank you for that. Are the battries easily available?
Briank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2008, 17:44   #13
Tatts
This is my second home

MG6 TL

Yes. CR2032.

Last edited by GreyGhost; 13th March 2008 at 18:37.. Reason: Pic deleted with posters agreement
Tatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2008, 15:13   #14
Briank
Regular poster

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

Default Oil pressure warning light

sorry its me again, Just brought the rover 75 which has an oil leak, I think its coming from the oil pressure warning switch, which by the way was disconnected by the previous owner and guest what when i connectted it the oil pressure warning light came on, I have put oil in it but youve guessed it the light stays on, my question is two fold is the pressure switch easy to change and could it be faulty hence stopping on or hells bells is there a much more sinister reason for the the light by that I mean expensive. Please advise me as I am begining think i have been had over.
Old 14th March 2008, 17:45   #15
Simon
Banned

-

Threads merged

Sounds ominous re: oil pressure light.
Haynes manual recommeds jacking up car to gain better access and removing right hand front wheel plus undertray followed by wheel arch liner itself. The switch itself simply unscrews out and a small amount of oil spillage is normal. Recover the seal and when refitting a new seal is recommended. Clean-up and refit then top up oil as necessary.

Also worth checking and if necessary replace the oil filter just underneath the pressure switch. Remove sump plug, drain oil, clean and refit using new filter. If for some reason the sump plug or filter is damaged or installed incorrectly this is where you could be losing oil from too.

If your car has air-con then the oil cooler is in a similar location and so it's worth checking around that for oil leaks.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2008, 07:41   #16
kevin
I really should get out more.......

ford focus ghia

as Simon says look at your oil filter. when I 1st got my car oil light keep coming on I could not find out why till one day I looked under car after a drive and saw oil all other the filter . the reson being the garage where I got car from did not do the oil filter up.
kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2008, 12:00   #17
Briank
Regular poster

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

I have checked oil level it is fine, there is a definate leak from the switch, as I said before the previous owner had disconected the switch(bless him) I am worried that could be reason for loss of oil pressure, wishful thinking lets me believe the switch is faulty