Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th June 2012, 08:26   #1
EugeneM

Rover75 CDT ConnSE, MGZT-T260SE

Default Driver's door Backplate assembly removal.

Hi Everyone,

Hope you can help. The cable door release on my ZT broken last week (hook snapped off!). Ordered a new cable and fitted yesterday. So far so good.
Upon re-assembly the plastic lever that attached to the door handle release rod dropped out. I now realised that removal of the door latch handle assembly was required to get at the backplate and hopefully re-seat the lever.
Unfortunately one of the torx screws snapped, (new backplate on order), but my main concern is that I can't remove the backplate/lock ***'y from the door. As it's the driver's door the master lock assembly seems to be in the way. My next course of action is to remove the glass (as recommended by Haynes) but just thought I'd see if anyone out there has had a similar problem and can advise whilst I wait for the replacement backplate.
BTW. I followed J1MBO's post for removal of the door lock/backplate which proved helpful and less convoluted than the Haynes, (I really didn't want to remove the window glass!), way.
Thanks,
Eugene.
EugeneM is offline   Reply With Quote